Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract?
    #3247505 - 10/12/04 03:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really understand. I was under the assumption that the LSA itself caused one to get sick. How would taking it sublingually change that?

The only two times I've done LSA I defenitely got sick. First time I drank a 9 seed cold water extraction, and the second time I just ate 12 seeds.

So obviously, having the LSA in your stomach has something to do with it?

I don't quite understand. Thanks

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3247590 - 10/12/04 04:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the lsa does not cause the sickness, there are things that are called carcinogenic glisocided(sp) in the seeds, the same thing in apple seeds that makes you sick. they body breaks this chemical down into cyanide in the body, which builds up in your muscles and causes them to hurt.
the current theory for sublingual seed taking is that only the LSA's are able to be absorbed sublingually, while the carcinogenic glisocided are not, i think that it is because that they are not water soluable like the lsa'a.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3247945 - 10/12/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

CYANOGENIC GLYCOSIDES

Did anyone ever consider enzymatic breakdown of them? Many plants posses enzymes to break them down...

Hint Hint!

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: Psiloman]
    #3248408 - 10/12/04 08:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They have cyanide in the outer shell. by picking off the shell you feel fine.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3249109 - 10/12/04 10:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
the current theory for sublingual seed taking is that only the LSA's are able to be absorbed sublingually, while the carcinogenic glisocided are not, i think that it is because that they are not water soluable like the lsa'a.

Well, why is it that when I put the crushed seeds in water, filter the junk out, and then drink the water, I get terribly sick.

Apparently the carcinogenic glisocides(sp?) ARE water soluble.

Anyone have any information here? Is this true? It seems like they are indeed water soluble.

Any more information on what the other guy said? About enzymatic breakdown? I'm not sure what he's talking about, but it sounds good.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3249216 - 10/12/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just pull off the shells or do an a/b extraction.

Offlinesimtap
Stranger
    #5255321 - 02/02/06 03:24 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

No matter how good your cold water extractions are they'll always contain a little crappy stuff, microscopic bits of seed etc. Depending on how sensitive your stomach is your body may rebel against this and want to get rid of it the only way it knows how - by throwing your guts up.

If you've dosed sub-luingal there's absolutely nothing in your stomach so no reason for you to get nauseous.

Offlineheidegger
Stranger

Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: simtap]
    #5258414 - 02/03/06 09:05 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

There is ZERO evidence that there actually are cyanogenic glycosides in these seeds. It is just a myth that has been copy/pasted for too long.

Someone at the Lycaeum recently made a HPLC analysis and identified the potential causative agent, casanthranol. It is a glycoside, but not cyanogenic. Unfortunately, he deleted his posts later on. The information could be found in this thread: http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001154&p=11

This chemical is also used as part of laxative medications, see
http://www.drugs.com/pdr/CASANTHRANOL.html

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
    #18386518 - 06/08/13 06:44 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said:
the lsa does not cause the sickness, there are things that are called carcinogenic glisocided(sp) in the seeds, the same thing in apple seeds that makes you sick. they body breaks this chemical down into cyanide in the body, which builds up in your muscles and causes them to hurt.

There's a book that I think may provide detailed information on what exactly is undesirable in MG seeds. The problem is it's $320.

Solanaceae and Convolvulaceae: Secondary Metabolites: Biosynthesis, Chemotaxonomy, Biological and Economics Significance (a Handbook). 2008. Eckhart Eich. Springer

There are many pages available for free in Google & Amazon's free previews however (an Amazon acct. will give you access to more pages than without)

http://www.amazon.com/Solanaceae-Convolvulaceae-Biosynthesis-Chemotaxonomy-Significance/dp/3540745408/

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZpYtUED_DSsC&pg=PA01

OfflineFerburu
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: Da2ra]
    #18402095 - 06/11/13 11:21 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Eat healthy

OfflineFerburu
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Why would sublingual LSA remove nausea as opposed to drinking a cold water extract? [Re: Ferburu]
    #18402099 - 06/11/13 11:21 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

and wrong forum

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden