Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
cool mist/perlite set up
    #3245970 - 10/12/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I couldn't find the original thread I was posting on, but here's the update on terrarium with perlite and cool mist hooked up to the bottom.

RH is sitting at 95% and the perlite is fairly damp everywhere(I only 1" perlite in there), but no noticeable puddles on the bottom. There is a large amount of air exchange though when it's opened.

I'm was going to push the connecting hose up a bit, but the perlite seems to be getting enough water to work with. But I am going to try a smaller hose to reduce the air flow a bit to allow time for perlite to work a bit more effectively. See if I can get it up to 99%... Out to the shop for me. Wish me luck.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: cool mist/perlite set up [Re: Sam1912]
    #3246221 - 10/12/04 04:22 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what you said sounds fine, good luck :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: cool mist/perlite set up [Re: aussieone]
    #3246412 - 10/12/04 07:59 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

just an update for those who care...

The thinner tubing I got backed up the humidifier so much, that it started to drip on to the floor. So I went out and got a larger one and replace it with 15mmOD 13mm ID. But I lengthen he hose to 4ft. Then I pushed the hose in a bit more and took some perlite out. It's up at 99% now. I've hooked up another rubbermaid to it. I'm pretty sure it'll run both. I'll post an update.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: cool mist/perlite set up [Re: Sam1912]
    #3246427 - 10/12/04 08:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

your doing cakes right??

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: cool mist/perlite set up [Re: aussieone]
    #3246436 - 10/12/04 08:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Mix. I'm doing about 20 cakes and 10 jars worth of casing. I birthed my jars earlier(5 GT jars) and put them on a casing. I'll have to birth 15 jars sometime this week(burma). I wasn't going to case until I had some more experiences, but I had so much time to read and prepare. I have 4 -45L Terrariums now. 2 are running classic PMP with corals, 1 single wanded PMP with corals then there's my perlited PMP I'm using to experiment. And 2 that are going to be using the humidifier. Geez. How did I end up with all these?

Anyways, I'm using 2 Terrariums with GT. I can fit some more cakes in there. I was going to use the 2 single wands for casing. Figure it'd give me a chance to learn to fan and mist. And the 2 now... It's really just an experiment... Maybe i should start grains.

What do you think?

Sam

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation