Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
NOO MY XBOX
    #3235810 - 10/09/04 05:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think my xbox just died. its been long and fruitfull and im not ready for her to go. its no fair. why do they always leave when i need them the most. :sad: lol no but seriously yo i go to play battle front and i hear ::click::: :::click::: :::cLLLICK::
and the green stars flickering red on the xbox. then a message comes up " call microsoft for support. "  If she dead :crying:

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #3235830 - 10/09/04 05:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:frown:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3236228 - 10/09/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Did you call Microsoft for support?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: Phluck]
    #3236349 - 10/09/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have it modded? Maybe some soldering fucked up and you cant read your chip bios, but then if you see a msg that means it read the msg from some device, hd or bios.

So is it modded?

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #3236630 - 10/09/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The whole green -> red thing makes me think that a powersurge or something might have zapped the video memory, but the click click click sounds like maybe a busted DVD-ROM (or possibly hard drive). Which drive do you have?

The Phillips and Thompson drivers are notoriously unreliable. In fact I have a Thompson and it died some time ago, good thing I play all my games off the HD.

learning_byte is right to check for spashes of solder if you modded the box. Other than that I'd also make sure its fan is still working. Worst case you could probably sell it for parts on eBay, then take that money and get a new one for under $100.

I feel your pain man, without my Xbox I don't think I'd ever turn on the TV.

Peace,

-Y

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: ]
    #3236694 - 10/09/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

my xbox is out of warranty its pointless to call microsoft but im going to anyway. no its not modified and the harddrive looks like a thompson. i got it when the first batch came out.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#3241947 - 10/11/04 03:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I had that message when i switch 2 xbox's HDs, so It might be the HD itself, they are lock with a passwd, and the clicking is when the xbox is unable to read the BIOS. If its your BIOS you could just get it modded, and it ll work, but if your HD is fried its impossible to put a new hard drive.

--------------------

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: learning_byte]
    #3242130 - 10/11/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well dont they have mods where you add 120 gig harddrives to your xbox so in that case couldnt i just replace the harddrive? and to change the bios do i need a mod chip?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #3245920 - 10/11/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yea to support large unlocked hard drives you need a modchip and a bios i have heard tales of people putting 160gb drives in there. if your xbox is broken it should show a page like this and have a support code. Check here for all your diy xbox repair needs.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/repairs.htm

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: socratesmind]
    #3246463 - 10/12/04 06:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thanks socratesmind ! if microsoft wont repair it i might just do it my self.

peace.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#3248827 - 10/12/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

U can put a chip, there are tons, the bios is the information inside the chip so you need to put a chip or flash the TSOP chip on your xbox'x motherboard with a new bios using a exploit that is around on the net. BTW you need the info of the hd, to upgrade a bigger HD, newer bioses can now be patched to add LBA48 support so +137gb drives are now possible to be installed on a xbox.

So if you are going to do it yourself, you have to have some basic knowledge in soldering and common sense, the mods for xbox are indeed a lot, and so many ways to do it. SO read man and if you think you can do it yourself do it, if not, check around for repair.

But if you think the way i do, you ll come up with an easier solution. I dont think is wrong since BIll gates is already fucking rich. Go the store buy a new xbox, change the inside of it with the old one you had. Go back to the store return it, there you go. You see your warranty is still working.

If you do that, be careful when you take the stickers out
use a blow drier in low heat, and try to get it out with out damaging it, if you cant or the sticker broke (they are on the holes the screws) get some sticker that looks alike like a bar code or the stocker forma computer part ; ). JUst be cool and smart when you do it.

check mods and guides here
http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #3249931 - 10/12/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Try opening it up and cleaning it. They build up an incredible amount of dust and mine started working again after cleaning.

If that doesn't work turn it on, throw it against a wall and punch the bottom of it untill the light turns green. (also worked)

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: NOO MY XBOX [Re: learning_byte]
    #3250049 - 10/12/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well its working now. my little sister comes to me ands like wheres the game i like to play and im like no its not working and i walk over and its fine like nothing happend. butt if it happens again im going to do what you said and open it up and do a swap. you think it will get back at me if i do? wont it mean they just give me a new one or something. that still would be cool.i know lighter fluid works with the stickers. thanks for the idea.

and yea im prolly gunna open it up and clean it. thanks for the helo guys... oh yea can i back up my hardrive without a mod chip just in case it bugs again?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale