Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Whats going on?
    #3245095 - 10/11/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What am I? from a Universal point of view, I am the Universe....More of an expression on whats going on around me.....Simplified by reality.

Whats my point? To exist, to embrace limitation and find ways around problems......Since I know what I am, I need to slowly make others realize what they are(but why?)....(i dont have time for the inbetween explanation) but will if asked :smile:

Since I know what I am, whats going on, my point.....then whats holding me back? I know i know, im holding myself back....but would it matter if I didnt?
ex:
if i smoke a cigarette at 1:00 and finish it at 1:10 then at 1:15 there is no proof that ever happened.......what was the point in smoking that cigarette? since it never happened?.....The same can be said with life in general.....How can I prove 80 years of existance after im dead? Who will I need to prove it too?.....Lets take the same idea and apply it to when your alive....

I dont know, im confusing myself haha :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Whats going on? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3245115 - 10/11/04 11:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

time is an illlusion, so the passing away of things does not detract from their importance, only makes possible their creation,

like, the intrinsic value of the beauty in a blossoming flower is not lessend by the fact that the next day that flower may be dead. It did its thing. in fact it is the fleetingness of life that makes it so special

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Whats going on? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3245539 - 10/12/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"What am I? from a Universal point of view, I am the Universe....More of an expression on whats going on around me.....Simplified by reality...

if i smoke a cigarette at 1:00 and finish it at 1:10 then at 1:15 there is no proof that ever happened.......what was the point in smoking that cigarette? since it never happened?.....The same can be said with life in general.....How can I prove 80 years of existance after im dead? Who will I need to prove it too?.....Lets take the same idea and apply it to when your alive...."

your answer to your question deals with what you truley are, your essence. your essence never changes, no matter what you go through. At the root of it all, what is it that you use regardless of being awake or asleep.

something to look at...

what about your personality. Even in language you can see itthe personality isn't your essential nature. notice that it's your personality. you know of your personality, your likes and dislikes. you experience the emotion, however you are not the emotion. Look back at 5 years ago. have you changed at all? what you experience molds your personality based on how you handled each situation.

what your essence is can't change. So it can't be your personality.

what you are is concious awareness. it is the part of you that uses your senses and your mind to experience a certain point of view of reality.

to get a better idea of what I mean try this out...

close your eyes for a couple of minutes. still notice your surroundings and see what you "pick up"

go....

what normaly happens is that your mind picks up on the other senses in greater detail. if you close your eyes for long enough, your mind will use hearing and touch much more because your awareness isn't dominated by the input of sight. this is one of the reasons why some meditation is done with the eyes close.

now think of what it would be like in a place devoid of sight and sound. your body would start picking up sensations on your skin that you normally wouldn't feel when you're using sight and sound.

have you ever tripped off of shrooms and had your head completely quiet? it's amazing

How about ego loss? you are still here, you are still experiencing, and it is your concious awareness that will still be around. you may not know "who" you are, but you'll know that you are still here.

dreaming is the same way. your body isn't there in the dream, you still can feel it though. You can still experience it, and your mind can definately jot dreams down in as memory. so it still counts as experience.

so what about your cigg? where's the proof?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Whats going on? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3246503 - 10/12/04 09:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!!!!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Whats going on? [Re: Gomp]
    #3246514 - 10/12/04 09:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx guys i needed some motivation :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology