Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebracclini
Stranger
heating during colonization
    #3244153 - 10/11/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my friend is growing mushrooms in his closet how should he heat the closet? are there any portable options because he doesnt think wires going into his closet will be chill and will only draw suspicion. the jars are slow to colonize it has been over a week since inoculation, and some of the jars still havent shown life yet, and some just started to show life. It is around room temp in his place and he wants to speed up the process by providing optimal temps.

Edited by bracclini (10/11/04 05:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: heating during colonization [Re: bracclini]
    #3244269 - 10/11/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tell your friend that if the wires are drawing suspision that he should ask the people who are suspicious if its cool, otherwise dont try to sneak anything from anybody because this will only cause more problems with those people.

-Maybe your friend can buy a battery operated heating device from Big-5 or Wal-mart. I suggest walking through Wal-mart for anything that can help you. That store has everything!!

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

Offlinebracclini
Stranger
Re: heating during colonization [Re: Leukoism]
    #3244416 - 10/11/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok thanks. the thing is he lives in a dorm so his roommates know but everyone else who comes in doesnt know. he thinks it is better to keep it between friends. thanks for the tip though yeah and even if someone looked in the closet you would never know mushrooms were being grown there :smile: put the jars in container and put that in an old fedex box, and put some shipping supplies on top.

Edited by bracclini (10/11/04 06:30 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: heating during colonization [Re: Leukoism]
    #3244420 - 10/11/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

People being suspicious could be friends coming over to his place. I have my grow contained in 3 closets, all have one cord (one of them extenion 3 plug dealies) going in. The two fruiting chambers have HEPA's sitting in front of them though that hid the cords going into the closet and the other runs with the cable. You can easily make something not noticable using cords to run it into whichever side of your closet you can hide something on. The HEPA's (for "getting rid of smoke") also block the sound from the humidifiers and fans while keeping the air in the rooms they are in (especially right in front of the door) clean. If this is parents your trying to hide from, you might be best to rethink this.

Battery powered heating pads could work (if they exist? I imagine they do) but heating pads in general are dangerous to your jars. You must be carful to not let the jars be against the heating pad directly (wrap it up in many towels) so they do not get too hot and you'll need to use a temp guage to get the temp around 83. I'd just stick them in the warmest place you can find though at room temp..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3244557 - 10/11/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you have a light in your closet then you have power. A light bulb socket can have a screw in plug for an extention cord. You can buy them at almost any hardware.

Oh and remeber this..........When you tell one person you told 10 and you can believe that alot of people know you are growing shrooms in your dorm room. Which by the way isn't to smart.

But goodluck

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: heating during colonization [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3244586 - 10/11/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cultivating in a school zone huh? Well umm...ok thats worse then growing with your parents. Pray you don't get busted..buddy of mine did just selling them..only had a few ounces and got two years probation with drug tests among spending thousands of dollars (around 10,000 amongst what they seized, lawyers and court and probation fees) and comunity service. But cultivation is a more serious offense. That is assuming your talking on campus? Well um anyways, I got one of them light sockets that screws in and lets you put a bulb in but has some plugs on the side too. I'm sure they're available at home depot if you have a socket.

Either way good luck, I'll knock on some wood for you..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebracclini
Stranger
Re: heating during colonization [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3244828 - 10/11/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thank you for your concerns they are well noted by my friend. He has only told his roommate who was in support, and 1 suitemate who is helping him grow, and 1 homeless dude who lives in his living room for free :smile: and 4 who live off campus together and are doing something covert themselves which he is aware of (now your thinking holy shit he has told way to many people). In addition, he isnt known well on campus and isnt looking to be, shrooms are not his way to making friends, they are his way to tripping balls in the forest. No worries, he chooses his friends wisely and only has a handful. I pray he doesnt get busted also. This is his first time growing and enjoys the scientific aspect of it greatly. He doesnt sell drugs and is only growing for personal enjoyment. My conclusion is since noone but the contributers to growing process will be eating these fungi, noone else will know or care. In addition, my friend has a very good reputation on campus among his teachers and if anything does happen he feels there support will pull him through.

Edited by bracclini (10/11/04 08:19 PM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3244873 - 10/11/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Growing in a dorm.Shrooms grew wild at my school.As long as you don't get busted.maybe shrooms will get you laid.

Anyway. Tell one and ten will know. NO SHIT

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale