Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Tacos, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinediscman1
journeyman
So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber..
    #3244726 - 10/11/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cambodian cakes. They were dunked in the fridge in 1:10 H2O2:water for 24 hours. Placed them in sterilized miniature aluminum pie pans with maybe 1/2" moistened, sterilized vermiculite in them. They had grown into the dry vermiculite layer quite a bit, so I just left what was stuck to the cakes there and placed that side up.

Is there anything that I need to do now? Should I gently mist them with 1:10 H2O2 water once a day or anything? My PMP's humidity is around 98%, temp is 72.6?F. Air should be exchanged ~6 times per hour with my 2.8L/min(168L/hr) air pump.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: discman1]
    #3244737 - 10/11/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You should not have put them on dry verm. That will suck moisture out of the cake.

Mist the cakes once a day, untill you see pins.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: Citric]
    #3244925 - 10/11/04 10:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oops, sorry for the confusion.I set the cake on moistened, sterilized(microwave, 10 mins) vermiculite. The reference to dry verm, I was just saying that quite a bit of the dry verm layer from the jar is stuck to the cakes, due to it growing up into it.. I just left it there, and stuck that side upwards.

Will do on the misting.

Offlineseatrip
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: discman1]
    #3245246 - 10/11/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

if your doing cakes not broken up they are mostly comtam proof so you don't need the verm sterilized or the water you mist verm with.bins aren't sterile anyway unless you only open in a super hepa-ed room with suit on.my info's from pf text book cake casing. And its good to use/leave on the that dry verm, mist it of-coarse.  :thumbup:why waist good verm!!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: seatrip]
    #3245449 - 10/12/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

discman, try this next time. You know when you dunk the cake, submerge the dry layer of verm with the cake. Let it soak water. It'll virtually peel itself off when you birth it. Just hold the jar sideways and use a plastic fork(I used sforks from taco bell, free you know) to gently scrape it off.

I suppose you can keep the verm after the dunk, but I think it gives you better sleep at night with freshly sterilized verm on it.

Good luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: Sam1912]
    #3245500 - 10/12/04 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They're not "sforks" damn it! They're SPORKS! SPORKS ROCK!!!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3245557 - 10/12/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, then, I stand corrected. SPORKS it is.  :grin: It's refer to it as spore sporks from now on.

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: So I just dunked, birthed, rolled and placed my cakes in the chamber.. [Re: Sam1912]
    #3245799 - 10/12/04 01:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:
discman, try this next time. You know when you dunk the cake, submerge the dry layer of verm with the cake. Let it soak water. It'll virtually peel itself off when you birth it. Just hold the jar sideways and use a plastic fork(I used sforks from taco bell, free you know) to gently scrape it off.

I suppose you can keep the verm after the dunk, but I think it gives you better sleep at night with freshly sterilized verm on it.

Good luck!

Sam

I dunked in the jars. To give room for the water, I scraped all the verm that was loose off. There is still a layer that was attached due to the mycelium growing up into it, which of course was dunked too.

I took the pic from above, so it really makes it look like they're more coated in vermiculite than they are.

Humidity still recovering from when I put them in there.

*chant* Pin! Pin! Pin!

lol

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3245831 - 10/12/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Good Job!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Tacos, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation