Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

Do any Amanitas have purple spore color? Pic of print included
    #3244718 - 10/11/04 09:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Damn I had a post already to go and then my computer crashed and needed to be restarted. I had a pretty elaborate description layed out but im going to be a lot more brief this time.
Found this shroom in Langley, BC Canada. In a forrested area with a lot of fallen and cut down trees, was actualy looking for pelliculosa. This shroom was found a short distance from a rather large patch of what i suspect were A. Pantherina so I had assumed this was another Amanita species. However, as you will see in the link above the spore print is a dark purple, so I guess I'm wondering do any amanitas have purple spores?

The shroom was definitly growing out of the ground, not on wood, though the ground around the shroom was quite covered in decaying leaves and twigs.

Cap: 2.5 inches in diameter, Almost flat though very slightly raised towards the center, A golden-buttery type of colour, Gills are attatched to apex of stem, greyish-brown in color, close together

Stem: 4.5 inches in length, approx. 1cm in diameter though slightly tapered towards apex and bulbous at base, Lghter than cap, a sort of orangey-yellow color, Scaly in appearnce, more so towards base, Hollow with slightly brittle, fibrous walls, Interesting note on the stem, it had small bit of some gelatinous substance on the bottom of the stem just above where it emerged from the soil, This substance vaguely resembled marmalade

Spore Print: Dark purple as can be seen in the above photo which I have included link for

Odor: Nothing more than a very subtle, earthy aroma

Color of Bruising: None apparent

Im going to have some pics of the shroom up soon just waiting on the arrival of a digi cam. Thanx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Do any Amanitas have purple spore color? Pic of print included [Re: liftedonliberty]
    #3244899 - 10/11/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you probably have a species of Stropharia...

DH

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Do any Amanitas have purple spore color? Pic of print included [Re: liftedonliberty]
    #3245036 - 10/11/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

amanitas have a white spore print

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

Re: Do any Amanitas have purple spore color? Pic of print included [Re: tahoe]
    #3246076 - 10/12/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah i was under that impression as well, but being a newby i always allow for the possibility that i may be mistaken in my assumptions. Thanx guys

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification