Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush
    #3243298 - 10/11/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush of a casing (50/50+) made from 8 half pint BRF cakes. How'd he do and will the second flush be more?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3243313 - 10/11/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, that's about 3.8g/cake. I'd think you should get more from a casing... shouldn't you?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush [Re: Sam1912]
    #3243336 - 10/11/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Don't know. That's why he's asking. It was just the first flush. Maybe he can adjust conditions for a better hit on the second.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3243347 - 10/11/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know... but I've heard that some strains give you bigger second and third flushes.

SAm

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3243384 - 10/11/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Its more like less (since ALMOST an ounce and not quite) then 3.5 grams per cake. An ounce would be exactly 3.5 grams (1/8th) since theres 8 cakes (28 grams is how most measure ounces..we don't usually use "true ounce" weight which is slightly more).

8 cakes should have got you more I'd think but if you only made it into one thick casing (over 1 1/2 inches) you wouldnt get the optimum out of it. 8 1/2 pints is like 2 quarts I think which gets me about 50 grams per flush but thats using rye so I wouldnt expect as much from the cakes. Seems like an ok flush but probably on the low end. If it was me I'd shoot for 30-40 grams from 8 cased 1/2 pints but I've never used 1/2 pints or BRF so take that guess for what its worth.

That said, second flushes on grain are almost always bigger then first flushes. First flushes biggest key is even pinset. Timing is critical and even casing is as well. The pinset after the first flush usually evens itself off nicly though and its easy to get good pinsets for 2nd and 3rd flushes. First flush pinsets and yeilds take practice and even still it seems the general thought is 2nd flush is slightly bigger then first.

Without more info on what you did (details on light, air, water, casing, size of container and layers, timing ect) and pictures it would be hard to tell if you can optimize any better or how you could optimize better.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush [Re: Sam1912]
    #3243386 - 10/11/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Each cake will pump out AROUND just over 10 grams in it life span.

The second flush might be bigger, and the third even bigger then that, but maybe not.

Many cube strians will give bigger flushes on flush # 3 or 2 etc, but its not just a question of genetics, what you do(fan, mist etc) play just as big a role.

So, there is no perfecrt answer for your question, but there is a good chance your second flush will be bigger, but maybe it will be about the same and the thrid flush will be the biggest, you have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure, with 8 cakes in that casing you are in for at least a couple of more flushed(provided you dont get contams)

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3243446 - 10/11/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

At 10g per cake in it's lifespan and a first flush of 3.3 with 2 more good flushes due and some others as well it's seems like the consensus is he did OK and this is about normal??

--------------------

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida USA
    #3244044 - 10/11/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My first grow was recent, I had 6 half pint PF cakes and got about 2 dried ounces from them. I cut the cakes vertically in half, then dunked and cold shocked them before putting them into a geolite pmp.
The first 3 flushes were nice, but the 4th going on now is just a few pretty big shrooms.
I have my first casing going too, looks like it is gonna be a good one! I used 3 cakes in a 10" round glass pan using vermiculite and coco choir. will post pics of it tomorrow or the next day!

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: So my friend got almost an ounce dry on the first flush [Re: nu2mycology]
    #3244085 - 10/11/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thats almost 10g per cake and thats in cake form. I think a cased cake would yeild more like 12-14 grams over 3 (especially 4) flushes if done right then..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix