Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
What is the darkness?
    #3242715 - 10/11/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was asked this question in PM's related to light/dark soul integration, becoming whole and healing. This question comes up a lot in PM's so I thought to cop and paste my answer for those "feeling in the dark about it" ha ha and so that others here can give their personal perspective on it to round it out better.

"what is the darkness?" here's how I know it and remember in this application its important to understand that everything out there is a reflection of whats going on within that is un recognised by the self-this can be good things to. That is also another tool for easing the fear, when you personalize it as its meant to be because you are in control of you. We tend to fear what we feel we have no control over, but not what we do. This has a lot to do with coming into your personal and creative power and responce-ability.

The darkness can be thought of as the yet unknown or misunderstood about the self. This is ussually what we deny, reject, ignore or fail to forgive, allow or accept about the self. This is where the expression, facing your demons comes from. Your demons are those aspects or what is also called fragments as in, the parts of you that you cut away through rejection, denial, ignorance, hate, condemnation of being bad or wrong, not good enough, too good, in a dissallowing, unforivable or unaccepting way.

Now if you keep in mind that the core of the full wholistic self realisation is your love and light/intelligence, you'll always find where that was believed to be lacking in those fragments, "the inner darkness". Use the reflections of the darkness you see out there as a tool for realising, what is yet to be known and healed with love, aceptance, understanding, and forgiveness within.

I look at the darkness as simply the place where light/awareness has not yet come into. Ya gota go into it with love, with your heart light on and look to see where the lack of it is, the false beleifs and heal them.

I'm not that good at elucidating understandings well so I hope others can add to this or make these understandings more clear and applicable.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3242766 - 10/11/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I forgot to add something REALLY important here. Because the unknown, gives rise to fear, we tend to think of the unknown/darkness "what we havn't yet shed light on to see, know and understand as a facet of the whole self" we tend to think of it as being something bad, negative or wrong-just because of the fear.

This is key to know. The unknown of the soul or spirit aspects of the self or others, be it in the physical, trip time or dream time can also be what one has held above the self or as being superior to the self or to good for the self as in better then.

These positive aspects can also be unrecognised in the self because of rejection and denial. You can lump them into the darkness. The neat thing is, they may be dark areas within you or to you, but they are positive and hense, are easier to acept without fear.

It's not just the stuff we have condemned below us, but its the stuff we have set a part from us above us as well.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3242797 - 10/11/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What is the darkness?
the absence of light..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: Gomp]
    #3242817 - 10/11/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What if the darkness is just light we havn't openned up to seeing within yet?

I wrote this elsewhere. What if "spiritual darkness" is just light vibrating to quickly for our inner ability to perciive or see? Hense, this is what has kept it unknown and feared to us.

I lke wondering about that.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3242862 - 10/11/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What if its just the absense of inner light "mental and emotional awareness and understanding" shed on what has always been there?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3243010 - 10/11/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes, have thought off that, when you imagine a appel, how can you see it? is it lit in your mind? whers the light source, (you are lying in a dark room) :P got somthing from nothing? hehe im confused

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3243020 - 10/11/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
What is the darkness?
the absence of light..

You beat me to it.  :grin:

Sorry, Jig, but I don't understand the issue, I guess.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: Frog]
    #3243053 - 10/11/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

he he,

Here we are not speaking of light from the sun or a light bulb. We are speaking of spiritual light and spiritual darkness.

People encounter what they call "dark" entities during trip time or dream time and sometimes is waking life like Hitler.

This is all being applied to that sort of darkness and lightness

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3243075 - 10/11/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

when pondering the darkness:

if my brain is the map of the cosmos, the darkness is just places i have yet to explore.

it doesnt matter if your path is different on the map, because we all have the same map.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: What is the darkness? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3243140 - 10/11/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What if you look at it this way, were is the light coming out of, YOU, were is the darkness coming out of? YOU......its you, so why fear yourself? thats stupid :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3243183 - 10/11/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That was a nice summary White russian. That sums up how i deal with fear related to spiritual darkness.
Yours too Tod, about the darkness just being places we havn't explored yet.

Keep adding everyone. Transcending fear of the 'darkness" is a hot topic on many peoples personal private plates these days. I think it helps to bring it out in the open and into the light ha ha.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3243273 - 10/11/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

From the simplist dualistic approach to the entirity of the one being, there is light and dark (used exclusively as metaphors, gomp :wink:)

The light is awareness, and the darkness is the lack of awareness that in turn creates a seperation from the light. Now this is subjectively speaking, as on the objective singular (non-dual) level, the single being is completely aware of itself and is a nonchanging all encompassing entity. The great being is fragmented into subjective outlets of light (consciousness) that in turn interact amongst eachother, perceptually in linear time transition, to create the solitary NOW of pure self-awareness (God).

Light and dark then refer only to the subjective awareness of these God fragments. The goal of every fragment is to in turn shed away all illusionary darkness and reunite with the source of all light, to become completely aware of itself and it's source, which in turn, becomes itself. Now, darkness is not an actual force, but like Gomp hinted at :wink:, it's a lack of force - of the pure awareness of light.

So if the solitary being is completely void of darkness, where does darkness arise within its fragmented subjective points? It's illusionary. We are truly connected to ourselves (as in, we are all the same person connected to the sum of all experiences) and in turn we have complete access to the infinite map of light. The darkness resides within ourselves (as jiggy said), and really then, the darkness is the difference between the Godhead and the subjective god fragment (us). By properly aligning ourselves, we realize we are God, and that we are the light. The darkness itself is an illusion composed of light.

Or something like that.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: deff]
    #3243296 - 10/11/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Way cool addition deff! I use to explain it in a similiar. It helps to have it explained in a lot of ways because people relate to different stuff better and more can get more from this thread.
Please keep adding everyone. This is all good stuff!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3243378 - 10/11/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Okay.  I understand now.  Carry on.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3244107 - 10/11/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"That was a nice summary White russian. That sums up how i deal with fear related to spiritual darkness."

sorry i hijaked your thread jiggy, but add your view on it, since my explanation isnt that great, your a much better writer then I am :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3244865 - 10/11/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you didn't hijack it at all. I aksed for everyones take on what spiritual darkness is to broaden and round out understandings for everyones use.

You summed uped the fear stuff related to it. The external darkness reflected back at you is actually your own. When feeling afraid, the thing to do is to quickly realise this and then realise, that it makes no sense to be afraid of yourself, because, you are in control of yourself. Once this understanding about spiritual darkness clicks, fear related to it isn't an issue anymore.

I'm a crappy writer. I like when people clarify my stuff. :tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3246964 - 10/12/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

From what i understood, darkness is what has not yet been realized/recognized by awareness(light).
But from what i remember shroomsism saying, there can be entities residing in the realm of darkness, and they "fight" the invasion of light, or something like that.

So is it because we give power to darkness that it can in turn bring fear in us?
And also, once all of existence will be aware of itself, what will happen? End of the universe?

I dunno, i'm confused

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3247010 - 10/12/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

darkness is receiving...
i got many thought on this, but ain't gonna type it.. hehe
"What I tell you is darkness, what you speak is the light"
-unknown

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3247060 - 10/12/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Real quick on this, when you fear something, you channel your power to it. The only added power any entity has over you is what you give it of your own through fear or idol worship. (I'm not talking about brawn power but chi type power)

Spiritually speaking, power is also equated. Thats why power mongers like to use fear, they can suck up a lot of your own power to use it against you. Thats why I did that post on "our power".

They don't fight light as much as they resist love. They are the soul aspects who feel unworthy of being love and loved. They are the ones who are stuck in programming of feeling abandoned by source creator and beleive its because they were unworthy of being loved. They grew into anger or rage and set them out on destructive rampages or it grew into dreppression, those are the mellow dark spirits with bad attitudes.

In my understanding and experience, our soul fragments are coming back home to the heart for reintegration and they are popping out of the wood work in a myriad of ways these days. They know its time and are more willing then you realise. Here is their biggest concern and take note.

They want to know if feeling your love and warmth will hurt. Turns the tables around doesn't it?

As for what will happen when we return to wholeness and achieve responce-able soverignity as self aware individuations of the one? The Universe won't end, it will just take on a new way of being and it'll rock!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3247510 - 10/12/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

mmmm...
i betcha dr. carl jung might've had a few words to say about the psychospiritual significance of darkness...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: What is the darkness? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3247605 - 10/12/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Light and dark are different aspects of our nature that should be balenced. Neither is better than the other, both are valuable, but one must strike a balence to maintain proper sanity.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3247646 - 10/12/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes!

Balance is key for mental and emotional stability. If you put light beings above you in idol worship and the dark beings beneath you in fear and discust they will both feed on that energy until you figure it out.

Neither is greater or lessor then you. Each represent a facet of the self denied through polarity judgments. Their value in existance is to teach you that, to get you to see and accept both aspects within.

Doesn't mean you take them in possesion style. The ones external of you are just symbolic of the energy within being denied out of feeling not good enough or to good for.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3247813 - 10/12/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

monopoly

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3247822 - 10/12/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hm...

I'll have to meditate on that one...

:smile:

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3247851 - 10/12/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

a band reminiscent of the 80's  :smile2:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is the darkness? [Re: Locus]
    #3248153 - 10/12/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Locus said:
a band reminiscent of the 80's  :smile2:

Thats funny, though Ozzy is still kicken it.

Monopoly? As in realstate, as in our body property values? Leave me guessing what you meant! :confused: LOL

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3248204 - 10/12/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

anything that absorb, eventually gets dark? (just a thought)((i see it might be)) so just ignore it if you can :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3248229 - 10/12/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's a good point relative to imbalance. If the dark receives and the light gives and if you fall out of balance and only take without giving, you may end up proverbially "dark".

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3248270 - 10/12/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dark receives and the light gives
haha, i did not get what i was typing, haha now i kinda got a perspective on how shadows work, that i have not seen before :wink: thank you!

edit* I'm talking spiritually to..  newer seen the shadow people? h?h? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/12/04 05:35 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3248609 - 10/12/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hoarding the light in turn creates the display of darkness

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom