Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Grow shrooms without spores-Tek
    #3241957 - 10/11/04 04:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

-False information this does not work, only creates mold and contams. Do not try this at home!!- Leukoism
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have experimented with this and it does work, though I could have just gotten lucky. This involves the basic PF-Tek method with two additions.

The substrate that you will be using is vermiculite, WWF (whole wheat flour), don?t know if it makes a difference but its all I had at the time. And manure or straight cow shit.

The usual amount used in the PF-tek is 140ml of verm, 40ml of BRF. But instead of 40ml of BRF make it WWF and spit it in half. So now its 20ml of WWF and 20ml of manure. If you are using cow shit powderize it so its not chunky.

Follow the normal PF-tek. Put water in verm, add WWF and manure, pressure cook, incubate etc. But with this tek there is no spores involved! Do not add any spores. Once done PCing set it in an incubator and let it sit.

This method does take a little longer than normal than the PF-tek since there aren?t any spores added. They must occur naturally through natures decomposing ways.

I don?t know how this worked but it could be beneficial to people who cant get spores through venders, such as people in California!! They could get started with this to give them a mushroom to work with.

My jar is about 90% colonized and it is white cottony mycelium, I?m sure it is because the jars were sealed with tape before/after PCing them. So there couldn?t have been any chance of contam or loose mush spores entering through the top. I did still poke four holes in the lid and place tape over them so the jar wouldn?t explode in the PC.

Give this a try I don?t know if it will work for anybody else but it couldn?t hurt. please post any comments on how you think this could have worked.

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

Edited by Leukoism (10/12/04 01:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Leukoism]
    #3241963 - 10/11/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, congratulation. I do think you got lucky though. I don't see how anything survived a proper PC. But as long as it works.

Many monster shroomie wishies for ya!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleCharles
I eat bugs.
Male
Loc: NE Arkansas
    #3241964 - 10/11/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Stay tuned for next weeks installment; Laying eggs without a chicken.

Maybe there were spores on the manure, but how they survived the pressure cooking is anyone's guess. It's far more likely to be a contam.

Edited by Charles (10/11/04 04:15 AM)

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Charles]
    #3241969 - 10/11/04 04:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mushrooms are known to grow on things that are decomposing, so maybe the manure in the jar decomposed and started growing mycelium. I have no clue how this worked but it definatly looks like healthy white mycelium.

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

InvisibleCharles
I eat bugs.
Male
Loc: NE Arkansas
    #3241972 - 10/11/04 04:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Trust me, you did not just magic up the spontaneous creation of life.

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Charles]
    #3241975 - 10/11/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One will never know...

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3241977 - 10/11/04 04:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Grow it and let us know how it goes.
I highly doubt that you'll end up with poisonous mushrooms that look like cubes or other psilocybin shroomies.

Many monster mushie wishies.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Edited by Sam1912 (10/11/04 06:28 AM)

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #3241978 - 10/11/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

with no spores?!?! i just fell of my chair!!

Edited by Hamurabi (10/11/04 04:32 AM)

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3241987 - 10/11/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

somones bullshiting!

--------------------

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: aussieone]
    #3241991 - 10/11/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Try it and see, I could have done somthing to trigger the growth. But i'm not sure what.

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3241993 - 10/11/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Leukoism said:
Mushrooms are known to grow on things that are decomposing, so maybe the manure in the jar decomposed and started growing mycelium. I have no clue how this worked but it definatly looks like healthy white mycelium.

Ummm... lol...

There is no life form on this planet that can spontaneously generate itself from.. nothing. That includes mycelium.

If you properly pressure cooked, there should be nothing alive in the jars. Without microbes, decomposition does not happen in the first place.. thereby relegating your theory to the compost heap. :wink:

I'm calling shenanigans on this post. Pics?

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: discman1]
    #3241994 - 10/11/04 04:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I bought a webcam yesterday, it should arrive in a week or so. I'll do an update to prove this to you.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3241996 - 10/11/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would try, but few problems... I don't have PC, I don't like to touch poo, no space in the incubator... and oh yeah. THERE ARE NO COWS ON THIS DAMN ISLAND!!!

So, sorry. But I am open minded about it. Doesn't mean, I don't highly doubt it. I just pulling for ya that it is indeed the right kind.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Sam1912]
    #3241999 - 10/11/04 04:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am making another jar to see if I can get the same outcome. Maybe I should PC longer?

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3242003 - 10/11/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

no, try to duplicate everything.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Grow shrooms without spores-Tek [Re: Sam1912]
    #3242013 - 10/11/04 05:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, will do!

--------------------

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
    #3242027 - 10/11/04 05:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

even if it did work there would be no guarantees that it would be a magic mushroom

--------------------

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

#3242036 - 10/11/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

But it came from cow manure, it should be. The chemiclals that are in the manure create certin mushrooms. Each mushroom in nature likes to grow on different things. And mushrooms growing on manure or cow shit are usually psilocybin involved. besides panaeolus, and those are active too.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3242037 - 10/11/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's always good to experiment. You can send in a sample to a lab for analysis of alkaloid content afterwards. Maybe it's a mutation of cubie that's more resiliant. or maybe not. But it's only a jar or two. It's worth a second look if it looks like a mycelium, IMHO.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #3242038 - 10/11/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ROFLMMFAO=HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There is no way in hell you have mushrooms growing in that jar after you pc';d them!
You have green mold or some other contam.
It is not possible for spores to survive 250'f+ at 15 psi for one hour.NO WAY SHAPE FORM OR FASHION.
LMAO

Thermal death occurs at 106'f=they die my homie!

I'm sorry but this is the funniest shit I have ever heared here at the shroomery,lol.

Throw those jars away before you make yourself sick by growing contams.

I'm sorry if I don't believe you,but I know its not possible!
I love this=its good,lol,keep me updated,lol, on your contam grow.
Hey they come in different colors too.They start out bright white and then colors appear=green,yellow,pink.

The Newbie Shroom Tek,lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order