Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
First trip: My first report and a few questions
    #3240685 - 10/10/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This past Friday I finally got the chance to try shrooms. About 2-3 hours before eating them I had 2 cookies and Pepsi. At 8 PM I took about 2 grams of dry shrooms, washing them down with Gatorade, around a campfire with a bunch of friends. Only me and 1 other friend were tripping out of the 10 or so that were there with us.  Luckily I have cool friends who create a very friendly environment and didn?t try to fuck with me.

The shrooms started taking effect around 8:30. Although I had smoked several times earlier (vaporizer for about an hour and shared 5 or 6 bowls...all dank), I could definitely feel a huge boost in my high.  I basically felt extremely stoned, and things seemed to happen in frames.  After the original come-up I felt no other effects, no peak that I could really notice, and no real visuals, although I was hearing things every once in a while.  The biggest effect of the shrooms that I noticed was the fact that I could not understand anything that was going on.

I remember saying over 20 times that I couldn't understand anything anyone said to me and everything going on around me, I?m guessing I was stuck in a thought loop.  I also realized that I was happier than I had ever been in my life, and I kept wondering how anyone could have a bad trip...it just seemed impossible to me because I was so incredibly happy and carefree.

Although these effects were great, I really missed out on the visuals.  I'm not sure if I was looking too hard for them or what, but my friends had told me earlier that they took the same shrooms, 1/2 8th each, and got amazing visuals. That was also the case for my friend who was tripping with me. (On a side note: I?m about 5?10? and 180 Lbs, while my friends who also ate them are all about 5? and 110 Lbs.) The lack of visuals was a big disappointment for me, but in no way ruined my trip.  The last thing I noticed was how fast time went.  I was thinking so much the entire time that the whole 5 hours of the trip flew by, which in my opinion was another disappointment.

I did realize that even though I was listening to music, I never really closed my eyes; the fire was too much fun to watch and the thought of closing my eyes never crossed my mind.  I?m thinking now that that was one of the reasons the visuals never hit me hard.

I'm hoping to get another 8th of these soon and try the full 8th alone, although I've been thinking that being with friends would be much more fun.  Are there any ways to improve visuals or be more prepared for the trip?  Would you recommend splitting an 8th with a friend for a good trip or should I take the whole thing and lie down in the dark? Remember this will only be my second trip. Also, what exactly does smoking do for a trip? If I don't smoke beforehand, will my trip be significantly different?

P.S. Shrooms don't taste bad, especially when you have hardcore munchies and some Gatorade. :stoned: :smirk: :mushroom2:

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBooMan
Stranger
Re: First trip: My first report and a few questions [Re: blkhole]
    #3240755 - 10/10/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

bro I think u just smoked too much dank. When I shroom and smoke the weed makes me just brain dead, it makes u not have those crazy tripped out thoughts and loops and just not get all confused, I just get baked and get frames like u said....peace

OfflineWannasub
Stranger
Loc: South Australia
Re: First trip: My first report and a few questions [Re: BooMan]
    #3246604 - 10/12/04 10:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I personally think that pot smoked during the peak of the trip is an unforgettable experience, detaching me from normal reality immensly. I cannot comment however on smokng before the peak. I have smoked pot on LSD several times. I cannot say whether it is the same for shrooms, but if I smoked on LSD before the peak, it delayed the onset greatly; on the peak it increased the effects.

Your lack of visuals may have something to do with being in a darker environment?? I think that being around lights make things more easily noticed in terms of visual hallucinations.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience