Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBokus
Ninja

Self/Mental Awakness
    #3239531 - 10/10/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, Currently I am 18. And for the past 3 years its almost hard to describe what ive been encountering. I feel dead every day, I mean im happy, im active etc. But my mental out look is well mudane. I feel suffocated in the area I live. Nothing ever is exciting or thrills me anymore. What I do when i hang out with my friends, people call "crazy" when i think its typical stuff. Almost fun but I dont have the old fun feel to it anymore if that makes sense. Everday I wake up, I sit with my eye's closed fully awake. Wondering if i will wake up from this state of mind. But I dont. And I know for a fact im not depressed because I know what depression feels like, I've encoutered it maybe 11 times in my life. * I stay clear of drama*. And Durning a shroom trip with a friend I was wondering if my self awarness is maybe in a coma or not kickstarted. I dont feel mentally awake at all. So if the case is im not mentally awaken. How do I awake my self? Will it come to me one day when I find something worth wild to live for, that gets me up in the mourning. Some sort of epiphinany I get from a disclosed source to me right now?.........Or my final option which i've been debating for some time, should I take LSD to awake my inner mind that has fallen asleep? I keep hearing trip stories of people knowing what they want in life after the trip. Which is the last option I would feel like doing. But if it becomes priority if nothing else works I will. Any suggestions will be appreciated as to awaking my mind/self.

Edited by Bokus (10/10/04 08:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: Bokus]
    #3239708 - 10/10/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It seems you are amongst those who are spiritually unconscious. You have identified yourself with the mind and ego which are bound by the illusion of time and elusive of the eternal Now. Only in the Here-Now, will you truly experience joy, peace and love emanating from within. As long as you are run and controlled by your mind, you will hardly, if at all, experience such heightened consciousness...and will continue to operate under egoic unconsciousness. For most people, it usually takes a limit-situation, i.e., a circumstance so intense, severe that it melts away the ego, as "your world" doesn't make sense any more. This also occurs when people have deeply intense hallucinogenic trips, which cracks the tough shell of the ego open, and forces being into the timeless Now. This heightened intense-present-moment awareness can also be experienced in danger-inducing activities such as car racing, skydiving, etc...

Durning a shroom trip with a friend I was wondering if my self awarness is maybe in a coma or not kickstarted.

You're on the right track... :wink:

As long as you never become present, fully awake and conscious to this very One-moment, The Now.. which is all there ever is.. you will forever be blind and unstill, spiritually speaking.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Loc: Wide open space
    #3239713 - 10/10/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I?m no expert, but from my own experience I?d say you are aware.
Maybe not awakened, but aware and that`s great.
No, I`m not making fun of you, not at all.
I know your life situation looks like a dead end; it seems to be a common experience especially at that age.
What can I say..I think it`s good that you are aware even though it feels like hell.
It`s going to be alright or in fact it is alright already.
How can that be ? I don`t know.
But somehow it seems to be part of the process.
Just hang in there. It is O.K. It`s not your fault or anything.
You`re doing fine.

About the acid: I wouldn`t take it, at least not in this state of mind. That might make a temporary hell a permanent one.
Just live through this. And yes, it is going to change; life takes care of it.

Sorry, if this doesn`t make much sense and if it`s quite incoherrent.
I know what you`re talking about, because I`ve been there too.
EVERYTHING IS AS IT`S SUPPOSED TO BE. There are no mistakes.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3239721 - 10/10/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hope a mod doesn't read this thread Bokus. 17? that's grounds for a ban

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3239944 - 10/10/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

to awaken your mind/self, you must awaking your mind/self.
yes, you are dead, that is how we live..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineBokus
Ninja

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: Gomp]
    #3240101 - 10/10/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Skorp and Trinity thanks alot, I've connected alot with your 2 posts, and the advice helped alot.

Edited by Bokus (10/10/04 08:38 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3240123 - 10/10/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

To start with you are just a kid. Being spiritually aware will come with life experience. Get out there and engage yourself with life. Quit hanging out with unmotivated stoner friends with no ambition. A negative attitude in a young person usually reflects the attitude of their friends. Leave the drugs alone for a year or two. Get out and experience life. Climb a mountain, sky dive, or fall in love. When you are ready for it the spirit will come.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3240201 - 10/10/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Chill out Huehue, age has nothing to do with anything, im 18 so what?, maybe he has already seen alot, you never know :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3240225 - 10/10/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm 40. I have been 18 and everything in between...it makes a difference. You don't know what your saying because your only 18 with an 18 year old perspective.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Self/Mental Awakness *DELETED* [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3240325 - 10/10/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Moonshoe

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3240340 - 10/10/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"your smart and have been around for a long time"

Long time? 17 is just a drop in the bucket. Life doesn't even get going real good until at least 25.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3240362 - 10/10/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Will it come to me one day when I find something worth wild to live for, that gets me up in the mourning. "

living is worth living for. don't depend on reality for your happiness, instead be happy with reality.

and I'm sorry but I'm going to have to get you banned for being 17. no hard feelings man it's just the site rules

come back in nov dude!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3240367 - 10/10/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hes not 17, hes 18, said so himself.

and on your topic, i know 45 year olds who have had less of a life than some 17 year olds i know. You can easily live to 100 and never know what it is to live. And as for life not getting going good until 25, your experience is one example, not a rule or law.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (10/11/04 11:18 AM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: kaiowas]
    #3240518 - 10/10/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"don't depend on reality for your happiness, instead be happy with reality"

Very well put.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3240531 - 10/10/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"They dont care how long hes been here or how good his posts are, they will ban him when they see his age"

Yes, and they should. The site has rules. 17 is too young to be messed up in drugs with a negative attitude.

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3240553 - 10/10/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wow, enought with the ego. For my age, I've seen more then most 30 year olds, that lived in the same place all their lives. Please dont stereotype :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3240558 - 10/10/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Meh.
you're just bored with your surroundings.
I'm pretty sure of it, I was once upon a time in a similar circumstance.
I think they call it wanderlust :wink:

which when it comes down to it is the normal thing for someone anywhere from a few years before to a few years after 20.  That's, roughly, when you stop growing.. basically physically you're an adult.  Pretty sure we've got some instincts in us that when we're about that age, as adult human males, that we're supposed to.. go out!  explore!  face danger!  fornicate like the devil and make more lil bastards!..  but don't do it at home!

Meh yeah.  I wouldn't worry about it.  It'll come to an end.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3240582 - 10/10/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Whiterussian: Check this out. 18 years is 12 years less than 30. There is no way you could have seen "more"(more of what?)than a 30 year old...do the math.

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3240647 - 10/10/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

understanding your place in reality.........i can say that because I've lived within different cultures and understand their ways, unlike most people who only see it one way (their culture/their way), the difference between my 18 year old perspective, and a singlecultural 30 year old perspective is that I can accapt new information better, since Im not locked into a one-dimentional point of view. Obviously a 30 year old will have more experience in THEIR social interaction within their culture, but multicultural individuals have that advantage in all of them, thus giving them an overall advantage in accepting new ideas.

w/e i dont care, your right :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Self/Mental Awakness [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3242634 - 10/11/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Whiterussian: Check this out. 18 years is 12 years less than 30. There is no way you could have seen "more"(more of what?)than a 30 year old...do the math. "

wrong. If you spend 30 years following more or less the same routine, living in the same house, taking the same route to work, working the same job with the same people, etc then you will have far less experience/diversity/richness of life than say a 17 year old who has traveld to a few countries, tried some psychadelics, lived fast and loved hard, etc.

Life is about more than length it is also about intensity and richness.

i quite literally know 40 year olds who go to work, come home, sit on the couch, and watch tv until they fall asleep.

In my oppinion the age of those people is irelevant as no matter how many years they live they dont grow or experience life beyond home work and tv.

I know a 17 year old kid who has been to peru, costa rica, india, thailand, mexica, guatemala, he can speak fluent spanish, has done every psychadelic and drug in the books, met thousands of fascinating people, made love to numerous women, and just generally had a very full life.

Who has 'seen more' this kid or the airport mechanic who vegetates on his couch all day every day for the last 20 years?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order