Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid
    #3237131 - 10/09/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hi there, just thought i'd share this idea i had a while ago (like 3 years ago).

i was just reading a post mentioning gnostism and i've seen a bunch of posts talking about temporarily getting back to the source and all that.
back when i used to trip on acid i got the impression that if everyone could experiance that things would be differnt, i was wondering how to present the feeling to other poeple (misguided i know, that was back in the day). when i tried playing with this idea and looking closely at poeple i realised the source and full gnostic knowledge was already in them, it was just shadowed by what poeple here often call the ego (within this context).

i also seemed to observe that this ego barrier is fully intentional, and in fact if drained of energy or not consciously maintained there is no where else to go but into a gnostic state of understanding.

so why would poeple intentionally keep these barriers up when its easier and just overall nicer feeling to just give up the ghost so to speak?

for the past couple of years i've come to the conclusion that we already come from the source, we already know it. its our past, not our future. currently i believe our ego barriers (Including the ones coming from having an animal body) are the focus of our evolutionary path. rather than doing away with them to get back to where its at, i believe the refinement, restructuring and expansion of this personalizing, separation from god is k3y.

all of us already know where god is and what its about, what we don't know is how far we as individuals can go.

so to get on the topic of the subject at the top, i also believe that to a degree poeple who seek spiritual fufillment are in fact giving up on being the roughest toughtest wisest longest lasting individual they can be. just fuck it and let down the barriers and go back to where you came from.

i'm not sure if i'm being clear and concise, so if anyone responds i'll make it clearer as i in turn respond.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3237156 - 10/09/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thats what my blahblahblahblah thread was about.....were just walking circles, lets just walk forward :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3237169 - 10/09/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tho spirituallity doesnt make you stupid, it teaches you things....but once you've learned them all, theres no need for it

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3237174 - 10/09/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it could however make you stubborn or closed minded. roman catholic church. i fnd them very closed minded and so many things i dissagree with. i wouldnt say stupid, but certainly not accepting or open minded.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: kadakuda]
    #3237672 - 10/09/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"it could however make you stubborn or closed minded. roman catholic church. i fnd them very closed minded"

Maybe the lack of understanding is with you.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3237812 - 10/09/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to reply with a different take on this. I think the idea for this post is funny too.

I think spirituality brightens your lights in some areas while it dims it in others.

Where it brightens things up is obvious, but where it dims is where the stupidity labels come flying at you.

For example, I raise my daughter to be non competitive with others and to only compete with her own best. (We are one, competition to me is duality games and I don't like the idea of our children being called loosers because of "competition)I like the idea of children being taught to work in co-operative efforts at a goal that benefits the group as a whole leading to win wins.

My family thinks it's stupid to raise her that way because we live in a competitive world. My comment to them is that we always will unless people take action to change that. A lot of public schools are! He he.

I raised her to not hit back, but to love back. Again, many think it's stupid because they beleive she will not gain peoples respect if she doesn't hit back.

I started getting real with myself as the spiritual life brightened and became obliviously honest. Boy oh boy has my honesty at times been stupid relative to the ways of the world. It's gotten me into a lot of pickles and made some situations more difficult then if I would've kept my mouth shut. After all, not saying anything when not asked, is not telling lies.

I could go on, but you get the idea. So, by the current standards of the popular ways of getting ahead in american society, my spiritual philosophies have been rendered stupid in action by popular society.

You can't take the materilizations with you. I'd rather depart with a conscious that is at peace with itself.

The short answer to your question is, I think its relavant to who is making the judgement and why. This was fun to consider!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3237840 - 10/09/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I should've summed the above by saying, "the ways of spirit look stupid to people who are living in the ways of the dulaistic material world."

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3238188 - 10/10/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

probably is me. just going by the few i know. its jsut different i guess. only marrying inside your religion, real anti drug, and jsut mainly what certian people in the church have doen in history (mainly that of indian opression in some places. very limited info on it was many years ago i took classes on it. so thats pretty ignorant of me).

anyway im not against them i just dont agree with believign in what they do (god and the all loving) and being so seemingly non freedom at the same time. but if thats what people choose, great for them. obviously fits some peoples needs.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3238547 - 10/10/04 05:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well - some of us are drawn to spiritual pursuits in order to explain the world, we are convinced that a philosophical scheme exists that will be verbally transferable to others (like a religion), and which will correct life's ills.

the attraction is good - you know "heart in the right place" "mind engaged" etc.

once immersed, however, in an attempt to explain things, a few idiotic rules and principles can emerge that will make fools of aspiring spiritual questors when used to explain events that are outside of scope of the "realizations" or insights that have been experienced.

those rules may contain poetic souvenirs of ecstatic insight, but one really must learn to let go, to proceed without need of explaining, and to make way on the path openly, i.e. without the baggage of being too wise, "like a child".

we already know that each unique moment of life is only partially describable, and to re-attain ecstatic union with the moment, the "explainer" part of consciousness has to be dropped.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3238695 - 10/10/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Judging a whole people because you disagree with various points in their religion IS being closed minded. I disagree with much Catholic doctrine, BUT I don't have to be a Catholic. My Uncle is a Catholic, though, and he is a good guy. All religions have their place in their various cultural contexts. I am not going to become a Muslim, but I know a teacher at the nearby college who is one, and he is a respectable and very intelligent person who adheres to a high moral standard. Being different is the true gift of humanity. Diversity ensures survival.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3238714 - 10/10/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hehe, i alswo see the world, not as growin in and finding, but growing out and "serching" :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3239195 - 10/10/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

oh i agree with you. i have no problem really with the people at all. what im saying is in relation to the title "spirituality makes you stupid". im just saying i think that some religions/beliefs make some stubborn to other ideas. not stupid. but i am only speakign of the actuall individuals i know, i never talk about a whole as i dont know a whole.

i think redgreenvines is explaining what i mean way better.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3239961 - 10/10/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

beliefs make some stubborn to other ideas
--

woord :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: dumb idea: spirituality makes you stupid [Re: Gomp]
    #3240400 - 10/10/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good post buddy your close to the truth. We have all been to the source, the source is our past (thats why its the source, its where we come from) but it is also our future, it is where we are going.

Think of it as breathing. The inhalation is both the past and future of the exhalation. When you find yourself in one state, you know you are on your way to the other. Seperation is nescessary so that we can experience unity, unity is needed so that we can experience seperation. Just as their is no up without down, etc...

Spirituality doesnt make you stupid. Spirituality is just conciously realizing the principles that were always there, weather you were aware of it or not.

If you realize it tho, you can conciously take advantage of it in this life.

Gnostiscism is not discovering the truth, it is REMEMBERING the truth, of what we are, where we came from and where we are going.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3240429 - 10/10/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wouldn't everyone's path be different?

"all of us already know where god is and what its about, what we don't know is how far we as individuals can go."

I don't know what god is what what it's all about.  and even though I won't get answers, that isn't what I really seek. discussing things like this bring back the awe in existence, something more of could use to help ourselves become better people  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck