Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Theory of Past Awareness
    #3239269 - 10/10/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in my 2nd year of college and am double-majoring in English and Philosophy. A few weeks ago in one my classes I was given the assignment of postulating my own theory. I figured what better way to come up with a theory than to do so while on shrooms (and a little pot)? So I smoked a few bowls with a friend and we each took about 2.5 grams. I figured being with a friend would spark some enlightened conversation and potentially lead to a theory. The end result is what I call the Theory of Past Awareness.

The theory actually came about after I took the mushrooms. I thought, for some reason, that it was harder for me to swallow after I took the shrooms. That immediately made me think that I might have been allergic to them or something. I immediately thought of "anaphylactic shock." A few minutes later, I thought my palms were itchy. I began to feel like I was exhibiting some of the symptoms of AS. I began talking with my friend and I told him about how I was feeling and I said, "I think that if I didn't even know about the term 'anaphylactic shock' then there would no way that I would have categorized it as such." I started to think about what I learned in English class...One of the first signs of an oppressive government is one that tries to minimize language, for if one does not know the word "freedom" one can never desire it and if one does not know the word "rebel" one can never do it. I then took it one step further, if I never knew the term "anaphylactic shock" then I don't think I would have thought I had those specific symptoms. Ten minutes later I was fine. I didn't have AS. But the simple fact that I knew what AS was, I thought I was exhibing those symptoms. Therefore, I contend that we are all a product of past awareness--in my case, my awareness of AS--and that awareness leads to certain either tangible or intangible present conditions. This theory, I contend, can be applied to hypochondriasis and help us to better understand it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3239431 - 10/10/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: ]
    #3239479 - 10/10/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I know that. I'm not claiming you do. I'm claiming that if I didn't think of the term (and the actual phenomenon itself) then I wouldn't have imagined those symptoms. Obviously one doesn't need to know the existence of a disease or condition to have it--otherwise ignorance would lead to 100% health.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3239543 - 10/10/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: ]
    #3239921 - 10/10/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Obviously one doesn't need to know the existence of a disease or condition to have it--otherwise ignorance would lead to 100% health.

man, i dont know what to say, i see somthing, but i wont shine :P
but anyway; just wow,... nice post

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: Gomp]
    #3240031 - 10/10/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
man, i dont know what to say, i see somthing, but i wont shine :P

What do you mean?

Edited by MoneyAddyct (10/10/04 07:00 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3240335 - 10/10/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

fiend, your avatar is supremely trippy.

Moneyaddict, never ask gomp what he means.

also your idea is good, close to truth. We form our understanding of reality largely by filtering experience through our linguistic structures. Our language actually influences our perception of reality.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3242355 - 10/11/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

heeh Moonshoe might be right on that one, since I do not know (yet?), but this post triggerd some thoughts, i just havent gotten around to think of them yet.

but i relly liked the part "Obviously one doesn't need to know the existence of a disease or condition to have it--otherwise ignorance would lead to" it kinda fits whit so many teories iv seen..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/11/04 09:33 AM)

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Theory of Past Awareness [Re: Gomp]
    #3242600 - 10/11/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm mad at myself. Right after I posted "Obviously one doesn't need to know the existence of a disease or condition to have it--otherwise ignorance would lead to 100% health" I thought of a better way to word it: "Obviously one doesn't need to know of the existense of a disease or condition to have it--otherwise ignorance would be tantamount to perfect health." I'm goofy like that.

Edited by MoneyAddyct (10/22/04 11:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract