Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemnbv
Stranger
First time with shrooms, I have some questions..
    #3237674 - 10/09/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have smoked weed about 5 times, and I have liked every time. I want to try out shrooms, and I found this site. One of my co-workers (Yana, very hot) wants to try it out, also for her first time. I want to get a good trip, not too little, not too much for both of us. Another co-worker (Cory) suggested that we only take a half of an 8th each. (8th of a gram right? 8th of what?) He said that the first time is intense, so try it low. He has tried every drug out there and has $ from selling (He has stopped using and selling now), so I assume he knows what he is talking about. I don't know what kind of shrooms I will be getting. We are getting them from yet another co-worker, Kristen. Cory seems to think that she will give us not very "strong" shrooms, but he says he could be wrong. I weigh 150lbs, she probably weighs 120-140ish, I can't really tell. How much should we buy for a first time? Does it matter what parts of the shrooms we eat also (just curious)?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemnbv
Stranger
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: mnbv]
    #3237691 - 10/10/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I just read around, and found out that a 1/2 of an eighth ounce is 1.5-2 grams. So, should I follow Cory's advice, or is that too little for a first timer? Any other advice? It will probably be late at night, about 10pm to whenever it wears off.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3237838 - 10/10/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think 2g would be a good dose. Just make sure your at a place your truely comfortable in.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinemnbv
Stranger
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: barfightlard]
    #3237843 - 10/10/04 01:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

After chating with 8ball, he recommended 2.5 grams. I will be doing this in my room. Does it matter what kind we get?

Edited by mnbv (10/10/04 01:26 AM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3237919 - 10/10/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It matters that you get cubensis. Theres a very certain chance you'll get cubensis unless you live in oregon/washington/bc. even then its quite probable. I wouldn't even worry about getting something else. It sounds like its being sold by the eigth, and what your friend suggested was a good starting dose for cubensis, as liberty caps, etc would be more like half a gram-a gram.

Anyway, it depends. If you know anyone whos tried some shrooms that are going around in your town, ask them about their dosages (keep in mind body weight, etc). While with homegrown ones, I can decide the dosage I want for a certain experience, it's seemed that dealer ones can differ a bit. IME, this differing has been mostly on the weaker side. So, as said, go for half an 1/8 at the least, don't do more than 2.5

have fun.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3238140 - 10/10/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

cory sounds like he knows what he is talking about. When someone says and eighth. They are talking in ounce terms. There are 28.5 grams in an ounce and about 3.5 in an eighth. So a haf eighth would be about 1.75 grams.

95% chance unless you are in some specific areas of the states you are going to get cubensis mushrooms. The potency of these all depends on how well they where handled / dry when you get them commecially. Ive seem some that looked like the sat fresh a decent amount out time and they where not that potent.

You will be high for a good period of time. Make sure you do them in an enviroment you 100% trust and feel safe with. Remember no matter how intense thigns may get you will always come down. Just flow with it and try and let yourself go.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #3238806 - 10/10/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mnbv said:
After chating with 8ball, he recommended 2.5 grams. I will be doing this in my room. Does it matter what kind we get?

Go w/ 2.5 grams. Half eigths suck.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3238816 - 10/10/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm , personally, I don't even recommend the mush just yet. If you've only smoked weed about 5 times, you are still practically a mind-altering virgin. The mush is absolutely nothing like the ganja. It may be a bit soon for you to experience.'

just my opinion though, Since I only bothered with mushrooms after I had exhausted the insights available to me through weed.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: jux]
    #3238853 - 10/10/04 12:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i have to agree with jux... shrooms should NOT be considered a social/pass time drug... they are potent psychodelics and i advise you to read up a little befor you throw yr self into an expiriance you're not capable of handling or having fun/insight with!

if you know what you're doing though and you know what you're getting yr self into... by all means have fun :smile:

and come back to tell us how it went!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: Simisu]
    #3239347 - 10/10/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i also agree with simisu. you may want to further educate yourself with the substance before u do it. knowlege is power and the more you know about experiencing mushrooms the more power you have to make sure u have a good trip. never injest any substance you do not have a good understanding of.

--------------------
:goose:

Offlinemnbv
Stranger
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: Dimmy]
    #3243274 - 10/11/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you are probably right, weed gets me messed up every time. The thing is, I have a golden opportunity. My parents will be gone this next Friday, then about 10 days after that. Not the next Tuesday, but the one after that. Everthing will be in my own house with friends and most of them will only be doing weed.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3243757 - 10/11/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you know, there are pople who ahve eaten mushrooms who neevr smoked pot before

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3243764 - 10/11/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I hate being around sober people while tripping especilly on mushrooms, and by sober I mean people who are not tripping... drunk people are even worse than stone sober people.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: gdman]
    #3243797 - 10/11/04 05:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you have an ideal situation, just educate yourself and read as much as you possibly can about tripping before you do it.  Also, you mentioned you will have friends over who aren't tripping..don't know if this is a good idea.  Make sure you know and trust everyone you will be around, and make sure the non-trippers know how to act when people are shrooming.  There's nothing worse than having some jackass thinking its funny to fuck with you.  Psychadelics aren't something to take lightly, so just know what you're doing and be prepared for the unexpected.  Good luck, let us know how it goes!  :biggrin:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3243807 - 10/11/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not something to be taken lightly at all, sometimes it can be confsuing because your trying to talk to a sober person and you might forget that they are sober. Sometimes you just really want to be alone too.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3243995 - 10/11/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Depends on the sober people. If they're good friends who have tripped before, and respect it (or haven't tripped and respect it, a bit rarer) it can be great. I understand that if you're with people who aren't accepting or would just try to tweak you out it would suck.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: First time with shrooms, I have some questions.. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3244039 - 10/11/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yes gd there are these people who ate shrooms but never smoked pot...
i just have a feeling that this person is very young and just want's to have a good time with a drug he does not fully understand the conseqances of... and unlike weed which is forgiving in that sense mushrooms are quite the opposit!

not that anyone should "fear" mushrooms... its about respect...
i like that quote on erowid "know you mind - know your body - know your substance - know your source" (or something like that)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3244114 - 10/11/04 07:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

that's true, if he has a bad time smoking weed, it's over fairly quick, he has a bad time on shrooms because of lack of respect.... they're powerful.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3244914 - 10/11/04 10:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

2 grams is a good first dose... gives you a little taste of the effects of shrooms

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience