Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Chiron
    #3237288 - 10/09/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm suspicious of how astrologers have integrated that recently discovered planetoid Chiron into their astrology system.  They got an explanation of its effects a little too quick for my taste for something they had no idea even existed until a couple of years ago.  It's that easy huh? 
:noway:

Chiron

One of the most recently discovered heavenly bodies is a planetoid named Chiron. Although there are differences of opinion over the actual classification of this body (some claim it's a comet or an asteroid), its power is widely acknowledged. It was first sighted in 1977 on its trek between Saturn and Uranus.
The Planet was named after Chiron, the Centaur (see Sagittarius). In Greek Mythology, Chiron's mother was a water-nymph who, while trying to run from Zeus' amorous overtures, turned herself into a horse. She did not escape, however, and Zeus impregnated her. When she gave birth, she was shocked to see that her newborn was half horse, half boy. The mother was so terrified that she prayed to the gods to be changed into a tree. Her wish was granted. Thus, both of Chiron's parents abandoned him. Instead of dwelling on that, though, he became a skilled teacher and healer. One day, while he was handing a poisoned arrow to a student, it dropped and pierced his leg. Since his father was a god, he was immortal, so he could not die. In terrible pain, he prayed to the gods to let him die. They, in gratitude for his teachings, let him out of his misery and placed him in the sky.

Chiron is the wounded healer. This Planetoid is for everyone who, rather than giving in to despair amid their own suffering, reaches out so others will not have to experience the pain they've felt. Many people who have had a painful childhood grow up to be psychiatrists or therapists so that they can help other people get through the same things that hurt them. Parents who have lost children to drunk drivers go on to form support groups so that other parents know they are not alone. These people feel the influence of charitable Chiron. It can be healing for a person to help others cope with a pain that they themselves have lived through.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Chiron [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3237303 - 10/09/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't like it either.

I like astrology though.

The thing is a person has to sift through much bullshit before they find the real deal.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3237654 - 10/09/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I gotta side with the ppl who say that Chiron is just a big chunk from the asteroid belt on the outskirts of out solar system.

We'll never understand all of the forces at work around us, but I think its important that we try. Unfortunalty ppl love to accept what is already accepted and that's why astrologists and psychics and proselytizers can make money. We all need to believe, and some ppl need to be told what to believe.

I just wish i could believe what it is that I believe.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3237686 - 10/09/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I met a co-discoverer of said planetoid, a Dr. Christie who worked out of the Greenbelt, Maryland NASA lab. His wife Charlene was the secretary in my graduate school department at the University of Maryland. She told me he wanted to name the celestial body after her, but was obliged to keep the mythological theme and therefore named the body 'Charon' (not the centaur Chiron, and having the first 3 and last letter in common with Charlene) who was the ferryboat man on the River Styx - the river of death associated with Hades/Pluto god of the Underworld (which thematically makes sense if the toid is a satellite of Pluto). That was sometime between 1979 and 1983.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies