Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineladybug10
Stranger
it's the first time!!
    #3236690 - 10/09/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

my husband and i are going to try shrooms for our first time.  we're getting them from the person we get our green from on a regular basis. 

our question's are:
1) how do we take them????  we've heard you can boil them and use the water to make kool-aid, eat them with a small amount of food, just chew them, swollow them, etc... what is the best way?
2) how much do we take?
3) we've been smoking all day already.  will that matter?
4) what can we expect from our experience?!?!!?!?  :smile:

any other advice would be appreciated!!!!!!

thanks!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: it's the first time!! [Re: ladybug10]
    #3236722 - 10/09/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

you want to take them on an empty stomach, so don't have dinner for example if you're eating them in the evening. after they kick in you won't be hungry. they work way better this way. Just chew them up good they don't taste good but you can have a drink ready to wash them down with.

unplug the telephones; I don't think you want to talk to sober people when you trip.
Have good music playing (music is sooooo beautifull while tripping)
Have some fruit, like apples, grapes or oranges. those are amazing to eat while tripping.
Nature is great also

you're probably getting a certain amount of shrooms that goed by eights or grams. if you get an eight both eat half an eight for your first time. in grams: within 1.5-2g range you're good.
if you like it you can always take more next time, it';s better not to start high.

now read the psychedelic experiance faq:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/faq2.php

have fun
:laugh:

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3236747 - 10/09/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, first off how much are you getting and do you have a scale?

I suggest you try 2-3g.

Make sure you havent had anything to eat in the past hour. If you had something to drink it should be fine.

Avoid taking with dairy products, carbonated drinks, alcohol, and eating too much with/prior.

Making tea works fine. On low boil, use a cup of water per dose with the mushrooms in there for about 10 minutes, throw in a regular tea bag (for taste) and some honey. Afterwards strain the chunks and drink the tea. Some people even eat the chunks.

Some people just like to eat theirs while drinking a fruit juice. Make sure you chew them up good though, it helps reduce any chance of nausia.

Yes, the weed will matter. Some say they love it, some say it makes their trips more visual, and some say it smooths it out and helps them relax. I would say stop smoking now (if your doing them today) but take a few hits if you want to about 30 minutes after you eat them.

You guys should have an amazing time. Keep in mind that a trip can last up to around 6 hours. It usually lasts about 3-4 hours for me, the first 2 being pretty intense. Some other good things to keep in mind for your first time:

-It will go away.
-You will not go insane.
-Make sure you have nothing to stress about.
-You will feel like you've just smoked more weed than you ever have in your life. This is normal. It might be hard to explain things, or think of things.
-The mushroom always has a good lesson for you. Relax and enjoy what it has to show you, you will learn.

As for the feelings, you'll get some visuals (brightened colors, swirling patters, things breathing, patters on the wall melting). It takes a high dose (alot more than you will probobly take) to see things that aren't there.

Listen to music.

Try closing your eyes for a few minutes. I myself LOVE the closed eye visuals mushrooms give me.

Enjoy! Mushrooms will expand your mindset. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3238563 - 10/10/04 07:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow, i hope you and your husband have a wonderful time. the previous posts already explained everything i was gonna say, so no real new advice here. on the dosage though, i usually find that the difference between 2 and 3 grams for a first time trip make a huge difference. it may not seem like alot, but for me and the others i watched trip for the first time it made a huge difference. i would go with 2 grams if you at all worried about it being your first time. well, maybe worried isnt quite the right word, but more like a heavy pre trip anxiety thing going on...it will be easier to deal with if it starts bugging you during your trip. 3 grams was still a pretty light dose, compared to the 7 or 8 that i usually eat when i trip (i love getting a nice mind-fuck when i trip :grin:)but the extra gram seemd to give that extra push to make the experience a little more entertaining, as with the visuals and what not.

ive also experienced with the smaller doses, that some times it is possible to eat too few mushrooms. (well, for me anyway) light doses sometimes give me the feeling like, what the fuck? like standing up in the shallow end of a pool, and wondering if you should keep swimming or just get out of the pool...kind of one foot in, one foot out. i dont know if that made any sence to you at all but ya...its the best i could describe it :smirk:

have fun! they had some really great advice for a first timer...make sure you let us know how it went :thumbup:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience