Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
A good friend is on cocaine again.
    #3235138 - 10/09/04 01:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A girl who has been my best friend for about 8 years just started using cocaine again tonight. She has bee doing lines at a party I was at all night. I am disturbed because she did not tell me about it, She used to have a cocaine problem several years ago and lately I have noticed several symptoms of it coming back. Tonight is the first time I have known for sure that she was using. How can I help her? How should I approach the problem? I have very little experience in this sort of thing. What can I do?

I also realized tonight that I just might love this girl. I'm so fucking pissed off and confused that I can not think. Anyone have any advice?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: A good friend is on cocaine again. [Re: z@z.com]
    #3235452 - 10/09/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The best thing you can do is tell her how you feel. Both the part about loving her, and that you are concerned about her habit. We love to hear men say "I love you", so I don't think you can go wrong there. Once you get that out of the way, spill the rest of your feelings without trying to force the issue.

Work on the love first, then you will have more leverage againsed her habit...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: A good friend is on cocaine again. [Re: ATWAR]
    #3235482 - 10/09/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i say, that's good advice.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: A good friend is on cocaine again. [Re: ATWAR] * 1
    #3235870 - 10/09/04 09:00 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ATWAR said:
The best thing you can do is tell her how you feel. Both the part about loving her, and that you are concerned about her habit. We love to hear men say "I love you", so I don't think you can go wrong there. Once you get that out of the way, spill the rest of your feelings without trying to force the issue.

Work on the love first, then you will have more leverage againsed her habit...

Either that, or blow a huge fucking line with her and RIDE THE SNAKE!! :biggrin:

Offlinefungigal
lonely gal
Re: A good friend is on cocaine again. [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3236029 - 10/09/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Your friend knows how easy it is to be addicted to this drug. tell her she is making a big mistake and you will not support her in her decision to ruin her life.

--------------------
shrooming is a way of life

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: A good friend is on cocaine again. [Re: fungigal]
    #3237020 - 10/09/04 06:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There's a good chance the blow will always be more important to her than you will. sorry

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being