Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Fridays are the worst
    #3234672 - 10/08/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

For the lonely blues. I have no one I can connect to. The only person I would consider a friend has left for college. Not too far i still see him every other weekend or so. I have what I call "drug" buddies, but i dont really hang out with em. Its just so hard when you have no one to connect to. No one to talk to.

Is it that there is no one that i can relate to, connect to, or do i just not know where everyone is.  I have more interaction and meaningful moments in my dreams than in waking life... I dont know what to do to meet people like me...
Not that the past 3 or 4 months of "basically" solitude havent helped me at all. Ive been playing guitar constantly...writing...drawing...Im not a depressed person im just lonely... Im a pretty outgoing guy...i feel i put out a good vibe and everyone I meet seems to like me. But i guess i meet the wrong people? i dont know...

And its come to be that friday and saturday nights are the worst :thumbdown:

My path is a lonely one. Much love to the shroomery you guys are always there :heart: :sun:

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: MellowMood]
    #3234862 - 10/08/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like me, but with one exception, I need to solitude. Others make me nervous.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: Redo]
    #3235068 - 10/08/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel. I've gotten pretty used to being on my own and not being very connected with the people I am around. On the other hand, I have been pretty larthagic regarding my guitar playing and poetry. At least you are being productive. Take advantage of the solitude you have.
I lived in New Zealand for about 5 months, and I remember that I for about 4 of them I didn't have a single real conversation with anyone. It really sucked. You start to feel strange about yourself without reinforcement from people around you.

My advice is to not let your sense of ego isolate you. Our self-cherishing is the source of all pain and seperation. Recognize that and you will be able to connect better with others, and feel more content wherever you are.

Always remember that you have freinds here. I hope you feel better and more connected with other people. :heartpump:

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3235083 - 10/08/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

IF you want companionship, you're not going to get it by staying at home feeling sorry for yourself.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3235199 - 10/09/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, you are not alone! I don't do shit on the weekends.. I sit here alone pretty much bored out of my mind. All my friends have moved on, my family lives 100's of miles away. I try to find positive hobbies to do on my own. I can relate to that feeling of solitude that you mention only Ive had it for much longer. I come to like spending time alone. It's really not so bad....

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinefungigal
lonely gal
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: eris]
    #3236034 - 10/09/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey friend
you made it through friday and you'll make it through saturday. hang in there we are here to support you.

--------------------
shrooming is a way of life

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3236704 - 10/09/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah same here, all my friends have moved on.

im stuck here though, and with a slew of problems. it's this viscious cycle im caught in where the problems keep me here and here there are problems also, and it never stops building.

but i can relate to the stuff you said eris, and the others also. so we're all together in this to a certain extent.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: Locus]
    #3237037 - 10/09/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

May be just a reflective period of your life.
Embrace it, stay creative, and learn; know others are going thru the same introspective stage.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: Locus]
    #3237065 - 10/09/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well what I find strange is that most of the time I want to be alone, yet once in a while I get an empty feeling. I don't have the desire to go out and try to meet people in bars or parties or something like that. But if i run into someone cool by chance, I wont let the opportunity go by. If any of you are really bored or something and need to talk just check my profile, I have my aol name in there and ill try to add my icq number also.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
    #3238893 - 10/10/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Its my first year in community college here (hometown), and i have one friend. and hes usually busy or there is nothin to do. so i usually keep busy and whatnot by myself. i look at it like a reflective period. Kind of recouping from this summer and last year when all i did was go out and stuff. At this point, i dont feel like goin out and bein real social. i figure that this is just a phase.. who knows.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3239172 - 10/10/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
My advice is to not let your sense of ego isolate you. Our self-cherishing is the source of all pain and seperation. Recognize that and you will be able to connect better with others, and feel more content wherever you are.

Great advice :thumbup:
This is my first year at college as well, and I havent really had the desire to go out and be overly social. Ive met a few people, but no truly like-minded friends. I do get feelings of loneliness, but I cherish my solitude as well as it gives me time to reflect, draw, compose, whatever. I didn't do too much this weekend either, so dont feel too bad. Going for a walk can be quite refreshing.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Fridays are the worst [Re: Pathos]
    #3241511 - 10/11/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My social needs elude me.

When I'm alone, I want to party. When I'm partying, it feels like a complete waste of time, and I want something 'else'... When I'm with a girl, I feel constrained and want to be free.. when I'm not with a girl, I want to be.

I need to get out of this town more than anything... my history here is suffocating.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom