Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
My poo casing fell apart! Vets--opinions here?
    #3234760 - 10/08/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so I had posted a little while ago about fungus gnats on my poo casings.  They sort of looked like they were on their last flush...the fruits weren't all fat, but sort of scrawny looking and just not growing well.  Anyway, so I had drainage holes in the bottom of the casing containers.  I decided, that since I had gnats and stuff, and they appeared to be pretty well spent, I would wash off the casing layer, dunk in peroxide water, and re-case. 
    Well, as I let the casing out of its container into my hand, it just broke apart.  I was wondering if this was a sign that the casing was spent: (the myc is weak, there's no more poo to feed it, etc.).  My other question is regarding these spots where the casing looked/smelled like art clay.  I mean, gray, clay-y, smells totally like clay.  Just small sections.  I thought these might correspond to where the gnats were invading my casing containers through the drainage holes, but I'm not sure....  Hm.  Any thoughts on this description?  I was going to soak the crumbled casings then re-case them, but I think I should just toss them.  They've done good by me.  R.I.P.  :shocked:
Thanks!

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation