Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
i'm voting green
    #3234640 - 10/08/04 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and i don't care who tells me that it won't make a difference and that its a vote for bush. if i don't make my voice heard what's the point of using it?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: i'm voting green [Re: TODAY]
    #3234650 - 10/08/04 11:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

While I disagree with a lot of the Green Party's platform, I applaud you for choosing not to support the duopoly.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: i'm voting green [Re: TODAY]
    #3234670 - 10/08/04 11:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Good for you! Although I am of a paleo/geo-libertarian bent, I also applaud your decision to do what you feel is right instead of settling for the lesser of two evils.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: i'm voting green [Re: Evolving]
    #3234744 - 10/08/04 11:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It depends on your state really. If you're in a battleground state vote for kerry. If you are in a state that hasn't voted democrat since FDR like my homestate of Utah, vote 3rd party, which Im going to do.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: i'm voting green [Re: silversoul7]
    #3234785 - 10/08/04 11:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I applaude that TODAY.

SS7: Why do you like the Libertarian Party so much more than the Greens?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Tommy Jett - Groovy Little Trip

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: i'm voting green [Re: Learyfan]
    #3234808 - 10/08/04 11:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
SS7: Why do you like the Libertarian Party so much more than the Greens?

Do I really have to explian this one? Only the Libertarian Party agrees with my principles--that government should be kept as small as possible, within its Constitutional limits, and that government should stay out of the lives of people as much as possible. That said, I would much rather have a Green Party president than either a Democrat or a Republican.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: i'm voting green [Re: Worf]
    #3235038 - 10/09/04 01:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

outputrotation said:
If you're in a battleground state vote for kerry.

THAT is exactly the reason our country continues it's slide down the toilet. Fuck Kerry, he's an asshole, fuck Bush, he's an asshole. If you continue to choose the lesser of two assholes, guess what? You'll still get an asshole.

BTW, how many elections have you participated in where your vote made the difference? How many presidential elections have there been where one vote in a state would have changed the outcome for that state and that state's electoral votes would have turned the election nationally? You have a better chance of winning the lottery than your vote making a difference. You might as well vote your conscience instead of supporting the statist quo or stay home and masturbate as that's probably more enjoyable and gives a better return on the investment of your time.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3237524 - 10/09/04 10:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:handth:

The two party system is such a scam. Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative. Its all the same bullshit, two sides of the same dirty ass coin. The only vote not wasted is the one for the third party candidate of your choice.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3237828 - 10/10/04 01:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

We really have to put up with the lesser of two evils until one party is big enough to split. I mean if the democrats won consistantly every time, of course the party would split into the greens. But right now they need every vote they can get.

And this election every single vote counts. States are going to be won by a half of a percentage. I don't about you but if I had a choice between a shotgun shot to the stomach or a pistol shot to the arm, I'd choose the pistol shot.

Even if you don't think your vote will count it's still important to vote to show increasing or decreasing trends in the statistics. That's the reason why Utah is republican everytime. No one cares to vote so no progress is ever made.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion