Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life
    #3233321 - 10/08/04 03:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesploogepanz55
zoinks!
Male
Loc: Oregon!
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: Rose]
    #3233354 - 10/08/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, i beleive every experience you have (even if its not through drugs or anything) shapes who you are, and psychedelic drugs do it more quickly and profoundly because you peer into your inner self in ways that you wouldnt otherwise.
Knowing things that you learn through trips can make you a different person. It can be good or bad. Thats the gamble.

--------------------
We can't stop here, this is bat country! -HST

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: sploogepanz55]
    #3234196 - 10/08/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have noticed that since Ive become a more 'heavy' user of marijuana and shrooms and other psychedelics (especially DXM, im about to post a trip report on that funbug here in a second =P) that my dreams have become much more vivid, meaningful and overall more fun.

OfflineRepton
Moon Ripened Sultan
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Midlothian
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: SirRobin]
    #3234279 - 10/08/04 08:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I often have dreams that im tripping, or that i've found clusters of mushrooms and eaten them. I never had dreams like that before i'd tried them, I like those sort of dreams though.

--------------------
How I consume - Dry extract in capsules - guide with photos !
** p. Semilanceata spore prints **
If you're waiting on a PM reply don't worry I have taken a number of prints and should have these ready this week for trades/post, if you're interested in a print PM me and I'll work through them in order I can offer prints of the early fruiting spot that seems to start in July through to mid Oct and prints from specimens in my regular spots that tend to fruit later during the regular fungi season in the UK.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: Rose]
    #3234850 - 10/09/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

far more open minded. although after tripping for a few days i am noticeably irritable. in generall i sleep a little better as well, probably only to do with weed.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: kadakuda]
    #3237744 - 10/10/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

my past trips have made me enjoy daily life moreso than before tripping. Just seeing things in a new light and noticing things that I wouldn't have before. Talking to people or admiring my surroundings..., everything has a new glow to it that it didn't have (noticibly) before I ever tripped.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily li [Re: Repton]
    #3237988 - 10/10/04 02:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Repton said:
I often have dreams that im tripping, or that i've found clusters of mushrooms and eaten them. I never had dreams like that before i'd tried them, I like those sort of dreams though.

I've also had a few dreams where I munch shrooms wait to start tripping. In the dream I neber actualy trip, I either *think* that I'm tripping, yet don't actualy tripping, or nothing happens atall

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: Rose]
    #3242103 - 10/11/04 08:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"The teaching of the Buddhas is wholly based on there being two truths: that of a personal everyday world and a higher truth which surpasses it. Those who do not clearly know the true distinction between the two truths cannot clearly know the hidden depths of the Buddha's teaching."

[MMK XXIV:8-10]

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: AntiMeme]
    #3242120 - 10/11/04 08:48 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cool quote,

But, will tripping affect dreams or daily life?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #3245228 - 10/11/04 11:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

after tripping, i believe, one realizes how much more there is out there that is not apparent in everyday life. you sorta of look at life with wider eyes after you have seen how beautiful or horrible everything can be and how u control it for the most part. one also realizes the influence that your own perception has on the way you feel and the way u see the world around you. also after tripping and reflecting on what happened and why, one can learn alot about his or herself as well as the people you may have been tripping with. psychedelics can affect daily life so much. they can help ground you in whats really important and be used as tools to better yourself, but if used unwisely a bad experience can lead to serious metal trauma that can also surface in your daily life. really the ways these substances can influence people are limitless.

--------------------
:goose:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: Dimmy]
    #3246201 - 10/12/04 04:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I know they affect my daily life, they changed my whole thought pattern.

After the first time I took them there was a noticable difference, and everytime I get them my mind becomes more and more different.

Pretty hard to explain the exact things but I tell.

--------------------

OfflineInfiniteAgony
Stranger

Loc: Ontario
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4376532 - 07/06/05 06:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms dramatically changed my life. I look at everything in a totally different light than I would if I had never taken them. It expanded my mind. I am less the product of today's technological society, I am me and only me; A being within the midst of nature. I have learned many new things, not only about myself but about everything around me.

Keep it surreal.

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: FAQ 36.Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: InfiniteAgony]
    #4378043 - 07/07/05 01:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well i havent had any dreams that were effected by tripping but i had a dream where i was tripping it was before i had ever tripped and i wonted to trip sooo bad. In the dream everything was moving in my bathroom and i had trouble standing up i looked in the morror and my eyes began spinning in oposite directions like in circles and i freaked out and had trouble getting out of the bathroom as well and i was about to go tell my mother that i was tripping my ass off and i woke up. About a week later i tripped and found it was similar to my dream my room moved as it did in the dream like how everything grows in relief and shit and at one point i thought about telling my mom i was tripping because i got scared but i didnt. im not sure if i thought about telling her i was tripping because i had the dream but it was rather kreep how they had similarities. I found it was like it so i looked in the mirror when i was tirpping but my eyes didnt move in different directions i wish they did though that would be awsome

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: Rose]
    #4378150 - 07/07/05 01:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Will tripping affect my dreams and daily life?

This depends heavily on how you view the substance and life in general. People who are atheist will likely never look at mushroom use as a window to religious insight. They go into the trip with the attitude that it is simply a substance which is going to alter their thought patterns and that is all it means to them.

Being a person who is constantly questioning my existence, I found that I had gained a great deal of new insight after using psychedelics. They have taught me a great deal about myself and the world around me. The use has even sparked my interest in Buddhism.

Is it possible to experience so much and remain unchanged? I believe that these substances do indeed change you, and in most cases it is for the better.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4378380 - 07/07/05 02:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Indeed, they seem to hold a mirror to your life views.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: Rose]
    #4378458 - 07/07/05 03:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Or break down your life views altogether.  I don't even recognize the person I am now, compared to who I was before I started tripping.  I think it's important for people to understand that tripping can MASSIVELY alter (but probably not totally change) who you identify as "yourself."  Of course everyone is different.  Some people don't seem to get much of anything out of the psychedelic experience, while others might take it too seriously.  If anything, I was one of the latter when I first started.  I couldn't even admit that they were a "drug" when I first started tripping, because that word has become a four-letter-word while living in America.  "Entheogen" is what I stubbornly referred to them as. 

I still consider the mushrooms sacred, but they've shown me how in error my unsmiling, Vulcanesque approach was.  Yes, they should be respected, but I think they should also be used with passion.  It's okay to have fun on shrooms, I came to learn, as long as I didn't expect it.  :wink:

It's difficult to say how shrooms have changed me exactly, even though I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that is what they've done.  What exactly they've done to me is impossible to verbalize, but the alterations are evident in my behavior, my sense of self, my beliefs and my thought patterns.  I am much more self-accepting now, coming from a place where all I nurtured within was total self-loathing.  My imagination, while admittedly always vivid, has grown to posses a power outside of my direct control.  This power can be manifested in negative qualities, such as becoming paranoid, having delusions and "feeling manipulated' by internal demons, or positive qualities, like an improved confidence, delusions that aid instead of inhibit, and incredibly realistic daydreams, almost vision-like. 

Changes in unconscious dream states include a greater capacity to remember and recall dreams upon waking.

The most profound alterations have been in my attitude, which I won't waste time profiling here.  Let's just say that I am at a point where I am learning to love myself again.  :sun:  Before that, I was totally deconstructed by the mushrooms, and it should be said that the journey has not been entirely pleasant.  But I wouldn't trade my current state of mind for anything, and I owe it to the drug.  :heart:

OfflinePraxis237
Stranger
    #4379015 - 07/07/05 08:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If one takes notice of the evolution of spirit within them, then one may ask some questions roughly in these forms, "what is this evolution towards? can I effect it? how can I become more active in this process of opening my self to greater realization?". In direct regard to your post, it is this evolution of spirit which ultimately fuels the pursuit of the psychedelic experience and upon reflection one can very surely make out the ways in which these deeply powerful experiences have been integral in the process of ones personal development. As one moves along this path and as one understands themselves and the world more indepthly, surely both our dreams as well as our daily lives will be reshaped completely; It is in a way like buying a new pair of shoes, from the time you put them on, every footprint you leave will be different. In addition, by peering into the infinite mind of "God" one begins to reshape oneself in "his" image, that is no-image, no-shape at all; One identifies this state of bliss and wants nothing more than to know it always and only; one strives to understand more at each passing moment as one learns to shed their identification with the childish physical carapace and learned forms of constraint as one moves on the path to liberation.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: MOTH]
    #4379124 - 07/07/05 10:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
  Some people don't seem to get much of anything out of the psychedelic experience, while others might take it too seriously.  If anything, I was one of the latter when I first started.  I couldn't even admit that they were a "drug" when I first started tripping, because that word has become a four-letter-word while living in America.  "Entheogen" is what I stubbornly referred to them as. 

I still consider the mushrooms sacred, but they've shown me how in error my unsmiling, Vulcanesque approach was.  Yes, they should be respected, but I think they should also be used with passion.  It's okay to have fun on shrooms, I came to learn, as long as I didn't expect it.  :wink:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4382517 - 07/08/05 03:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

One thing referring to everyday life is that you will begin to better understand -or at least watch out for- other people's true motives.

This is moreso if you trip in a group, or especially at a party where only a few people are tripping.

While one shrooms, it seems as though you can see through the layers of people and pick up on their vibes more. I try to keep as much of that ability with me as I can post-trip.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: FAQ 41. Will tripping affect dreams or daily life [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4382870 - 07/08/05 06:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I find that they don't affect my daily life in a large way. This is probably because I had already experienced an intense salvia trip before my first mushroom trip, and my paradigm of reality shifted after that, so I was ready for mushrooms in that sense. I think any hallucinogen will do this to you. It's not a bad thing; I can see where the thought that a substance can alter your sober thought would be scary, but it is more of a mind expansion. It opens your mind to the fact that the reality you're used to may not really be reality at all. This can be scary at first, but in the end it allows you to grow more than anything.

My dreams are affected for up to a couple weeks after a trip. I find them to be more vivid and memorable. Your mind has a lot to deal with after a trip, especially if it's a bad one, and dreams are one of the ways the mind sorts out conflicts and stress.

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience