Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Fastest colonizers?
    #3233303 - 10/08/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Which are the fastest colonizers and/or most aggressive fruiters? I think one of them is Equadorian, right? Any others? Are these strains suitable for rye grain/vermiculite substrate?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3233314 - 10/08/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There's been a lot of discussions about that. I got my jars done in few hours over 8 days, and they are GT.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3233332 - 10/08/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Golden Teachers, you say? Out of curiosity do you know the scientific name for those?

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3233336 - 10/08/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis Golden Teacher strain.

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Ayrios]
    #3233353 - 10/08/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sam.. what substrate do you use??

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Ayrios]
    #3233369 - 10/08/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What Ayrios said.

Oh, btw, I have 6 jars I've sterilized yesterday. I'm going to see how fast I can really get them to colonize. I'm trying this because of all the talks about speed.

Basically, I want to see if anyone else with different strain will try it. I wish I can take pictures, but wife is taking the camera to Cali. So, sucks to be me.

Anyways, I'm using the similar parameters as before. But this time 1 twist to try to make it go wild.

I'll post it once few days after inoculation.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3233694 - 10/08/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Brazils are some of the fastest. Cambodian are also quite fast. GT compared to them IME is slow. GT also took longer to get a pinset. They are beautiful when they come up though. They're my favorite pet strain. But for "commercial" production..brazils and cambodians have been the fastest overall start to finish, in that order.

By faster I'm only talking days in each step but you save a few days in colonization, a few days in each of say 3 flushes and you've got yourself quite a few days over the life of the casing. Really though it takes them longer to colonize then to fruit so really fruiting quicker is a bigger problem then colonization once you get going in a cycle.

Oh yeah, I use rye all the way baby!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (10/08/04 03:40 PM)

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3233715 - 10/08/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks!

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #3233764 - 10/08/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you might want to consider using a substrate that colonizes quickly, ive got cambos in quarts of millet/verm/caffiene pills/spring water/flaxseed meal/the broth from simmering the grains(nutes get cooked out of grain into water,this way you dont lose nutes). a little more than just a jar of rye, but i am seeing INCREDIBLE results. ~2 days between the shake at 25% and one at 75+%, thats right, theyre still shakeable. Check out my "your comments please" post in this forum for a little more elaboration.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3233806 - 10/08/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kilgore_trout said:
you might want to consider using a substrate that colonizes quickly, ive got cambos in quarts of millet/verm/caffiene pills/spring water/flaxseed meal/the broth from simmering the grains(nutes get cooked out of grain into water,this way you dont lose nutes). a little more than just a jar of rye, but i am seeing INCREDIBLE results. ~2 days between the shake at 25% and one at 75+%, thats right, theyre still shakeable. Check out my "your comments please" post in this forum for a little more elaboration.

Awesome. Out of curiosity, what is it with the coffee/caffeine thing?? How is that beneficial?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3233862 - 10/08/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Caffeine was never shown to do anything. Coffee was shown in some unscientific (though many) experiments to quicken growth and aid in invitro production. Most experiments were done by RodgerRabbit, you can search for coffee project in the advanced forum.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #3233964 - 10/08/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm loving my B+. My cat's inoculating some grain jars here in a few tonight, and those i'm thinking aren't going to take long at all.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fastest colonizers? [Re: Hrethic]
    #3233994 - 10/08/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ive heard B+ stall frequently actually..

--------------------

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #3234209 - 10/08/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes caffiene has never been proven to do anything at all. all studies i have seen have been wholly unscientific and very very flawed, in countless ways. i just did it. i do plan on doing actual scientific research on the topic in the near future on this and other issues.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

So, just to be scientific about it.... [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3235732 - 10/09/04 04:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I see. So basically some old coot on mushrooms decided to get creative with the substrate? GReat. Did you know that coca leaves make a fantastic substrate too? *taps nose

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: So, just to be scientific about it.... [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3235737 - 10/09/04 04:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

They need to make a video section or be able to post videos...

Sam

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: So, just to be scientific about it.... [Re: Sam1912]
    #3235739 - 10/09/04 04:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sammy, I'm using ground up brown rice. I'm going to try something new with my jars tomorrow right before I inoculate them. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully, I can finish these jars in 6 days this time around.

Sam

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

#3235826 - 10/09/04 05:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So, it would appear that the "tropical" Cubensis are faster and more aggressive than others. That makes sense. Funny how I came to this conclusion.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3235871 - 10/09/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think the bottom line is strains make days of difference to harvest and colonization/inncoluation/pinning stragedy makes weeks of difference. I'd love to try EQ or B+ strain next time, but I seem to be pretty busy with my 2 current strains.

Sam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder