Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepan
Loc: here
Choas, Magick, Eris, etc etc...
    #323296 - 05/22/01 12:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Just been reading "Undoing yourself with energised meditation" again, again.
It's a great book and I suggest it to all and everyone.

Particularly, looking at the way that human thought gets stuck in ways of thinking. We all have our ways of thinking, we all think we have the right way of thinking "If only everyone thought like me, things would be perfect"...
BUT
"There is no truth, only many people's interpretation about what happened"
The great thing about this book is that it shows you ways to focus on the TRANSCENDING your models of reality, your reality tunnels. Rather than focussing on this god or that god or this idea of scheme or whatever, the focus is on the trancension of what can only be your own interpretation of the truth AND NOTHING MORE.

This is all a bit of a sketchy introduction to the book really, it focusses on many ways of leaving your old habits of thinking and beginning to CHOOSE how you think and what you think. Quote..:

"The way you think and what you think has as much to do with free thought as freedom has to fascism"

You are (we are) all conditioned beings realise this and transcend transcend transcend.

Perhaps I didn't sell it very well, I do get a bit didactic... anyone wanna a)discuss the book? b) Add a description of a killer book of their own? c) Run naked in a field screaming Britney Spears lyrics to the sheep?

Ta ta for now,
Pan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Choas, Magick, Eris, etc etc... [Re: pan]
    #324207 - 05/23/01 01:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I asked Robert Anton Wilson why C.S. Hyatt writes the way he does, as Bob's books sure seem the more compassionate of the two. Bob laughed and said he didn't know, but that in real life Hyatt is a big pussy cat.... Anyways, I dig the book, and I'd surely like to discuss it, but first let's talk about how we could go about this to make the most out of it.
The book is about the work you put into it, right? Of course there's the syndrome of talking or thinking about the Work instead of doing it. And then there's also the habit of making efforts only when in presence of other members of a group directed to doing the Work. I don't want dull-minded theoretical discussions. Of course we should talk about the book, discuss the pictures, clarify one anothers thoughts. But more than anything, I'm interested in the Work you've done, how it's helped you grow towards your full potential, what changes you've made in the way you think/feel, and what do you have to show for it? What you're doing... in the LAB. You dig?
Happy 5/23, Hail Eris!

Repent! Repent! Floss Often!

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds