Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblechirogost
stranger? thanwhat?

White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shrooms
    #3230155 - 10/07/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I often trip late at night and sometimes I want to go to sleep before the trip's over (usually coming down from a moderate dose). I don't think I've ever actually been able to get to sleep, but recently I've noticed something strange. I'll turn out the lights, close my eyes and put in some squishy earplugs to block out external noise, as I usually do when sober. Before long, my brain will create its own music and kaleidoscope light show. Wonderful! But every so often, for just a second, the music becomes an *intense* rush of white noise and the show becomes bright, snowy static. It's not just see and hear, either.. I feel it in my head. It's startling, not unlike an electrical shock. If I was drifty and sedate before, then after this white noise flash, I'll be fully awake and alert and wondering wtf that was about. It's as though someone flicked a switch, then it's over and back to the show.

I want to know, has anyone else experienced this, or have any info about what's happening, what causes this? I've only experienced this when trying to sleep on shrooms, and it's much more pronounced when blocking out external noise with the plugs. Any ideas?

--finally found a related post. This is from "Survey: Sleeping on Shrooms" #931109 - 10/04/02 03:39 AM
Quote:

jezu said:
Ok I have tried on high doses and realised i had to get up early oin the morning.
So I lay down and just as i felt my self nodding of there was a high intense painfull buzzing sound in my skull with a blinding intense painfull light. That kept scaring the shit out of me. It like someone pushing a fog horn in your face just as you nodd of. Any one know why this happens. I have never heard anyone else experience this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasin
Stranger
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: chirogost]
    #3230306 - 10/07/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have found attempting to sleep on shrooms to be terrifying.

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: Basin]
    #3230987 - 10/07/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have experienced it a couple times but not trying to sleep just my most recent doses. people trying to tell me its the begining of a OBE i dont think it is tho, im unsure of this but its very weird and somthign that im not acustom to never experienced it before except these last couple trips ive taken. it sounds like an electric shock in my head, and im very "trembly" very strange experence, also kinda like someone shuts the lights off in my head my eyes go out.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: scape]
    #3231108 - 10/07/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have experienced this while coming down off a cocaine buzz,it takes me totally by suprise,scaring me into an almost convulsive(1 time!!)state.Like jerking myself awake in a spasm.probably not good.(very moderate coke use)

--------------------

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #3231278 - 10/07/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i get that when im sober. :crazy2: :confused:

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

OfflineShroomAcolyte
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: ChingChong]
    #3231331 - 10/07/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I can't sleep on shrooms either. The one time I tried, I heard this "TING TING TING TING" inside my head. And I couldn't stop visualizing this little gnome with a hammer just banging away on an anvil. . . inside my head!

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: ShroomAcolyte]
    #3231383 - 10/07/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thats where they hide. then when you are sleeping they crawl out and steal things.... odd things.. then you notice they are gone, and are like WTF?

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: kontron]
    #3232678 - 10/08/04 10:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

there are any number of reasons for this effect. i have encountered experiences much like you describe when meditating and on mushrooms. i personally attribute it to a change in consciouness since for me this experience generally occurs when i set out to intentionally alter my consciouness. kind of like a phase change. while the experience can be shocking, i also find it exhilrating. perhaps you are touching the divine?

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shrooms [Re: chirogost]
    #3233464 - 10/08/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

my friend kept stopping me while we were walking all tripped out and telling me that he was getting electric jolts in his head. apparently this happens pretty often.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleQbanMoJo
Mr. Brightside

Loc: OutSide
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: TODAY]
    #3233537 - 10/08/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The first time JOE tripped he split 1/2oz with 2 other friends. Blended it with orange juice. Started trippin, felt like puking, puked, couldnt wash off the puke of the floor of the bathtub (looked like slugs where crawling on the bath tub floor), went back into the room tripped hard for the next 2 hours, thought it was gonna go down, layed on the bed (under the covers :eek:), lights were off and listening to Led Zeppelin, could see everything in the room, was facing the window that faces a expressway, was thinking pretty cool and felt relaxed a little too relaxed (like when your face is closed and youre falling asleep) and still bein relaxed went to touch his eyes and could see his hands coming towards his eyes but with a trail effect and touched his eyes or should I say EYELIDS....holy crap! He was like WTF? Then after that he felt like dying and was doubting his if he was really on his bed or in the Trauma room. What a trip!

PS Sorry for highjacking your thread, I guess moral of the story is...dont lay down to sleep :stoned:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: QbanMoJo]
    #3234327 - 10/08/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what a random hijack

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: TODAY]
    #3235714 - 10/09/04 03:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

one of my friends gets random electric jolts in his head too... he has told me "i love mushrooms so much, everything's cool except those shocks i get in my brain once in a while man, those suck"  i've never had one, but aparently it happens to him :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblechirogost
stranger? thanwhat?

Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: Noviseer]
    #3235905 - 10/09/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. It's heartening to see that it appears to be more common than I thought. Originally, I had thought the shocks might be related to changes in brainwave state, going from say, high beta to theta or delta, since I've only ever experienced the shocks when winding down to sleep. I'll be running a few tests along those lines the next time around, but I'm not really convinced that there's any relation. I have a couple more ideas to try as well.. maybe I'll get lucky and find a trigger.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shr [Re: chirogost]
    #3235988 - 10/09/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've had what I would consider the feeling of getting shocks in my head...but only when sober and its pretty rare...I find it mild and dosen't make me feel tripped out or anything...its almost like you could feel your heartbeat in your head...kinda like your head pulses out for a second

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3238542 - 10/10/04 05:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i get this way pretty much every time i eat shrooms...usually right before my peak. when i get these "shocks" not only do i see the light, and hear the noise in my head...but i also feel a very intence shock throughout my whole body, most concentrated on my spine...like an electric current starting at the base of my spine traveling up into my brain and exploding...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3238662 - 10/10/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The same thing happens to me though for me at leasdt it can happen throughout the trip not just when i'm trying to sleep. It usually happens when im focusing on something such as the shifting of a wall, I made a post similar to yours about it not so long ago  it may still be in the archives.

I think it was Dreamninja(?) that suggested it was the start of an OBE. I have tried to 'go with the flow' to see where it takes me but the only result was the 'zap' was slightly longer and more intense.  :frown:

The best explaination I have so far is temporal lobe lability which is usually associated with epilepsy but has been found to extend into the normal population.

On the positive side of things according to some studies people that experience it who are not epileptic are more likely to suffer from schziphrenia and hypomania.

Lucky us  :smirk:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shrooms [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #3238839 - 10/10/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i'm starting to doubt schizophrenia is really an "ilness"?
anyway... i never tripped befor but i'm just guessing here... maybe this was really a switch to dream phase and all the stuff in yr head came "alive" for a second but that freaked you out becouse you were still aware? so maybe this could be the road to a lucid dream?

you kinda reminded me of those times i nod off on the couch and then i get into a dream state where i'll try to walk or go down some stairs or fall and then i wake up on the couch thinking i was falling

anyway next time try to meditate befor you go to sleep and see if it happens also... or maybe try some WILD (wake initiated lucid dream technique) and see what happens with that?

keep us updated, this is interesting!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblechirogost
stranger? thanwhat?

Re: White noise flash in the brain, sleeping w shrooms [Re: Simisu]
    #3244663 - 10/11/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

No luck re-creating the "electric-head" last night, although I did find that when I was able and intentionally focused on the sounds in my head, it definitely felt like I was on the verge. I'd only taken a moderate dose, to where I was just getting mild oev's, but head-sounds were drowned out by external sounds. It was only when I fitted the earplugs, to where I could clearly hear and focus on the head-sounds alone, that I felt the onset of the shock. But I wasn't tired yet at that point and was way too restless to think about trying to sleep, so I didn't try. On the come-down, I did try to sleep, but I left the plugs out intentionally. I never heard the head-sounds and never felt anything related to the head shock. Earlier, I'd tried quick head and eye turns to induce the electric-head effect, but that was unsuccessful. Apparently, some individuals with SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome have reported getting these head-shocks when turning their heads or shifting their eyes too quickly. http://www.socialaudit.org.uk/43800062.htm So, I thought it was worth a try, but didn't have any luck. Unfortunately, I haven't yet prepared any brainwave encoded sounds, so I didn't get to try out that idea.

It's still possible that the head-shocks are related to entering a dream-state, or a change in brainwave state, even though I didn't have any shocks when I drifted off to sleep last night (without plugs). Need to try different doses, try to sleep at different parts of the trip, try with and without plugs.. need to get a better idea of when and under what conditions these shocks happen.

Found this interesting article, btw, on the supposed connection between SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome (or SSRI withdrawal side-effects), electric-head, epileptic activity, sleep, fore-brain seizures and the role of the pineal gland (consult your pineal gland?). http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory.htm

OfflineRepton
Moon Ripened Sultan
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Midlothian Flag
    #3248448 - 10/12/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Head shocks from SSRI's are a nightmare. I suffered at the hands of Paroxetine and lost my job in the process of withdrawl from that shit. Its quite hard to describe the head shock feeling, its quite disorientating, it would often happen when you move your head in certain ways, when standing up or sitting down, really any sudden movement. You literaly feel/hear a whoosh of whitenoise accompanied by a flash of dizzynes like your head fills with air really quickly or a wave of energy passes through your skull.

I am very pleased to be free of paroxetine it was an awful experience.

--------------------
How I consume - Dry extract in capsules - guide with photos !
** p. Semilanceata spore prints **
If you're waiting on a PM reply don't worry I have taken a number of prints and should have these ready this week for trades/post, if you're interested in a print PM me and I'll work through them in order I can offer prints of the early fruiting spot that seems to start in July through to mid Oct and prints from specimens in my regular spots that tend to fruit later during the regular fungi season in the UK.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract