Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: ]
    #3238330 - 10/10/04 05:23 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

>>>There is no difference.

To me, theres a very big difference between believing in life and believing in religion, kottenmouth.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: Ego Death]
    #3238520 - 10/10/04 07:18 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

The 'Shroom god...the almighty shroom!

OfflinePsiTripper
Male
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: Skunk420]
    #3238665 - 10/10/04 09:56 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

wow ss7 and allmakes had it going for awhile there! interesting discussion. marko had an interesting view on things.

--------------------
Music!

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: PsiTripper]
    #3240475 - 10/10/04 10:40 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

what you guys are arguing about is a basic misunderstanding of terminology. Allmakescombined is talking about the human capability of achieving pure EXPERIENTIAL understanding. Logical, thought based understanding, however , can never be called universal, absolute or even really true, They are however two entirely different ways of understanding reality. Any argument, idea, thought or conclusion can be argued or disproved. An experience such as that achieved by the gnostic, is beyond thought, and therefore beyond contradiction of disproval.

And when i said that stuff about being bored with culture, i was talking to psitripper, not you allmakes.

peace

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3240993 - 10/11/04 12:54 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

PsiTripper said:
what depresses me the most is the fact that most people never even discuss or even question these types of things that you guys talk about. most people, it seems, are too busy with consumerism. i struggle with it too. i desire to get rid of things such as my tv. sell such things and use the money for a good purpose. i can never seem to let go of my possesions though. i feel like i've been brainwashed towards consumersim since i was a child or something.

i wish i could just live on some island with nothing but books and loved ones. just devote my time to the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom. grow in spirit. i want something drastically differnet. i am getting bored with the structue of the culture i am in. it seems so shallow.

I was forced to rid my self of possessions a couple of years ago. I didn't realize I was caught up in consumerism, but I realize, in hindsight, that I was.

You don't need to live on an island. You can experience a life devoid of consumerism where ever it is you reside. I reside in one of the wealthiest counties in the country, but I have nothing, really, compared to what people here own.

And I devote most of my life to spirituality, and figuring out the Universe, and why we are here, etc. We don't need to live on the top of a mountain to figure life out, or to be spiritual.

The biggest challenge of all, imo, is to live in society and still manage to figure it out, to come out on top. Not come out on top financially, but to come out on top spiritually.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePsiTripper
Male
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: Frog]
    #3245162 - 10/11/04 11:22 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

yeah i did not mean being on the island so much for isolation. i would like to live in a tropic region becuase i love the beach and warm weather. i just meant it would be the ideal place for me. thank you for the reply Frog.

--------------------
Music!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3255689 - 10/20/04 01:14 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

How does one know what religion or God to follow? I sometimes wonder if the same God is responsible for all religions and doctrines. Maybe he just gave bits and pieces to each culture, but in ways that it would fit that culture. Any thoughts?

So... does God have a Creator of its own? Did God once not exist, then began existing inexplicably or did God always exist? :confused:

If God has always existed and has no beginning (and presumably no end), then it is a continuum without endpoints. Why assign a hierarchy to something that can't be framed with that concept by implying that God is somehow superior to each of us and should be 'followed'?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3255743 - 10/20/04 01:26 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

I'd just like to say if there is a God(I believe there is), such an entity would be so far beyond our comprehension that any attempt to understand it could not encapsulate even a small fraction of it nature. It may well be that those who say there is a God and those who say there isn't are both right(or both wrong), as our rules of logic can only account for so much of this reality(study quantum physics and see just how counterintuitive it is--then imagine how much more of our universe is still unknown).

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: silversoul7]
    #3255795 - 10/20/04 01:37 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

I'd just like to say if there is a God(I believe there is), such an entity would be so far beyond our comprehension that any attempt to understand it could not encapsulate even a small fraction of it nature.

If this is so, then it renders a seminal understanding of the universe (a creation of God) forever out of reach. A universe without an ultimate explanation irks me and seems inconsistent with the humbling and deeply moving beauty of both nature and the mathematics being used to characterize it.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: What God do you believe in (if any)... [Re: Diploid]
    #3255830 - 10/20/04 01:46 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

God is and God isnt.

but at least he is when i want him to be.

if i believe i am a figment of *my god* and that my god is a figment of *something else* et all.

then im just a part of the never ending story.

*cue music*

woh ohohohOH ohWOHohohWoh!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds