Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
7 months after Shroom induced psychosis
    #3230024 - 10/07/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Whatup fellas
Well I posted here a long time ago after I had some shrooms and ended up trippin fer 3 months straight. i  was delusional and havin super bad anxiety attacks and depression and peoples faces were distorted and i was really fuckin scared of peoples faces cuz they looked insane to me.  It was not very fun. Anyways i finally looked for some help eventhough i didnt think any doctor would be able to help me but.. all it took was some antidepressants and now im doin A LOT better. i guess it was a serotonin imbalance shrooms left me with. But Im comin back here to give some advice to you people..  If you're gonna trip make sure you don't have a family history of craziness. Make sure you are in a completely chill environment with nice music and not around a lot of people and if u are with people make sure they're really cool and dont try to fuck with you, and make sure you don't have a lot on your mind.  Also dont try to fight your trip if your havin a bad one just let whatever happens happen. And finally.. Have some valium or Xanax  or klonopin handy JUST IN CASE. That shit prolly woulda saved me from havin such a bad trip. That is all  peace and happy trippin -ash :thumbup:

--------------------
"Where's your will to be weird?" -jimmy morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3230071 - 10/07/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That really sucks.

Getting stuck in a trip can really become a nightmare.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: MAGnum]
    #3230164 - 10/07/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds to me like the shrooms only propelled you into a stage of prolonged panic and anxiety.

I had my first severe panic attack while high on MJ and It took me well over a year to begin to recover. I have alwways associated MJ with anxiety from that point on because of that incident, even though I know it only brought out what was already there.

Yes, it's a good rule of thumb to say that if you're not ok in the head, then don't mess with mind altering drugs.

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Cornelius]
    #3230495 - 10/07/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are you telling the truth?

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3230716 - 10/07/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I bet it's really refreshing to come back from a prolonged period of uhh... Psychosis. Has to be a good feeling.

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Ayrios]
    #3231766 - 10/08/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh man, it was such a relief when i got my mind back.. its like i have a whole new purpose now and i am enlightened and ive been through shit not many people have been through. I feel like a wise old man,
"but with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most crucial moment... A false hero. A joke the gods played on me" -JIMMY M. Sorry just had to squeeze that in there
So ya im ok now.. and I've learned from my mistake and learned a valuable lesson: Drugs are a bet with your mind

--------------------

Edited by namesash (10/08/04 02:14 AM)

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3233298 - 10/08/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dont see drugs as a bet with your mind. If you know yourself and your drug, and dont take an insanely large dose, you should have no problems.
Does your family have any history with depression or any psychological disorders? If so, that shouldve been a warning sign to begin with.
How much did you take?

InvisibleApril
the tiniestspark

Loc: Maryland
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Pathos]
    #3234018 - 10/08/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Holy crap!  I'm so sorry that happened!  I'm glad that you learned a lot, though.  Wow.  :shocked:

--------------------

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: April]
    #3234771 - 10/08/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Took a little bit under an 8th...Yes i got a family history of depression and craziness, but I still took em because the potheads I used to hang out with were like "shrooms are 100% safe bro, theyre organic!! Nothing organic is harmful!" And also other people inmy family have taken em before with no problems. Drugs just aren't for some people. I just needed a kick in the ass to realize that my brain is not to be fucked with. I dont need drugs to alter my perception.. All i have to do is stop takin my prescription for a month and I start to think people around me are zombies..

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash] * 1
    #3235313 - 10/09/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

namesash said:
Took a little bit under an 8th...Yes i got a family history of depression and craziness, but I still took em because the potheads I used to hang out with were like "shrooms are 100% safe bro, theyre organic!! Nothing organic is harmful!" 

That has to be one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard. Some of the most potent toxins are produced by mother nature...

Nothing organic is harmful... :rolleyes: Kick them guys in the nuts for me...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinemoedarklight
Stranger
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: ATWAR]
    #3237096 - 10/09/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

how many grams is an 8th?

Offlinemushroomman23
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: moedarklight]
    #3237285 - 10/09/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

your full of shit u must be a cop trying to scare people

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3237387 - 10/09/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

8th = 3.5 grams

Offlinemoedarklight
Stranger
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Pathos]
    #3237548 - 10/09/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ya, i heard of post hallucinogenic whatever disorder (that i had after my first time with a relatively high dose, and it's nothing horrible, u just feal wierd or out of ur body for a couple of weeks, and ur senses are sort of messed up, but it's not as horrible as ur teacher wants you to think), i've even heard of post traumatic stress disorder cause by a bad trip (which is a much worse and can cause severe panic attacks but it's nowhere near psychosis, and it's also easily treated and its not permanent) but i've NEVER heard of a permanent psychosis caused by shrooms, my parents are psychologists and i often read their books. and a psychosis is something permanent and, even though you can treat it, it never realy goes away.
and there are 0 reported cases of PERMANENT mental health problem caused by mushrooms.
and i would doubt 3.5 grams could cause such problems... i mean, i had a friend that took 14 grams and had a horrible trip, he just curled up in a corner and cried for the whole thing. and he was very messed up for a week or so. but now he's fine.
i mean, HOW STRONG WERE THESE MUSHROOMS. lol.
yea... i doubt this is true...

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
    #3239433 - 10/10/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How DARE YOU DOUBT ME!! You think this is some sort of joke????? I ougghtta!!!!!!! just kiddin i can understand why you guys are suspicious, since my case is rare.. but i assure you it is very true.
Well there is something called drug induced psychosis. I have been told time and time again by psychiatrists that it is rare for someone to get this from one mushroom trip, but it happens. pot could have set me up for it. Maybe an 8th was too much for me. After all I am a little guy 125 lbs. Hallucinogens have long been known to bring out a dormant psychological disorder. I have also learned from visiting different psychiatrists that the brain is EXTREMELY complex and none of these doctors really know whats going on in your head, they just guess. I have tried to put a label on whatever shrooms left me with.. but labels are just that. I don't know if there is even a label for what I have but if I'd have to choose I suppose itd be a mixture of depressive psychosis/post traumatic stress/drug induced psychosis. But i dont really know, what I do know is that I wasnt crazy or depressed before shrooms, and well i'm not gona mess with psychadelics in the near future. Or pot. Im a beer man. but i dont think you guys are wrong for shroomin. i had some very good times with pot, stimulants, & benzos.. shrooms just weerent for me. peace

--------------------

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
    #3239504 - 10/10/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"none of these doctors really know whats going on in your head, they just guess."

Too true. The brain is a big wet blob with no moving parts. Information gets around in a crazy tangled dance of electricity and chemistry. Add something foreign, shrooms, prescriptions, whatever, and you can't say for sure what will happen.

I've learned over the years that you sometimes hit a point while tripping when you say, "Holy Shit! I'm losing control of my brain." That's when you have to smile and say, "And that's why I'm here. Bring it on!"

Ticktock

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3239660 - 10/10/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Something similar happened to an old roommate of mine. He tried acid for the first time several years ago. He started out having a great time, then disappeared for a while. He ended up pissing on himself, taking all his clothes off, and various other embarrassing things.. But he was all fucked up for 3 days. Still getting visuals, completely unable to sleep, unable to have coherent conversations with people, fits of crying and hysteria, etc. He found out later he was a manic depressive. People with existing psycological problems shouldn't trip. If you have a chemical imbalance, psychadellics are far too unpredictable. Please, be careful out there!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Frappy]
    #3239680 - 10/10/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is another reason why people should start with SMALL doses 1-1.5g max.

Test the waters before diving in.

Trip safe, and trip smart.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Rose]
    #3240204 - 10/10/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

But if you have a history of mental problems you shouldn't dose AT ALL.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Frappy]
    #3240285 - 10/10/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hardly beleive this post. I am sorry, but scan the medical documents or something, because I bet your just trying to scare people.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale