Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemindriot
Stranger
Loc: TN
Need some advice for a great experience
    #322878 - 05/21/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey. First I just wanna say I can't believe this exists. This is just too cool to believe.

I'm looking for some advice on an upcoming trip. I've tripped twice before. Neither have been all that great. My second trip was actually more like a segment of a good trip, to a bad trip, and then good again. Atleast that is how I would describe it. I think it would have been an awesome experience cept I was in unfamilar places and didn't exactly trust the other people. Only one was tripping with me and the other was completely sober. Not a good experience.

My Question goes like this. I am planning a little outting this weekend. My plan right now is to go camping on a local 4-wheeling spot (I love my jeep). After that pitch a tent, get a fire going, and then proceed to eat the mushrooms. I want to do a night trip in the woods. That is my goal. I have been looking through the brain candy section. I remember trying to code some of that stuff. I am really glad someone else took it upon themselves to do that. I have a friend with a laptop so I was considering using that for a little bit of entertainment. I've always wanted to try it. My friend has never tripped before. I want her to be glad she did and really enjoy the experience. I plan to take a little walk around the trails and in the woods and stuff. I'm familar with the area so I won't be lost. I have a great stereo system in my Jeep and I was gonna play some music to just listen to and think with. I dunno. This is my idea for right now. I would LOVE some suggestions. I really wanna have a wonderful experience.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: mindriot]
    #323059 - 05/22/01 01:57 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to have a great experience I suggest that you trip during the day rather than the night....especially considering that you are doing it with a person who has never tripped before. In the dark you see a TON of things that are not there.

Unless she is extremely familiar with the area I wouldn't even consider doing it at night there. If it is her first time...while you might feel more comfortable and want to go walking around on the trails she may not feel comfortable doing that and you certainly don't want to go walking around at night tripping balls while you leave her sitting by the fire all alone not knowing what to do.

If you are going to do it at night...try and plan it right around a full moon and find a campsite that is pretty open and well lit...Plus make sure to bring plenty of wood and lanterns flashlights and all of that. There is nothing like a bright light to chase the monsters away.

Personally I find tripping with the lights on makes everything seem like you are in a circus! Everything is so brilliant, bright and colorful its amazing. Everything looks so alive and makes you feel the same way.

Obviously for everyone each trip is different but since you are the "experienced one" (well at least a little bit) you really need to think about the safety and mental well being of your friend.

If you were very experienced yourself and your friend had at least a couple trips under her belt I would say go for it...but just think about some of what I said and consider doing it during the day.

Karen

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum regularly. Respond to posts already there or create your own. Be an active participant in ALL aspects of this community!

OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

#323328 - 05/22/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

definatly do it on a full moon , It blows my mind away to just stair at the moon from the shrouds of trees on a well lit night.
Be carefull to stay away from snakey areas though. A freind of mine almost got bit once

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

Offlinemiles
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #323581 - 05/22/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

make sure your music doesn't drain your jeep battery either....nothing worse than discovering that the next morning....

Offlinemindriot
Stranger
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: miles]
    #323747 - 05/22/01 08:57 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the great response. I'll make sure we stay away from snakes. That would suck. Thanks for the reminder about the battery. I'll come up with some more stuff to do. I wanna blow my mind this time. I'll post what happens. Any more ideas would be great.

Offlinekebunk
    #323793 - 05/22/01 10:13 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i would take a few glowsticks (always fun as hell).a portable cd player with a few pink floyd cd's. some off (mosquitos are hell when you're trippen).and enough wood to build a big fire.also make sure the person youre gonna be with knows what to expect the woods is a bad place for a bad trip.i would also leave the lap top at home they're usually to fragile for someone trippen their face off.a cool thing to do is sit inside your tent with a flashlight and point it up to the ceiling then put your then put your hand about a foot above the the light then move it closer to the bulb. the shadow will look like your hand is gonna crush you!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: kebunk]
    #323818 - 05/22/01 10:48 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

all i need is a portable cd player, ummagumma, a flashlight, and a large forest at nighttime :) cant imagine anything better...but ya a forest is a bad place for a bad trip, extremely scary shit can happen, especially if you encounter a bear and cant tell if its real or not :P thatd be some scary shit ... or if the trees were attacking you...

We're all mad here...

Offlinekebunk
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: HB]
    #323917 - 05/23/01 01:59 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

about the bear thing one time me and my frind were camping out in my front yard(i live out in the boonies) trippen on some shrooms and smokin when all of a sudden my friend who is very small runs out side and starts puking.he wasnt puking from the shrooms but from smoking to much (5 consecutive gravity bong hits can do that to ya) but while he is sitting on the ground puking on himself we take a walk down the road.we come back deciding its a bad idea to leave first time tripper alone while puking and hes sitting there laughing his ass off covered in puke and we ask him whats so funny he saays he just saw a tie dye bear walk up to my mailbox and fuck it.

Offlinemiles
    #324022 - 05/23/01 07:44 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i remember last time i tripped in a similar environment, i would go over and start the car every so often to make sure the battery didn't go dead. it seemed like every hour or so, but i was probably starting the car every 5 minutes!!! also, the 50' walk from the fire to the car seemed like an extraordionary adventure....the coyotes were cool too

OfflineStormdamage
    #325073 - 05/24/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think you're on your way to having a good trip. I think the key to having a great trip is to plan it in advance. Decide exactly where you're going to go, what you're going to look at, what to do, etc... Before you take the shrooms, make sure you're somewhere where you know you're not going to encounter ANYONE (to avoid anything nasty happening such as getting paranoia, or worse, getting arrested), or at least anyone you'd rather not see. The occasional dog-walker or hiker is okay, but public transport when tripping is majorly unpleasant, for example = major paranoia!

Before you go, ensure you've got all the "supplies" you need to hand - my essentials include: *water* (very important - can stop nausea and generally refresh you if things start getting a little scary), hooded sweater (in case you get cold - the hood is a personal preference, it makes me feel kinda secure & safe), pad & paper (for writing trippy thoughts - always fun to read later!), food, sweets (like sherbet flying saucers, gummi peaches, and the like), CD player and a wide collection of CDs (to suit your every mood and change the atmosphere if you're getting freaked out), tissues (good for crying, mopping up spillages, sneezing, etc), a bag of weed (good for the comedown), and stuff to amuse you (koosh balls are always good). Taking a tent is usually a good idea too, in case you decide to camp out. Make sure you put it up before you start tripping, though! :)

I'd agree that tripping at night can be scary - there's more visuals and less of the euphoria, which can get out of hand especially on your first trip... make sure you go someplace that you both like and where you both feel happy. Oh, and you've got to really trust each other and both *really* want to trip that day. That way you just bounce the positive vibes off each other and things stay just as they should be - in control and paranoia-free. Whatever you do, remember to have fun and relish the experience! ;-)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: Stormdamage]
    #325323 - 05/24/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

nighttime kicks major ass tho -- i had an amazing amount of euphoria at night, but if you are lucky enough to get ego-loss, you wont even think about the euphoria. if i wanted euphoria bad enough id just do E, i dont care for euphoria as much as the visuals and spirituality of the trip

We're all mad here...

Offlinemindriot
Stranger
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: HB]
    #325935 - 05/25/01 11:03 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Allright I think I have it down. I talked to my friend and she is cool with trippin at night and at this point. Apparently this is where she goes camping with all of her friends. I will definently have cltohes for the occasion. I'm hoping we wont have to take the tent. I really wanna sleep out under the stars. I'm sure it would be fun. The two of us have gone through alot of emotional stress this year so I know we trust each other. She is all about trying this with me. She is into it and I can't wait. I've got close to a 1/4 and we're gonna split it. Some herb will take care of the missing mushrooms. As far as the laptop being sensitive I guess that is a good point. this is an old POS laptop but that is no reason to ruin it. I'll decide later. Water and some sweets are good ideas. I will take some of that.

Paranoia shouldn't be a problem. Our cells actually work up there, BFE, but there are only like a few people willing to drive as far up the trail as we'll be. No public, no unwanted people. It should just be a wonderful experience. I'm really feeling it now. It's gonna be fun.

Thanks

Invisiblehappy1
    #325987 - 05/26/01 12:54 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm all about the woods, day or night. spent 1/2 my day and 1/2 my night there today. in the middle of everything we sit down on a rock to rest a bit and i begin to search myself for ticks. can you believe i found 7 of those lil bastards on me. strip search out of the woods revealed another one which i had to half scrape out of my skin.
so what i'm saying is: have a blast but search yourself high and low afterwards(if ticks apply in your area).

If the slayer thinks that he kills, and the slain thinks that he dies, neither knows the ways of the Truth. The Eternal in man cannot kill: The Eternal in man cannot die.

--------------------
If the slayer thinks that he kills, and the slain thinks that he dies, neither knows the ways of the Truth. The Eternal in man cannot kill: The Eternal in man cannot die.

OfflineFloyd_
Stranger

Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: happy1]
    #326264 - 05/26/01 12:24 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

a good trip depends alot on who you are. personally i hate the day time, and all things artificial. if i were you i would walk way out away from roads and you car and music, build a fire and realize that long before technology primitive man lived that way, it's sometimes scarier than shit to see the expansiveness of time but i think it's good to realize that we are only living in the minutest period of time in the minutest point in the universe

"I am the walrus
Goo Goo Goo Joob"

--------------------
Dimensions

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: Floyd_]
    #326661 - 05/26/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

man i hate ticks, and chiggers, i got bit on the nutsack by a chigger once... my sac swelled to the size of a freakin football man! i'm tellin ya.. that would totaly change my trip to the bad one....

Keep Trippin' and Blazin'

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Offlinemindriot
Stranger
Re: Need some advice for a great experience [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #326684 - 05/26/01 11:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well guys and gals it looks like the trip is on schedule. Tomorrow is the day. I'm in a great mood. My friend had a car wreck friday after school so she's a lil stressed but I think the drive up the mountain will relax her enough. I'll be sure to let you guys know what all happens.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies