Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMemorex
Stranger
First timer, need some advice
    #3230080 - 10/07/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This weekend I'll be tripping for my first time with shrooms. I don't want it to be shitty and I want to expierence the full effects of it. I think i'll take it between 5-7 PM on Saturday, so it lasts all through the night too. I'm getting an 8th (3.5 grams), and I'm wondering how much I should take. My friend just tells me to do a whole 8th, since he is doing that. But on erowid, it says 3.5 is a STRONG dose, and around 2 grams is in the medium stage. But If I took 2 grams, then I'd have 1.5 left, and would that even make me feel anything? I dont want to take a shitty number and then have nothing left, so I dont see whwy not to take the 8th. Would you recomend an entire 8th for a first timer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: Memorex]
    #3230197 - 10/07/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Buy a quarter ( 1/4) but only eat 1/2 1/8 ( 1.75), and keep the rest for later in the month. You'll have a good time.

--------------------
You Can't Give It Up........

OfflineMemorex
Stranger
Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: McMushrooms420]
    #3230222 - 10/07/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Can only get an 8th though.... see, the guy with the shrooms is a dick whole and wanted to charge me 90 bucks for a quarter or 45 bucks an 8th. But my friend is real good friends with him, so he's getting 40 a quad. So I'm just buying an 8th from him for 20 since I'm good friends with him

OfflineJames_C
Stranger
Re: First timer, need some advice *DELETED* [Re: Memorex]
    #3230232 - 10/07/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by James_C

Reason for deletion: Sick Of It

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: James_C]
    #3230517 - 10/07/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Take the eigth man don't listen to these guys.

Don't be dumb about it. Chill out in a comfy place with no worries to invade your mind.

Listen to the mushroom and let her show you what she has to show you. Enjoy.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: vc77]
    #3230519 - 10/07/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah... Unplug the phone too.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3231110 - 10/07/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think itd be a lot smarter to try a half 1/8 first, since you dont really know how it'll effect you. Then you can judge from there. Better to underdose than over. Just my opinion

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #3231116 - 10/07/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see the reason behind unplugging the phone and turning off the cell. I personally love the intense crazy ring and vibration of my cell when i get a call tripping. It is also always interesting babbling incoherent nonsense to the caller. If u are taking a solo intraspective trip than yea turn off ur phone or unplug house phone so your voyage goes uninterupted, but if your tripping with friends and just sharing ideas and bonding than a phone won't hurt. Anyway enough of that, yea take the whole 8th have a clear mind and just go with the flow. you will never have a bad trip if you just go with it, and i've always learned more from my bad trips than the good ones, just food for thought.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3231131 - 10/07/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

but if you have a bad or overly intense experience on your first trip, chances are you wont get a lot out of it. I took a half 1/8 my first time and it was strong enough to have an enlightening 1st experience.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3231473 - 10/07/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sublime40oz said:
I don't see the reason behind unplugging the phone and turning off the cell. I personally love the intense crazy ring and vibration of my cell when i get a call tripping. It is also always interesting babbling incoherent nonsense to the caller. If u are taking a solo intraspective trip than yea turn off ur phone or unplug house phone so your voyage goes uninterupted, but if your tripping with friends and just sharing ideas and bonding than a phone won't hurt. Anyway enough of that, yea take the whole 8th have a clear mind and just go with the flow. you will never have a bad trip if you just go with it, and i've always learned more from my bad trips than the good ones, just food for thought.

I've read on here and hear around town of numerous accounts of people getting what they didnt expect the first time and calling their parents or 911. Therefore, turn off the phone, I dont care how good it feels to have that fucker tickle your slit when it rings, you'll kick your ass when your tripping in a hospitol/police car.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: Pathos]
    #3231485 - 10/07/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pathos said:
but if you have a bad or overly intense experience on your first trip, chances are you wont get a lot out of it. I took a half 1/8 my first time and it was strong enough to have an enlightening 1st experience.

My first time ever tripping I ate half the eigth, I got weak visuals, a body high, and I felt stoned.

My second time I ate the whole eigth and wished that was what I had done the first time. Its like you people think 3 grams is a mega-huge dose. It's like a level 3 trip for most people and everyone I know just "eats the whole eigth" and gets some good visuals and a case of the giggles. Intense!

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #3231594 - 10/08/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good point, I never considered calling 911 before though, lol. I have read about people doing that, boggles my mind everytime.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3231615 - 10/08/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing more disappointing than a weak first experience on a drug. Eat the 1/8.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #3231626 - 10/08/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vc77 said:
My first time ever tripping I ate half the eigth, I got weak visuals, a body high, and I felt stoned.

My second time I ate the whole eigth and wished that was what I had done the first time. Its like you people think 3 grams is a mega-huge dose. It's like a level 3 trip for most people and everyone I know just "eats the whole eigth" and gets some good visuals and a case of the giggles. Intense!

Everyone has different reactions. You dont know how you could react off an 1/8th. I say go with half. Everyones body reacts differently to different chemicals. Hell, i had 2 benzo's last night, was sober as, my mate of similar size had a half and was passed out in 15 mins.

Everybody reacts differently.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

#3231693 - 10/08/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My first time ever tripping I ate half the 8th, I got weak visuals, a body high, and I felt stoned.

My second time I ate the whole 8th and wished that was what I had done the first time. Its like you people think 3 grams is a mega-huge dose. It's like a level 3 trip for most people and everyone I know just "eats the whole 8th" and gets some good visuals and a case of the giggles. Intense!

The only reason I say take a half 8th is because when I introduced my friends to shrooms( they all took 8ths) one of them had a bad trip in which he saw all of us being pulled into quick sand and die, then he went to the car to sit by him self, when we came back and hour later he was in a pool of sweat and scared shit less. He said that he wanted to come find us but was too scared too leave the car. The rest of us had a good time and we tried to convince him to come with us but he wanted to stay in the car. Like someone else previously mentioned everyone reacts differently, what if he eats an 8th and has a horrible trip and is completely turned off to mushrooms. Just my opinion. What if you got weak booms you tripped your first time, what if he gets the bomb shit?
Also I do not consider 3 grams to be a "mega huge dose" I would consider a 1/2 oz. to be a "mega huge dose" for me at least.For you the crazy experienced tripper it's probably like 2 oz.  :tongue:

--------------------
You Can't Give It Up........

Edited by McMushrooms420 (10/08/04 01:27 AM)

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: McMushrooms420]
    #3232241 - 10/08/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

McMushrooms420 said:

The only reason I say take a half 8th is because when I introduced my friends to shrooms( they all took 8ths) one of them had a bad trip in which he saw all of us being pulled into quick sand and die, then he went to the car to sit by him self, when we came back and hour later he was in a pool of sweat and scared shit less. He said that he wanted to come find us but was too scared too leave the car. The rest of us had a good time and we tried to convince him to come with us but he wanted to stay in the car.

Like I told him before, he should go into it with a clear mind and be in a comfortable spot where doesn't have anything to worry about. Your other friend had fears which overwhelmed him when he started tripping, which every tripper experiences sometime in their life.

Quote:

Like someone else previously mentioned everyone reacts differently, what if he eats an 8th and has a horrible trip and is completely turned off to mushrooms. Just my opinion.

I could sit here and play the  "what if" game day long. What if he ate the whole eigth and had a mind-blowing amazing experience? What if he ate half the eigth and didn't get shit?

Quote:

What if you got weak booms you tripped your first time,

No, they weren't weak booms. I bought a couple oz's of some golden teachers from an old friend upstate. Sold a few, ate a few. My first time it was a combination of a low dose, and I had eaten a big bowl of spaghetti an hour before, which I think might have made the trip a bit sluggish and weak.

Quote:

What if he gets the bomb shit?

Good! Thats what we all want!

Quote:

Also I do not consider 3 grams to be a "mega huge dose" I would consider a 1/2 oz. to be a "mega huge dose" for me at least.

I dont know how much a half is where you're from but around here its anywhere from 12-14 grams. That a hell of alot more than a huge dose man.

Quote:

For you the crazy experienced tripper it's probably like 2 oz.  :tongue:

Crazy experienced tripper? I'll take that as a compliment. FYI, 6 grams is as far as I've gone, and that was far enough.

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
    #3232256 - 10/08/04 08:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

First time I did, i took 1/2 an 1/8th and I was a little worried about not feeling that much, but boy was I wrong. It was almost more than i bargoned for. I think you'll be set with half an 1/8th (1.7 ish g's). What else have you done?

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3233272 - 10/08/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I took 2.5g my first time, maybe a bit much if you are super insecure about the first trip but just gave me a little flavor of even having a risk of going into a bad trip. I think it was good first dose

For my friends I don't recommend 3.5g the first time, you should be a bit more patient and try a little less the first time.

Also I recommend you smoke a gram or two of some nice bud throughout your trip

have a good one

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

#3233279 - 10/08/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vc77 said:

I could sit here and play the "what if" game day long. What if he ate the whole eigth and had a mind-blowing amazing experience? What if he ate half the eigth and didn't get shit?

If he didnt get shit then he could try again with a larger dose. While annoying, at least he'd be an informed user.

If he ate the whole eigth and had an amazing experience, then good for him. But generally, the best trips are the intese ones in which you have a feel for what will happen to you. If youve never experienced it, you dont know what to expect, and the whole thing can be kind of confusing. He may not even remember most of what happened, which is an even bigger waste of shrooms.

If you want to get the most out of it, know what youre doing, then take a strong dose.

Offlinesploogepanz55
zoinks!
Male
Loc: Oregon!
Re: First timer, need some advice [Re: Pathos]
    #3233379 - 10/08/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i suggest taking a little bit more over half an 1/8th.
like 2 gramsish.
i did that on my first dose and had a BLAST!
definately tripping pretty nicely.
it was perfect.
My friend turned into a large salmon, a pizza was angry with me, and the floor turned into the ocean.
definately not a light high, but i never had bad vibes.
I suggest go slow at first and learn what you like and go from there.
some people like high doses, some dont.
start low, you can always go higher later.
dont rush it or the mushroom will let you know that you did.
good luck and have lots of fun.

--------------------
We can't stop here, this is bat country! -HST

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies