Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: PNW
URGENT! shroom discoloring after terrarium cleans
    #3226757 - 10/07/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Hi, so last night I had 5 cakes that I had dunked that I was going to put back into my terrarium. I cleaned the terrarium out before i did so. I cleaned the terrarium with bleach water because there was some nasty crap growing inside it turning the walls kind of grayish. Anyways, I stuck the cakes all back into the terrarium when I finished cleaning it (did the cleaning as quick as possible) And don?t worry, I did not dunk the cakes with the shrooms on them. I never dunked the cakes immediately after full colonization because I just found out about dunking (also I think I prematurely birthed the cakes before colonization was fully completed). Now my questions:
First, when I opened the terrarium this morning, the shrooms didn?t look so good, some of them started turning bluish green, from oxidization maybe? could the bleach smell that was still left inside do this? Also, as the pictures show, over a two day period, the shrooms didn?t grow at all hardly, and i think that they haven't grown any for like 4 or 5 days. The caps have started to wrinkle, like they are dehydrating, my feeling is that the shrooms are way done growing, like aborts maybe? I am guessing that they used up all the water in the cakes and couldn?t get any more.
So should I pick them immediately, or is it too late and they cant be eaten now. And can I still make spore prints from the larger caps even though they aren?t flat or convex?
Another question is that my cakes never really got a ton of furry mycelium on them like in most peoples pictures. What can I do to increase the fuzz growth. Make the humidity higher?
P.S. I know the cakes look pretty bad, I think it is probably from premature birthing, but mostly that the cakes without shrooms were just dunked.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT! shroom discoloring after terrarium cl [Re: GeorgeHayduke]
    #3226920 - 10/07/04 12:46 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

it looks like the steams are coverd with spores and they are a little dry they need to be picked and ate asap

as soon as the veil brakes pick them but i never grew off cakes caseing /spawning is the easy way to go unless you have lots of time

Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Edited by onetime (10/07/04 12:48 PM)

Loc: PNW
Re: URGENT! shroom discoloring after terrarium cleans [Re: GeorgeHayduke]
    #3226948 - 10/07/04 12:52 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Oh, yeah forgot to mention that these are the amazonian strain

I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: URGENT! shroom discoloring after terrarium cl [Re: onetime]
    #3226962 - 10/07/04 12:55 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

yes, you should have picked them as the veil was tearing.

they are dehydrated, are you lightly misting your cakes?

the blue-green discoloration is normal, don't worry about it.

your bottom right cake was prematurely birthed. that's begging for contamination buddy.

"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation