Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
grow room air circulation methsand otherandomshit
    #3225828 - 10/07/04 02:07 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

If you have a grow room (normal sized bedroom) and opened door and fan room out daily if not more, should you spray air outside (hallway area) w/ bleach H2O solution to decrease risk of contaminates circulating into room w/ new air? Or are trays (some pinning and maturing and some about to start pinning) not that sensitive to contaminates? And if they are not can i open a window to help with air circulation? Or, I have a mini window unit thats basically a fan that can blow in air or blow out air from the room... could I use this maybe instead of just an open window?

Thanks so much I love this place and u guys....by the way Im a new member I just registered. I tryed to grow shrooms before but I was keeping them at a girlfriends house and I dont know what she did or didnt do...but they whithered away and died cuz I wasnt able to be there and supervise... so Im attempting again and the syringes are in the mail on the way so im just asking questions now and taking care of any possible obvious future complications...

K... a couple other lil questions..
while youre waiting for mycelium growth in the canning jars...is it possible to over do it..Like have mycelium growth reach 110% and if this happened would it make it no good, or just make the yeild greater or make pinning faster or what?????

And I'm cultivating for mass quantities....so can i colonize qt. jars and then after 100% colonization dump and crumble it to make my trays...Im assuming that it should work the same as 1/2 or 1 pint jars except it may take longer to colonize 100% and just produce more colonized substrate stuff... whatcha think- itd be better just sticking to 1/2 an 1 pint jars? whats tha pros and cons

and if I were to use a hygrometer to monitor humidity what kind of chambers are best when using hygrometers and what kind of chambers are cheap and sufficient when doing mass quantity production in a spare bedroom?

Edited by mleigh (10/07/04 02:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: grow room air circulation methsand otherandomshit [Re: mleigh]
    #3225856 - 10/07/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Poormans Pod

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: grow room air circulation methsand otherandomshit [Re: mleigh]
    #3226135 - 10/07/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Do some research on bulk substrates (straw and/or dung).

Good luck.

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation