Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOompa_Shrooma
Stranger
Loc: Down by the beach BOYYY
Ooh fully colonized!!
    #322421 - 05/21/01 01:03 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Allrighty.. two of my jars are fully colonized.. now i just leave them in the light for a few days and they will start to pin, then they can be burthed and put into my grow chamber, right? once they start pinning they dont need to be exposed to light again or what? thanks..

by the way.. it seems they colonize mad fast when the tops are left off and the jars are in the chamber.. these two finished way before the rest are close to finishing..

Who can take a sunrise,
Sprinkle it with dew,
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two?
The candyman.
The candyman can.

--------------------
Who can take a sunrise,
Sprinkle it with dew,
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two?
The candyman.
The candyman can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Ooh fully colonized!! [Re: Oompa_Shrooma]
    #322494 - 05/21/01 02:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think you want to continue with the light after birthing. This will initiate even more pinning. They will pin when fully colonized and exposed to light. I can`t guarantee you a few days, though. Yeah, mad fast, once they get a breath of fresh air.

OfflineAleon_Niir
Stranger
Loc: South America/Scandinavia
Re: Ooh fully colonized!! [Re: puscle]
    #322503 - 05/21/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, they colonize mad fast if you give them fresh air, but if you screw the lid off and let them get air, doesn?t that increase the risk of contamination?

And if you are supposed to take the lid off, at what stage do you do that? How many days from inoculation/at how many percentage colonized of the cake?

/Aleon Niir

--------------------
/Aleon Niir

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Ooh fully colonized!! [Re: Aleon_Niir]
    #322513 - 05/21/01 02:41 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The lids should stay on until 100% colonization. Yes, you`re more likely to lose jars to contams with the lid off. One thing you can do is remove the tape and loosen the lids at 50% colonization, provided they`re in a clean environment. (not on the kitchen floor) A terrarium is ideal for this. Sorry if I confused you further.

OfflineAleon_Niir
Stranger
Loc: South America/Scandinavia
Re: Ooh fully colonized!! [Re: puscle]
    #322627 - 05/21/01 04:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks dude. Do you know anything about how many jars out of ten that (generally) will get contams if you remove the tapes and loosen the lids when the jar is 50% colonized?

Could be good to know before I try it myself =)

/Aleon Niir

--------------------
/Aleon Niir

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Ooh fully colonized!! [Re: Aleon_Niir]
    #322634 - 05/21/01 05:01 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thats really a hard guess to make. Many variables have to be taken into consideration. On average my friend may lose one to two jars per ten, but then again she has had many times where all came out successful. A good point to make is to make sure when you uncover the holes that you keep them in a very clean place, especially away from moving air( air conditioner, fan, constantly opening and shuting door), this seems to wreak havic on growing jars.

Its two in the morning......Do you know where your paperbag and flashlight are?information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds