Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

extracting the alkoloids
    #322380 - 05/21/01 01:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

well, i havent had too much luck lately.... 3 of my4 pf jars have failed, one by a very fuzzy webby kind of mold. and the other 2 were taken over bu that FUCKIN DAMN GREEN MOLD SHIT! is there anyway possible to extract the magic alkaloids out of a PF cake? ok im a little desperate... shoot me...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheMagicalMushi
Loc: Canada
Re: extracting the alkoloids [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #322396 - 05/21/01 02:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

you can just use the magical drink method.... if your finding it hard to sprout actual mushrooms.... thats what im goin to try ...... its in the growing section.... i think it seems like it would werk really good!

--------------------
"The closest thing to a lemon around here is that lemon shaped rock... wait a minute, theres a lemon behind that rock!"
- Bart Simpson

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: extracting the alkoloids [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #322398 - 05/21/01 02:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

It`s a bad idea. Some contams are absolutely deadly. Are you feeling lucky?

Offlinemagnusra

Re: extracting the alkoloids [Re: puscle]
    #322531 - 05/21/01 05:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yea definitely do not try anything with the contam cakes. And even the good cake is still not the best idea. For one vermiculite tastes like dirt, and it could contain asbestos, your better off just waiting for pins and shrooms, they will come. A friend of mine screwed up his first batch by birthing too soon (When they were 100% instead of pinning invitro), and he thought they would never pin but after 2-3 weeks viola they are now pinning like crazy!

* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

Offlinemiles
Re: extracting the alkoloids [Re: magnusra]
    #322536 - 05/21/01 05:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

one time i tried to make a tea with the cakes and strain them with a coffee filter....i couldn't get the verm taste out of my mouth for a couple days....show some patience and you will be fine. i know i will never try and strain a cake again

OfflineKrendle
veteran
Re: extracting the alkoloids [Re: miles]
    #322731 - 05/21/01 08:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Consumable cakes are usually rye--even then I'll bet its pretty nasty. With the proper (low) boiling, filtering, and recipe I'll bet its all palatable though. It's best with old cakes, not that effective with new ones and way too dangerous for my taste with contamed ones. Try cutting off your contams, casing, and dosing VERY carefully. Even if you have no faith in your casing skills, they were on their way to they garbage anyway...

This space has been donated to the WHBF. For more information, ask.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation