Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the events
    #3223797 - 10/06/04 07:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

When Cheney tried to paint a picture paralleling terrorism with Iraq, he used the example of zarqawi. Turns out the only time he was in Baghdad before the war was to get medical treatment. The rest of the time he was with the Kurds in the north, who Saddam hated.

Also, Cheney claimed that Mohammed Atta, a 9/11 hijacker had met with Iraqi intelligence agents before the attacks. Turns out that there is no evidence supporting that. The only got that from al-Shaykh who later recanted his story.

In a 1,000 page document released this afternoon, it stated that Iraq did not have any WMDs at the time of invasion. Saddam was further away from nuclear weapons in 2003 than he was in 1991. Iraq even destroyed all of it's stockpiles of biological and chemical weapons after the first Gulf War.

Looks like Dicky-boy ran out of reasons to justify the war in Iraq so now all they can say is "the world is better off without Saddam." Too bad they didn't use that argument when they were convincing the American people why they wanted to go to war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6192327/site/newsweek/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the events [Re: Worf]
    #3224001 - 10/06/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Looks like Dicky-boy ran out of reasons to justify the war in Iraq so now all they can say is "the world is better off without Saddam."

It's like spending all of your rent money on a big screen TV and then when your wife compains you keep saying "Our lives are better with a big screen TV. Our lives are better with a big screen TV. Our lives are better with a big screen TV."

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Learyfan]
    #3224086 - 10/06/04 08:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Learyfan]
    #3224134 - 10/06/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

that picture is the most appaling thing you've ever posted.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: ]
    #3224153 - 10/06/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You don't prove anything other than US intelligence was wrong about Iraq. What Cheney stated during the debate was what he believed going into the war. Regardless of whatever we learn in hindsight what matters is if the correct decision was made at the time based on the evidence available THEN, not now. You have not shown that according to the CIA, NSA or Pentagon told him any differently.

Despite your reasoning, it is impossible for Cheney or Bush to have read any intelligenc reports gathered after the invasion, before the war.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3224174 - 10/06/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

it is impossible for Cheney or Bush to have read any intelligenc reports gathered after the invasion, before the war.

But it wasn't impossible for them to go to the UN to plea for strenghtening of sanctions, and it wasn't impossible for them to let the inspectors have more time.........

They RUSHED to war, and for what reason?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Skikid16]
    #3224247 - 10/06/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The sanctions were not helping us (nor were they hurting Hussein)in any way and the inspectors were only seeing what Saddam wanted them to see as they were led around.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: z@z.com]
    #3224274 - 10/06/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Tonight, on MSNBC's Abram's Report, they had the Iraqi nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, author of Bombs In My Garden, and he said that sanctions kept Saddam from getting the centrifuges he needed to enter the nuclear realm.

As far as inspectors seeing what saddam wanted them to see, well increase the inspectors, tenfold.

I just don't see why there was such a RUSH to war.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous

Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: afoaf]
    #3224280 - 10/06/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: ]
    #3224730 - 10/06/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fiend said:
hahahahahah. good analogy.

Thanks, I like it to.

afoaf:  :eek:

Quote:

Simple. There was a rush to war because they knew they wouldn't find anything. Seems like a dumb thing to do, but look at how many people still support Bush. A President can do anything he wants. Just pass the blame to someone else and act innocent. Works every time.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Learyfan]
    #3224736 - 10/06/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Simple. There was a rush to war because they knew they wouldn't find anything. Seems like a dumb thing to do, but look at how many people still support Bush. A President can do anything he wants. Just pass the blame to someone else and act innocent. Works every time.

Sad....but very true.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3224768 - 10/06/04 11:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No, Cheney made it perfectly clear that Iraq was synonymous with terrorism. My point is that it isn't.

I don't give a shit who's intelligence was wrong. You don't launch a preemptive war against someone who you are not damn sure has WMDs, and has an intent to use them. Your intelligence better be fucking right no matter who gives it to you. Bush is soley to blame for either blindly following that intelligence or exaggerating it. Either way, he fucked up. Big time. Now he is too stubborn to admit he was wrong. Bush was just outright triggar happy.

In one of his speeches following up to the war in Iraq he made Saddam the proposition that if he would give up his WMDs that we wouldn't invade. Remember that? Why didn't he just say "saddam, the world is going to be better off without you, sorry, we are going to invade you whether you like it or not." Or "Congress please give me power to go to war soley for the reason that the world will be better off without saddam"?

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Skikid16]
    #3229022 - 10/07/04 06:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Tonight, on MSNBC's Abram's Report, they had the Iraqi nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, author of Bombs In My Garden, and he said that sanctions kept Saddam from getting the centrifuges he needed to enter the nuclear realm.

As far as inspectors seeing what saddam wanted them to see, well increase the inspectors, tenfold.

But, but, but, the sanctions killed 500,000 helpless little baby iraqis and its all America's fault. Serriously we are damned if we do and damned if we dont. Also on the show you watched did Mahdi Obeidi make it abundantly clear that Hussien was constantly looking to obtain nukes and that he was personally told by Hussien that he was waiting for the world's attention to shift from Iraqi so he could aggresively restart his nuke program(all of this post gulf war). Also he kept Mahdi Obeidi is hiding for years post gulf war just to make sure if anything advantagous happened he could easily restart his nuke program.

Also i thought it was funny how he named his book because Hussien kept the plans for nuclear developement safely burried under the garden of one of his palaces.

I really wonder what the fuck could be burried somewhere under Iraqi.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: d33p]
    #3232706 - 10/08/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I really wonder what the fuck could be buried somewhere under Iraqi. 

Ancient relics,Kurdish corpses,dissenters,all those Iraqi babies. Just what you'd expect to find in a war torn country run by a despot and over run by a bigger one.If there is anything buried out there chances are anyone who knew where is dead or would play hell finding anything again w/o a damn good treasure map.
It does not really matter what is buried there when you consider what is buried right in America,eh?
WR:wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: whiterasta]
    #3232727 - 10/08/04 01:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If there is anything buried out there chances are anyone who knew where is dead or would play hell finding anything again w/o a damn good treasure map.

Doesn't make sense. Why bury your WMD where you can't find them again? What the fuck is the point of that?

"Hey guys, I've got a crazy idea..lets spend millions developing WMD then bury them where we can't find them again. Who'se in?"

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: d33p]
    #3234187 - 10/08/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, so Saddam Hussein might have developed weapons that he might have given to terrorists that might attack the United States? C'mon! Give me a break!

Saddam's WMD capabilities were decaying, not gaining while under the inspections.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Worf]
    #3234320 - 10/08/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Saadam invaded a neighboring country, and was forcefully removed from it. He agreed to certain terms so that he could remain in power within his own country. HE DID NOT LIVE UP TO THOSE TERMS 100%. He paid for it and so did his people.

If you are dealing with WMD in the Terrorist age, you have to be 100%. A B+ cuts it on your BioChem test, but it doesn't cut it when you are evading your own agreements on Disarming your nation of WMD.
Saadam was being judged by more then a single nation, and each of the nations had there own standards of acceptable behavior. The USA needed the A+ after 9/11/01, we only got the B+. Maybe that is good enough for you, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the eve [Re: Worf]
    #3234572 - 10/08/04 10:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

outputrotation said:
Okay, so Saddam Hussein might have developed weapons that he might have given to terrorists that might attack the United States? C'mon! Give me a break!

Saddam's WMD capabilities were decaying, not gaining while under the inspections.

Anthrax doesn't "decay".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion