Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Freeing Myself From Nicotine (Log)
    #3221974 - 10/06/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I actually stopped smoking on Sunday, but I slipped on Tuesday (1 cigarette) and today (7 cigarettes :crazy:). Well, this thread is not going to be anything interesting - just how many cigarettes (if any) I have smoked today and why. It just helps me to hold on if I share it with others :smirk:

Today I smoked 5 cigarettes in the morning before going to school and two in between the lectures. I really don't know why :shrug:

O.K. I'll stop thinking about cigarettes now and go to make some tea...

:heart:

--------------------

Edited by ivi (10/12/04 08:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: ivi]
    #3222208 - 10/06/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

YAY FOR YOU!!! I wanna quit too - i'm lookin to you for some shared support. haha.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #3223558 - 10/06/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey can i do it with you? 3 yesterday 4 today...

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3233349 - 10/08/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good choice. 

Good for you.

And good luck :smile:

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3233668 - 10/08/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

a mod should sticky this and rename it as the official nicotine quitting thread :thumbup:

glad I never started smoking :laugh:

you can all do it, you just have to be strong and say NO! and just don't buy another pack.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: stefan]
    #3234627 - 10/08/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

its pretty tough...i smoke when i'm drunk and don't really crave cigs when i'm sober but when i get drunk i go insane if i don't have cigs. i should have never started at all because it really sucks that i'm looking forward to when i get drunk later and get to smoke cigs. i could quit if stopped drinking for two weeks, but there's no way that's happening cause i'm addicted to that more.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: TODAY]
    #3238186 - 10/10/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Its hard as shit, i quit cold turkey tuesday. I slipped on thursday with one but thats it luckally. But i have no cigs, i need no cigs. Man this fucking sucks.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3239448 - 10/10/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I totally fucked up. I had some mushrooms last Thursday and my trip was going in the wrong direction - I suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks, then I started to blame the lack of nicotine in my organism for all those negative emotions and ran to the shop to get some cigarettes, hoping that they will save me from the bad trip. Well, physically I started to feel better, but then I bought another pack the next day, then another on Saturday. I'm so weak... :mad2:
I bought a pack today too, smoked around 5 cigarettes, then I thought :wtf: and threw it out.
So basically I've been fucking around the whole week without any results. Starting again from zero - clean into Monday.

--------------------

Edited by ivi (10/10/04 03:35 PM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3239472 - 10/10/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I even bought a book :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by ivi (10/11/04 05:27 PM)

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
    #3242468 - 10/11/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quitting smoking has to be the most important thing I have ever done in my entire life. I smoked a pack a day for 10 years. It will be 2 years this Feb. that I quit.

I highly recommend the patch. It helps SOOOO much. I've tried cold turkey, but it's DAMN hard for the first 2 weeks I find. So personally, I just used the patch for 2 weeks to get over the main hump. After that, it was much easier.

I haven't slipped up once, and neither can you. You need to remind yourself when you get the craving just how bad you'll feel if you break down. It's just not worth it.

Also, it's almost crucial that you distance yourself from other smokers - they're only going to tempt you. I actually broke up with my girlfriend because she wouldn't quit with me (we were together 3 years), and I felt she would never quit. But that's just how serious i was, and i think anyone who will be successful has to be that serious too.

All i can tell you is, you have the power within you to do it! When you quit, the benifits are almost immediate, you'll start feeling so much better!

It's SO important that you quit

I wish you the best of luck.  :sun::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: Cornelius]
    #3242782 - 10/11/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, that's awesome!!! :laugh::thumbup: And thanks for the wishes :smile:

I think I want to stay out of the nicotine patches though (I have tried both patches and gums in the past, but they never really helped me to DROP smoking). What I want to do is to get into the right state of mind and cut the nicotine supply to my organism forever. I think it's the best way and I'm sticking to it.

Not a single cigarette today!!! I'm so happy and satisfied. My first day being a non smoker :laugh: And that book actually turned out to be a good support with avoiding of 'one more cigarette' and staying in high spirits about it.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... :crazy2:

How are You doing, reflectedlight?

--------------------

Edited by ivi (10/11/04 02:19 PM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine [Re: TODAY]
    #3242825 - 10/11/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm actually pretty worried about what will happen when I get drunk (for example there is a party planned at the university on Thursday night). I know that every single time I was trying to give up smoking in the past, I always slipped when more or less drunk. I think I'll just try not to have more than two or three beers at a time (if any) for the next two or three weeks...

How does one get rid of this stupid association between the taste of beer/wine/cocktail etc. and a smoke right on it?

--------------------

Edited by ivi (10/11/04 02:21 PM)

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3242849 - 10/11/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I quit smoking cigs about 4 years ago. I smoke a pack a day for 14 years. Quitting was hard for like 6 months. I tried several things. But what worked for me was this...........

It is a mind set that I went into. When we get a cold, what can we do?? Nothing but wait it out right?? We don't freak out and tell ourselves I can't do it. This sucks etc.....

We learned to suffer thru it as kids and now a cold is no big deal. It only lasts a week or mabey 2 right??

When I realized quitting cigs is the same It became very easy.

I convinced myself that the pain of no cigs is like the pain of a bad cold. And if I can get thru a bad cold then these fucking cigs are nothing.

So I suffered for a week. I then suffered another week. And then I was fine. I still get cravings from time to time. But I also get colds from time to time.

Anyway the mind is a very powerful tool. Train your mind to treat cigs like a cold. You will survive. You will make it. You are greater than a cold. You are greater than cigs.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine -- Log [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3243362 - 10/11/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You still get cravings after 4 years of non smoking?!?! :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3243525 - 10/11/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes yes But, they only last a few mins or seconds.

--------------------

OfflinePsillyOne
One I
    #3243822 - 10/11/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Five years since my last coffinail and I still get cravings almost every day....often fairly intense....It's a wicked drug....

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine [Re: PsillyOne]
    #3243888 - 10/11/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Now I'm confused. Should I just go on trying to quit myself or should I strictly follow the Easyway program (described in teh book I bought). It says:

Quote:

Please don't even try to stop smoking until You have read through all of the book. The appetite for smoking will drastically decrease during reading it. Do not quit in half way, it can even be fatal.

Quote:

Failure can occur in two cases
  • Inability to follow the guidelines
  • Inability to understand

:wtf:

Sounds serious, but this book was recommended to me by a doctor as the best one available. Should I do what it says? :confused:

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine [Re: ivi]
    #3243927 - 10/11/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Aight, the more I read into it, the more it makes sense, so I guess I'll just do exactically what the book says. Lets see if this Easyway thing werks as good as described. It's only 200 pages so it shouldn't take much time to get through it. I peeked into the last chapter and it's about smoking the last cigarette right after reading it. Wish me luck :smirk:

Back to reading...

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine [Re: ivi]
    #3243945 - 10/11/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Look cigs are like having an extra thumb
You learn how to deal with it. Once you become hooked you are going to live with it forever. I still deal with it. You will in 5 years also. I am not trying to give you a bleak outlook just the real deal. If you can't learn how to deal with craving you will lose the battle. If you think you are going to quit because the craving leave you are sadly mistaken. They get less intenese with time but they still pop up every few days or weeks. I have talked with some people who say they " Never have any craving for cigs after quitting" But I think iit is a way of them to deal with it.

Cigs and the craving suck big time.

Goodluck

It is all in the mind

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Freeing Myself From Nicotine [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3244026 - 10/11/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
It is all in the mind

Agreed.

Quote:

Stopping smoking is not the real issue. You actually do that every time You light out a cigarette.

So the update on my crusade is that I'm doing verbatim what the book says - so I read it with a cigarette in my mouth. Looking to finish it in two or three days so i'll be smoking for some more time and smoke my last cigarette when the book says to do so.

Call me stupid and weak, that it's not about the book, it's just that I want to smoke (which I sure do), but I do believe I have greater chance to succeed this way (following a tested method) than pressing myself not to smoke counting seconds I have spent without a cigarette.

I know that millions of people have dropped smoking thanks to this book and I am to become one of them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder