Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethemystik1
Stranger
Writing while on mushrooms?
    #3222977 - 10/06/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Has anyone tried writing while tripping on mushrooms? I am writing a screen play and I would like to try writing while tripping. I have tripped many times and I think I could write after taking a smaller dose. I was thinking about taking a little less than half an 8th (Made up of half stems and half caps) and then putting on some chill music and write. Anyone try it? How was the writing when you read it the next morning?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Writing while on mushrooms? [Re: themystik1]
    #3224414 - 10/06/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've written on trips, mostly high intensity trips...

I read it the next day and it's very all over the place. my mind couldn't nearly stay focused on one thing long enough for me to just get a line down in 1 topic.
It was really sprawled too, kinda kooky..

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineHBS
Male

#3225010 - 10/06/04 11:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i tend to draw on the comedowns of trips, since i can then gather my thoughts better than during the peak, with infinite inspirations and the ability to convey them in an stylistic but orderly way

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Writing while on mushrooms? [Re: HB]
    #3225083 - 10/06/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've found drawing while tripping to be a little less productive than I hope it will be. Draw a line... wander around the room, stare at a banana, eat some candy, giggle at my shoes, draw another line... stare at it for a while, thinking "wow, that looks really good, there's so much I could do with this", then I look at it the next day and it's two lines.

I have actually drawn a few little doodles while tripping that turned out kinda neat, but nothing very intricate. It's hard to stay focused on one thing.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Writing while on mushrooms? [Re: Phluck]
    #3225166 - 10/07/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i can doodle and write coherently on the come down, but before that i can barely grasp the basics of the english language. my brain is just in such a different place that all the symbols & letters seem really alien.

on my last come-down i ended up writing:

"It's as if, even as I'm writing this, my mind is fighting between staying 'home' or going back, and if I go back I won't even be able to understand what home is. I'll think I know, but I won't." - [regarding the sadness of leaving mushroom peace/world]

"I've lost my home! I mean, I can still see it..." - [also regarding slipping away from mushroom land]

there's a blank circle about two inches big with a line running away from it, and at the end of the line I scribbled:

"I just had my pen hovering over that spot for a good amount of time trying to figure out how to draw what I had seen on my trip. As you can see, it's clearly, and beautifully, inexpressable. : )"

I also wrote, after trying to explain what I had gone through rather vaguely,

"Why do I fuckin write like a scientist??
Who am I trying to be??"

i wrote some other stuff too, but it has to do with my friends and i don't think anybody would care to hear that. i drew some neat mushrooms too, hehe. when i was writing my pen seemed so magical, like i was wielding the power of the ages or something.. language is indeed spectacular and mind boggling! :nut:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Writing while on mushrooms? [Re: Phluck]
    #3225532 - 10/07/04 01:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
I've found drawing while tripping to be a little less productive than I hope it will be. Draw a line... wander around the room, stare at a banana, eat some candy, giggle at my shoes, draw another line... stare at it for a while, thinking "wow, that looks really good, there's so much I could do with this", then I look at it the next day and it's two lines.

:lol:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3227498 - 10/07/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i bring a pen and pad every time but i've never managed to touch either during a trip.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineCanonPants
busy lurking
 User Gallery

Re: Writing while on mushrooms? [Re: TODAY]
    #3234754 - 10/08/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I always see this familiar pattern every time I take mushrooms, and it's usually when I close my eyes that it apprears on every surface of the 3d world that is in my head. It's almost like a million swastikas all attached together, but then again, it's nothing lke that at all. It's nearly impossible to sketch onto paper, and I've tried numerous times. Mush just doesnt mix well with reality.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media