Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
S-o-G
    #319186 - 05/17/01 06:15 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

sheesh---so why didn't ServantOfGod make it to this forum, anyway?
this is the place for his mormon ranting, dontcha think?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: S-o-G [Re: gnrm23]
    #319202 - 05/17/01 07:03 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

he is a mormon so there for he is a confused soul, he is in a religion that is the furthest from the truth, all the lies and decieving that the mormons taught him has confused him so much he don't know where he's at are where he's going..

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: S-o-G [Re: Taz]
    #319266 - 05/17/01 10:00 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

heh, i just love it when biblethumpers & mormons rumble...

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #319311 - 05/17/01 11:17 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

mormons suck

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: S-o-G [Re: Jenny]
    #319335 - 05/17/01 11:56 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ya, but fortunately the rest of humanity blows enough to equalize the pressure, otherwise there would be a terrible explosion...

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #319373 - 05/17/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

if you're anything of a conspiracy theory buff, check out _Salamander: The Story of the Mormon Forgery Murders_ by Linda Sillitoe and Allen Roberts

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: S-o-G [Re: Jenny]
    #319383 - 05/17/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ah, hehheh...
once (and only once, heh...) a couple of neatly dressed mormon missionaries came to my door... well, like the JWs, i didn't invite them in, but did chat with 'em for a couple minutes... they were surprised when i told 'em that i had a copy of the book of mormon in my religion shelves in my basement library... but they had to correct me when i pronounced angel moroni with a short second "o"; supposed to be long "o" sound, hehheh... well for some reason they never came back, i dunno, coulda been the glint in my eye...
~~~
do you know that joseph smith & 2 lieutenants were dragged from their jail cell in illinois by an angry mob and lynched? polygamy and scriptural revisionism seems to bring out the worst amongst us "gentiles" somehow...
~~~
oh, and there is sworn testimony by reputable neighbors of young smith as to the actual existence of the golden plates comprising the book of mormon, hand-delivered by angel moroni, and also the magical translating spectacles urrim & thurrim (or something like that, sheesh) before the revealable portion (& the still sealed portion) of the book was returned to the most high...
the pages of the book were covered in indecipherable heiroglyphic writings, which were easily read when smith donned the magic specs & went behind a curtain to dictate the words, to be taken down for posterity by his followers...
(NOTE: "indecipherable" heiroglyphics---well, the rosetta stone had not yet been discovered to be the key for translating greek/demotic/heiroglyphic texts; BUT ever since napoleon had pillaged egypt during his african campaign, egyptomania had swept europe and america... and it is undoubtedly possible that joseph smith visited one of the traveling artifact exhibits... if for no other eason that a copy of a portion of the heiroglyphic text of the book of mormon was copied & preserved for posterity (& when translated in the late 20th century by a mormon scholar, turned out to be instructions for preparing a mummy, and had nothing to do with to sojurns of lost israelite tribes in the new world or messengers from the heavenly father...)(and for his efforts, the mormon scholar was excommunicated by the LDS...)
and it has been pretty-much proved that smith lifted his premise of the "lost tribe in america" motif from a popular early-19th century novel... (and let's not even get into the angelic improper grammatical structure of the book of mormon---one would think that a messenger from god would be able to use english real proper-like, forsooth... i guess smith was trying to generate an "old testament-sounding" text...)
~~~
sorry for offense to any mormons reading this... pretty much any religious text would probably show the "maker's mark" if we were able to delve deeply enough into the hows and whys of which they wrote (but unfortunately we are too seldom able to get close enough to the original), but in the case of joseph smith/moroni generating the book of mormon, the "hammer-marks" of the diligent mythmaker are all too evident...
~~~
(i'm not gonna be on a hit list for mormon death squads now, am i?)
(& as for burning in hell for eternity---well i guess i'll just have to take my chances like everybody else... do you know how much they charge for a glass of icewater by the lake of fire? c u there...)

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #319458 - 05/17/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

the local mormons were much more boring than the JWs. i remember as a youth the JWs came for a visit during spring break from school (i was home alone), opening with the question "have you ever wanted to play with a lion?" they explained that eventually God is going to reconstruct the populus, destroying all the sinners and restoring peace to Earth, hence animals and people will live together in peace. he gave me a pamphlet with a picture of lions and lambs and children having a picnic together, and asked if i wouldn't mind reading it and said that they'd return a week later and ask me some questions. i threw it away and forgot about it, and when they came back they were all flustered. but i was lucky, 'cuz even though i didn't take them seriously, they didn't want me to be destroyed and were still going to offer me free bible lessons. i was into Discordianism then and single-handedly out-weirded them. ya know, of course there's a God, and He is a girl! His name is Eris! oh, those were the days... :) the mormons were always clean cut kids with traditionallly bland propaganda, they'd come by when i was even younger and were great fun for a kid with a budding interest in philosophy - i argued with them a lot from the opposite side of the dogma spectrum (angry, cynical atheist) until they were red in the face, they never got any brownie points with God from me.

lake of fire? p'shaw. but ya may wanna stay away from that salt lake - perhaps not a deathsquad, but you do know they blacklist those who badmouth the church, making it very rough to find a decent job in Utah.
eternal hellfire? tell 'em that Eris will turn them into a precious mao button and distribute them to the poor in the region of Thud!

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinepan
Loc: here
    #322243 - 05/21/01 05:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Just had a Mormon confrontation scenario meself yesterday, by chance....

They were flummoxed by the FACT that by going round and preaching their religion they were CAUSING pain and conflict.

(See Krishnamurti... "On religion rises that presches for universal brotherhood, say, christianity. Another rises that preaches universal brotherhood, say Islam. Catch 22. They are in conflict as different religions.

Strange though, no matter how I put this all they did was try to quote scripture... Who said the art of discussion's dead?

Well onward and upward, perhps to living in Ireland for me sins...

Namaste,
Pan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order