Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKatrina

Best hygrometer????
    #3222109 - 10/06/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I bought this cheapy hygrometer from a pet store, would never go above 85%, so I did that salt calibration thing and it is off by like 13 marks. You barely tap it and it goes all over the place. I want to go buy a nice reliable one..not too high end, but not a piece of crap either. What brand/model etc., do you guys use that has worked well for you. I found so many diff kinds, I don't know what to choose and I don't want to get another dud. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Best hygrometer???? [Re: Katrina]
    #3222124 - 10/06/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Metal and glass... Try to find one with a brass face and a glass globe. Basically, if you tap it and it moves, it's probably cheap plastic crap.

That said I have a plastic one myself but it's very accurate... Somehow... Visit a tobacco store. Better yet, find one online and save some money.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3222127 - 10/06/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i find the digital ones can be off when the rh is high. i have one of the slightly more expensive analoge ones from the pet store, it seems to work fine for me. i think the brand is petmed, it has little lizard on it if i remember correctly. i still use the digital ones anyway, cause i like that they change faster and can record the days humidity. i know u said u didnt want to spend alot of dough, but just in case you change your mind i saw this guitar humidifer/thermometer thing, and it seems pretty accurate, plus it records the humidity and temp throughout the week(i think?). if i needed a new one this is definitly where i would put my money.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3222193 - 10/06/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Analogs are off just as much as digitals, it just depends on how much you spend. Buy a good analog or digital in order to get acurate readings. Cheapest good digital I've found is the Caliber 2. Check out eBay for it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #3222206 - 10/06/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't mind some suggestions from the people who have had one for awhile. Maybe a few different brand names to work with and checkout. =)

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3222229 - 10/06/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have 1 from springfield. It advertises at upto 7% error above 80%RH, but I get 95% from hot wet towel and 99% from PMP. $12, it's digital and has that memory thing to track max/min daily or running. Also has temp gage. It's a little on the large size. Little taller than a wallet.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3222624 - 10/06/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After much research, the best consumer grade hygrometer I have been able to find is the Caliber II.

It is less than 20$ shipped on eBay, and is accurate +/- 1%.

I just got mine the other day, and it is great. Measured exactly 75% using the salt test.  :headbang: :thumbup:

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3222656 - 10/06/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

western digital is the shit!! check them out.
you can get a base station with 3 remote sensors all with temp and humidity, they arent too pricey. i use one in my incubator and one in my fruiting chamber, one is for my plants.
dont even have to look in to see if things are proper. got mine at target. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order