Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
I Refuse to lose! (at growing shrooms)
    #3221768 - 10/06/04 08:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think I posted on here a while back cos I was pissed off at how I was getting no pins after a week of full colonization and a week in my propagator. I've been in this situation now for well over 3 weeks and I think I am getting ready to give up. Tried a temp drop, changing light levels etc., and whats more after increasing fanning I've got more bluing appear. Arghhhhhhh!!!! They jars were quite quick to colonize and I thought everything was going great, at this point I expected to have loads of lovely shrooms, but no, all I have is a tank of stagnating shit. I don't know whether I'm asking for advice or just moaning but damn am I pissed off at what a waste of time and money its been. I am prepared to try again but I'll need more spores and frankly I'm quite skeptical about the whole shrooms growing thing now. One thing I will ask though is if I were to try again, what strain should I try? The strain I am trying to grow at the mo is amazonian. Is this a particuarly difficult strain which requires scrict conditions? Just a thought of maybe why I was having no luck. Anyway, enough of my rambling, I knew this idea was too adventurous to actually work....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: I Refuse to lose! (at growing shrooms) [Re: HilltopNomad]
    #3221793 - 10/06/04 08:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Keep at it! I'm probably going to be sharing your frustration later on, but from the sounds of it, you have problem with humidity. That's my guess. Good luck! I am in a similar situation where the mycelium is almost completely covering the glass surface but it's a bit thin. I'm under the impression the mycelium network has to mature quite a bit before it'll fruit. So, trying to pin a immature mycelium would be like premature baby, needs a lot of attention and takes even more time than in the womb to mature to regular birth weight.

Also, if you do give up and try with another strain, try to make jars with a slight differences. Like 60cc water in a couple, 70cc in another, 50cc in another, and so on. Label them so you know. Also, run your terrarium well before to work out all the kinks. Sounds like you don't have a PMP set up, so I think having one and also setting up Tub in tub would be a good idea as well. Just trying to give you some advice to maximize your chances... GL

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineVagrant
Fun Guy

Loc: earth
    #3221826 - 10/06/04 09:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm in the fruiting stage of my first grow and it's going pretty well. The perlite method works great for maintaining high humidity. If you follow the advice on this site, you're sure to get success sooner or later. Probably more sooner than later. The PF TEK BRF is very simple, and it's working well for me. Give it a try.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3222175 - 10/06/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You didnt mention humidity. A lack of moisture can cause the cakes to blue. I hope your giving them lots of humidity (99%) and spraying often.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

#3222199 - 10/06/04 12:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What temperature is your fruiting chamber?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation