Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
great ape

Loc: cipherland
how do you bake bread on an open fire?
    #3220611 - 10/05/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I can't remember what it's called, but I'm looking for a recipe for cooking bread on an open fire. I want to stick the dough on a stick and hold it over the flame cooking it like a hot dog till it's nice and done and tasty. Any of you have a good recipe for doing this? Egg-free would be sweet so I don't need to take eggs camping.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: how do you bake bread on an open fire? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3220789 - 10/06/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I am not sure how that would work. Pie irons are handy, i remember taken outdoor ed in highschool.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

this and that
 User Gallery

#3221114 - 10/06/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

i know you can mix some bisquick and water together or even beer and flour to make some simple dough. it won't be the best or tastiest bread, but it's something to work with.

if you want to stay barebones and take the least amount as possible, take some bisquick mix with you. then, when you're ready to make the dough, add some water a little at a time until it gets that workable dough consistency. then take a small amount, roll it long and thin, and wrap around a stick. hold it over coals, not flame.

when i go camping though i go all out, unless it's some sort of hike and camp. i like to dice some potatoes first, fry up some bacon, then cook the potatoes and then an egg. i can make some good shit on a camp fire..

are you taking a cooler or anything? any cooking supplies? what about milk?

if you want to stay even simpler, there's just simple flour and water. it's called hardtack...make some dough out of that, then flatten it out into some patties then throw them on a rock that's been by the coals or something. hardtack doesn't taste too great, but it's bread..

Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3221298 - 10/06/04 02:02 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

First you take some rye grain, we should all have 50 pound sacks of that shit lying around right?

Grind it up htrow it in a bowl, with some eggs, some yeast, some salt, let it rise, then you beat its freakin head in on the table see. Roll em a few times maake sure it aint got no spaie gas in it let it rise some more.

Now you build your self an old earthen mud/clay stove using gry grass as the base mold, make a nice 4 inch hick mound of clay on it. now comes the fun shit. Time to burn that bitch down right. So you light up the dead grass. See naw the mud migh crack a bit in fact it will. So you get some lime from the trunk witch should be right by the shovles see. Now mix it in the clay/ mud stuff. Now add some water and make a paste a moiste paste. once the grass burns out you build a small fire in it. and every lil while add a new layer of the lime mud shit mix. Once its dry and stops cracking you add a final finish coat. Now throw the dough in the oven take some hot coals and place in the small door way you left.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon, Rye Grain

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing