Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
your comments please
    #3220042 - 10/05/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i am currently seeing very good results from a multi-spore noc of cambos into quart jars affixed with polyfill lids and containing a substrate consisting of

white millet
verm
flaxseed meal
pure caffiene
springwater
the nutritious broth acquired from simmering the millet

i am just looking for comments, contributions, pertinent links, et cetera. im not trying to be very scientific with this one, but it might lead to actual experimentation if the results intrigue me.--k

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: your comments please [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3220504 - 10/05/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What are you asking? You have made a substrate (seems complicated as hell) and it grows well. Good job!

Anything else?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3220535 - 10/05/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if u want to get scientific do 12 quarts with that cocktail and 12 quarts with just popcorn. then innoculate with the same spawn at the same time. id be very intrigued by your results. dont hesitate with the pictures!

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleMykro_Guy
Myco Student
 User Gallery

#3221001 - 10/06/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

bring it on

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
    #3221524 - 10/06/04 03:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

millet and cambos? what more do ya want? :smirk:

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #3221729 - 10/06/04 07:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if i were to be scientific i would have to use an isolate of this strain that i do not have at the moment. also there is so much in here that its hard to say what is making said results. id have to break it down to prob grain + verm jars, some with diff aspects of this substrate, some with all, some just verm and grain (so it is still the same consistency) and what not. the great thing is that these jars are still relatively shakeable. its just a little bit more effort, next time ill prob add gypsum.

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #3233412 - 10/08/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ok, post shake--

dont think ive seen myc grow this fast; i dont think ive seen mold grow this fast for that matter. ~2 days between a shake at 25% and shake at 75+% in quart jars. Watching them as they grow, they basically recovered a bit from the shake and then exploded all over the fucking jars. I think this calls for the development of a new substrate formula, one improving on and more specific than that which is currently being used. This shit is way better than straight millet in my opinion and not much more complicated to make. it doesnt dry out anywhere near as easily as millet jars can, gives a more complex nute base, salvages the nutes cooked out of the grain during simmer, and maybe the caffiene is helping too though i feel that all tests regarding caf that i have come across are inconclusive. ill have to do a start to finish growlog with this or a similar substrate soon.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3233752 - 10/08/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

And try it with just white millet and verm. I think you'll find the verm is where alot of your speedy growth is coming from as it certainly does do that..more water but not excess water (which would be bad).

I don't know about all the other hub bub in there. Caffiene was never tested at all to increase growth in mycelium, coffee however was (because of its extra nutes being soaked in).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: your comments please [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3234331 - 10/08/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, thats what my posts have said. nothing scientific, nothing definitely attributable, but im expecting greater flushes than with just grain and verm bc of the extra nutes. the caffiene is very suspect, and i plan on doing experiments that are actually scientific in the near future. like i said before, these jars keep correct moisture more easily but there are a lot of nutes in that liquid that isnt there in just grain and verm jars. i plan on doing a plethera of recipes to test using isolated strains.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation