Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!)
    #3219921 - 10/05/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Guys!

Ok, so here?s the deal. Unfortunately swami?s 3 month challenge never materialized, but here, in the meanwhile, is Moonshoe?s 2 month challenge. Sure it?s a little bit shorter, but I think you?ll find it?s far more extensive, and challenging.

Today, in short, is the first day of my new life, and I want all of you to come along as my witnesses. The following is a list of changes I have decided to make to my life. It is a long list, comprised of new routines, schedules, habits, goals and resolutions. It will cover nearly every aspect of my life, from the material, to the physical, to the mental, and definetly the spiritual.

But first, heres a little info on my life right now, as it has been since I came back to school. Generally I get one or two decent meals in the day. I rarely if ever eat breakfast. I am averaging 2 cups of coffee a day, and less than 7 hours of sleep. My general energy/mood level has been low, and I have been sick for what seems like quite a while. I have been smoking weed multiple times daily and also doing cocaine every once and a while (very rarely but still), in addition I feel I have not been treating psychedelics with the proper respect. I have not been remembering my dreams, never meditating, praying etc and my tv/computer surfing time (the unproductive kind) has been far to high. I have not been working out for quite a while do to a back injury.

All in all I feel that I have gone steeply downhill since summer, when I was at a peak of mental and physical health. Today I feel I have the energy and determination needed to get back on track with a vengeance. So what follows is my list of changes.

Now, I am going to make a promise to each and every one of you users of the S and P forum. That promise is not that I will absolutely fufill each and every one of my goals, but rather that If and when I fuck up, I will let you know, thus giving me added motivation to do my very best.

Please read this over, give me and feedback and advice you can, and place your bets on how well ill do at keeping these resolutions!

Now without further ado, onto the list:

Health And hygiene:

Every Day I will eat 3 square meals (all 4 food groups) , breakfast lunch and dinner. No skipping.

Every morning I will drink a cup of green tea instead of coffee (green tea has antioxidants that cleanse the blood, combat cancer, and counteract some of the effects of aging) . I will take a pill of Echinacea (boosts the immune system) and a pill of goldenseal (speeds the detox process) as well as a balanced multivitamin.

Every Day I will brush my teeth twice (extra whitening), floss once, gargle with disinfectant Listerine twice, shower once, wash my face twice.

Big change: I will no longer buy any weed except on weekends. Seriously. I?m not saying I wont smoke at all, if a friend offers I will. But I will no longer spend any money on weed and therefore my use will drop enormously. I will not do ANY cocaine, and I will not do any psychedelics for at least one month. I may drink socially every few weekends.

I will drink 6 glasses of water a day at least, to help detox and flush toxins from the system

I will get a better sleep by going to bed before midnight, and also I have gotten a new more comfortable mattress.

I will improve my bone structure by wearing my new orthropedic shoes and getting regular chiropractic adjustments.

Exercise:

I will do some form of workout every day, according to the following schedule
Note: even if not stated, ever day will include a thorough stretch

Monday: Cardio
Tues: Body Weight
Wens: Weight lifting
Thurs: Cardio (jumping jacks, step ups, ski jumps, jogging)
Fri: Body weight (pushups, sit-ups, tricep lifts, squats, calf raises, etc)
Sat: Just stretching
Sun: Weight Lifting

Hopefully I will also soon be in either break dancing or a new martial art, but until then this workout schedule will be the all of it.

Academic Goals:

This year I will finish all my assignments and graduate with an 80% average or higher. This will ensure me at least a modest scholarship and a slightly substantial monetary reward from my father which I can use for traveling

Financial Goals:

50% of every pay check will be saved for my long term goals such as traveling the world (costa rica, then peru, than somewhere eastern)

Material Goals:

To spend my money that was previously reserved for drugs on clothing, books, and paint, thus helping me develop my wardrobe, library and art rather than just getting stoned.

Spiritual goals:

Every day I will perform 6 ?reality checks? (the kind used for inducing lucid dreams) at the following times: when I leave the house, when I return to the house, when I get on the bus to school, when I get on the bus home, when I enter the school and when I leave the school, as well as whenever I remember to throughout the day.
Every Day I will write down my dreams upon awakening, and as I fall asleep instead of idle fantasizing and day dreaming I will mnemenonically induce dreams by repeating ?I will remember my dreams, I will write down my dreams? I will continue to practice lucid dreaming as much as possible, especially on weekends

I will follow the following Spiritual exercise routine every day
(TM stands for transcendental meditation, or mantra meditation)

1. Progressive relaxation
2. TM
3. kundalini meditation (chakra Opening + balancing)
4. lightwork breathing (draw the light in with the breath, radiate the light out with the breath)
5. Prayer (prayer of thanks for blessings)

On Saturdays I will perform the Lesser banishing Ritual of the pentagram (from the hermetic/order of golden dawn system of magick)

Life Goals:

Learn to drive! Its sad that I haven?t done this yet and its definetly time! Time for some driving lessons!

So lets summarize:

Every day I will eat well, take nutritional supplements, follow a full hygiene program, get in a thorough exercise, practice meditation and prayer, cut back heavily on drugs, get an A mark in school,  Get a good sleep at night, cut coffee out of my life, remember my dreams, and save money for my travel plans.

Anything im forgetting?

Wish me luck and ill keep you posted! I think if I successfully follow this plan theres no way I wont improve my physical health, appearance, happiness, inner peace, and clear headedness.

:grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3220007 - 10/05/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck :smile:

Very ambitious schedule, but I think you can manage it :thumbup:

Keep us posted on the results :cool:

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3220094 - 10/05/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good luck I have a few "issues" with your plan, though.
I will drink a cup of green tea instead of coffee
First, let me say right now, Coffee is a great, great thing. Tea is good too. The thing is, though, that in the west what we call "green tea" is in most cases Oulong (sp) tea. Oulong is a fine tea, but it is not green tea, though it may provide you with at least some of the same benefits.

Every Day I will eat 3 square meals (all 4 food groups)
OUCH! the whole "4 food group" theory is a symbol of all that is wrong with the world. The dairy companies created the whole thing, and it's bunk.. designed more for selling certain foods than your health. I suggest you look into macrobiotics. That's some good shit. Stay away from atkins and all the other bullcrap.

When you've saved some money from your pot use I reccomend the book Healing With Whole Foods. It's the best book for learning about diet and health and such.

Until then, expand your repitoire of whole grains. Stop the white rice and go for brown (I prefer lundberg short grain organic.. tasty). Also try things like barley, couscous, millet, and quinoa. Quinoa is great because it is extremely nutritious, the only grain to contain a complete protein, and it cooks real fast if you need. Throw some beans in there.. lentils (reds cook fast, also try green and brown) and beans. Bean flakes from the health food store are great cause they are so cheap and you just need to add boiling water for a nice bean paste that goes with anything.

Also, one of the best diet things you can ever ever ever do when you wanna throw green stuff in your diet. This is really really really good advice so follow through. Get sprouting seeds. Usually in health food stores in bulk you can get at least alfalfa seeds, but there are all kinds, and you can sprout anything really.. any beans or grains. Just make sure you sprout seeds for eating and not for sowing as they could have been sprayed. Sprout tek:

Get quart jars
Get alfalfa sprouting seeds
Get elastic bands
Get cheese cloth

Put some alfalfa seeds in jar, just a little more than covering the bottom. Let soak in nice clean water over night. In the morning, drain water out through cheese cloth which should by now be attached to mouth of jar with elastic. Pour more water over seeds and rinse. Now rinse twice a day until they sprout and are green and edible. takes a few days. Eat them. Fresh sprouts beat the ass off lettuce anyday. They are the best.

Exercise
Don't do stupid excercise like jogging. All joggers break their knees I don't understand why they do it. Instead, you should do martial arts. And smart martial arts, mind you, with a good club. Don't do stuff that injures you. Stay away from Mcmartial arts clubs.

Learn to drive!
Did jesus drive? Did the budhha? Do I? No. At least, I don't own a car. Get away from driving it's bad take the bus and walk and bike. Driving is for devils and cars are evil weapons designed to kill innocent pedestrians and alchoholics.

Spiritual exercise routine
Find a method that satisfies your goals and stick with it. I'm not familiar with the stuff you list, but you should question why you use so many methods. I suggest seeking somebody who can teach one or two well, then you learn it and study it well and then stick with it and practice.

Anything im forgetting?
FUCK YES herbs and acupuncture. You have a back injury and need to turn your health around. Go see a DTCM. Do some research, find a good one, and visit many times. Depending on your city there may be schools of traditional chinese medicine, which means they have student clinics where the 4th and 5th years treat people in a clinic overseen by a professor. This is a cheap option, and it's the one I'm using. If you need a testimonial I smashed my skull recently and was unable to close my jaw and touch my top and bottom teeth together until an hour after my first treatment. It's very good for these kind of things, and a good herbalist can get your health kickin' large real fast. Go take care of yourself.

Also, switch from the qwerty to the dvorak keyboard layout. I don't use computers much, but I switched (easier than you'd think, don't need a new keyboard just change comp settings) and boom, you can type lots of stuff like I just did in a really short amount of time. Do it.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3220178 - 10/05/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck :thumbup:

Just remember, focus on one thing at a time :laugh:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3220196 - 10/05/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Mix! i really apreciate you taking the time to help me out with this, its still in the development phase!

"First, let me say right now, Coffee is a great, great thing."
hell yes. So is cocaine, but their both bad for you, so im trying to cut them both out (and yes i know cocaine is infinitely worse than coffee)

"The thing is, though, that in the west what we call "green tea" is in most cases Oulong (sp) tea." Cant say i know about this, its called green tea on the box, it is green, and it contains a shitload of antioxidants and it makes ya feel good.

"OUCH! the whole "4 food group" theory is a symbol of all that is wrong with the world."

um, maybe so. All im saying is i will eat some carbohydrates for energy, some meat or dairy for protein, and some vegetables and fruit with every meal. I think this is a sound eating practice.

" Stay away from atkins and all the other bullcrap. "

Obviously. Atkins is the opposite of what im talking about as they recomend not eating one of the food groups and eating more of the others (meat and dairy) Atkins is not a square meal diet.

"Until then, expand your repitoire of whole grains. Stop the white rice ... etc"

All this is probably great advice and i will do my best to follow it.

"Get sprouting seeds. "

yes these things are great, i will absolutely seek some out next shopping trip.

"Don't do stupid excercise like jogging. All joggers break their knees I don't understand why they do it."

true, true, to be honest i was lieing when i said i was going to jog, instead i just do cardio exercises like jumping jacks and step ups at home, precisely because of the knee thing.

"instead, you should do martial arts."

Absolutely, matrial arts are the most whole being exercise available (if you know what i mean? mind, body, spirit and self defence) and i plan to either go into a new martial art (judo injured my back and neck) such as jujitsu, kungfu or even tai chi, or else take a hiatus and learn break dancing. Not sure yet.

"Did jesus drive? Did the budhha? Do I? No. At least, I don't own a car. Get away from driving it's bad take the bus and walk and bike. Driving is for devils and cars are evil weapons designed to kill innocent pedestrians and alchoholics. "

Ha! i absolutely agree! the reason i havent learned yet is because i agree totally with everything you say! driving personal vehicles is destroying the enviroment and uglifying our cities. It is fueling the oil addiction that lead to war on iraq and enviromental distruction and air pollution. I will never own a car and i would much rather bus or bike.

However i think i should KNOW how to drive in case i ever really need to, just one of those things, for my own self confidence and so i can do more work for my dads company and thus earn more money.

"Find a method that satisfies your goals and stick with it. you should question why you use so many methods. "

Simply because i have many goals and each exercises adresses a different one. The reality checks are for lucid dreaming, the relaxation is simply a way to prepare for meditation, the TM is a way to enter a deeper trancelike state of concentrated relaxation, the kundalini is a way to balance the aspects of the spirit/mind/being represented by the chakras, and the light work is a way to purify the self and send out some good vibes into the world.

The prayer is a way of constantly reminding myself how damn undeservedly lucky i am , so as not to take it for granted.

I dont know of any single practice that could do all that at once.

"FUCK YES herbs and acupuncture."
Good advice and i would love to check it out. The thing is i am still quite young and my parents take me to the chiropractor a few times a week, and pay for it. I would feel bad asking them to shell out more time and cash for my treatments... ill look into it though i would very much like to get some of this kind of treatment.

"Also, switch from the qwerty to the dvorak keyboard layout. "

probably a great idea but until i next go keyboard shopping (maybe never) its just not in the works

Thanks again for your help Mix!

rock on

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3220200 - 10/05/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that's very cool.

action is key :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3220206 - 10/05/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck, for real...!  You have definately put some thought into it, and deciding that you are going to change, and defining the things you want to change is the hard part....  Very cool....  And even IF you were not to feel better with the healthy changes you are making (hypothetical), you would feel better inside just because you did it....  Creating pride in yourself from accomplishing self set goals is a drug in itself....  :smile:

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3220239 - 10/05/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yikes. It all starts tommorow, although i did do some preperation today. I cleaned the fuck out of my room, dusted, vacuumed, organized, disinfected, mopped, new bed, rearanged... took like 3 hours but now i have a perfectly organized space in which to work on perfectly organizing my body and mind.

I think getting through tommorow will be key, so its early to bed tonite, early to rise tommorow, a good breakfast, reality check, off to school, reality check, come home, work, work out, meditate, pray...

The thing is once all the things on the list are done, then what do i do ? my natural reaction is ok responsibilities taken care of go get high but i dont think i should. Itll be tough keeping my time occupied.

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3220311 - 10/05/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Read a book or something........i use to smoke everyday for years, untile 2 weeks ago, i jsut stoped....cuz think about it...you get hight, then what?....what if you just skipped the getting hight part?

If your serious about building a healthy body......percieve it seriously, doing 10 jumping jacks isnt gonna get you what your after..

do push ups untile your arms burn, then do some more,
same goes with abs and any body part....if you dont feel a particular muscle burning after a work out, then your not working out :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3220502 - 10/05/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Do you play any musical instruments...?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3220521 - 10/05/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

fraid not. Musically i am very not talented

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3220524 - 10/05/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Do you play any musical instruments...?"

Good idea!

or if you want to learn to produce music, I'll be glad to help you out, just PM me:)

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3220602 - 10/05/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nobody is talented when they first start out....!  It takes lots -O- time, and dedication to be good - and in moderation to a schedule, is quite rewarding....  It is very good for the mind, and very calming to the soul....  It takes your mind off of the world, and focuses it into your hands and your ears, and when you get good, it focuses your timing, coordination, and your creative mind....  I would highly recommend guitar....  :tongue2:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3220755 - 10/05/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

moonshoe, reading is a prime substitute for weed smoking. In fact, I was about to skip it in favour of a joint just as soon as I find my lighter. Read One River by Wade Davis. He's a BC boy, and you'll like it a lot. A ton. You'll piss your shit for it. Go to the library and get it right now. Going to the amazon before reading it would be the stupidest thing you ever did.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3220788 - 10/05/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

be the acoustic storm.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3221341 - 10/06/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"1. Progressive relaxation
2. TM
3. kundalini meditation (chakra Opening + balancing)
4. lightwork breathing (draw the light in with the breath, radiate the light out with the breath)
5. Prayer (prayer of thanks for blessings)

On Saturdays I will perform the Lesser banishing Ritual of the pentagram (from the hermetic/order of golden dawn system of magick)"

Wow, you have adopted every trendy spiritual practice you could find....TM...come on man, that shit went out with the 70s.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3221979 - 10/06/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that shit went out with the 70s.
that never stopped punk rock

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3221983 - 10/06/04 09:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it never stopped the acoustic storm.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Todcasil]
    #3222257 - 10/06/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Wow, you have adopted every trendy spiritual practice you could find....TM...come on man, that shit went out with the 70s"

TM is simply mantra meditation. Mantra meditation has been around for thousands of years. It didnt go anywhere, and it probably never will.

The rest of it, trendy or no, i adopted because it works, and has clear, easy to see benefits.

But if you know some more authentic, superior practices please do me a favour and share.

As for music, it just isnt happening. Ive just never been drawn to it for some reason, I took guitar lessons for a while, didnt enjoy it, quit and then found my true passion, judo.

I just dont have the musical mind, although i have every respect for musicians

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3222464 - 10/06/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

TM stands for Transcendental Meditation, a term which is a brand trademark of the Maharishi Mahesh yogi. It has been around since the early 60s and was a large fraud perpetrated against self styled cognoscenti types. It separated many fools from their money. People would pay to be given a "magic" mantra word that was all their own, that only they knew. This was supposed to give them many things such as helping them acheive wealth, and the inner circle of TM was said to have powers of levitation. "This could all be yours for a small fee!!!" many were told. Even the Beatles were taken in by this fake Hindu rip. Once people caught on that any word could be this magic mantra TM died.

"But if you know some more authentic, superior practices please do me a favour and share"

Yes I know one. Get a book on Zen meditation.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3222497 - 10/06/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Punk rock had/has an inherant value. TM was a rip.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3222589 - 10/06/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yah i know all that stuff about the maharishi and how they made people pay for teaching. But the basic practice was simply sitting quietly and repeating a mantra mentally or out loud, to enter a deeper state of concentration. That is all i am going to do. Just call it mantra meditation if you want.

And yeah Zen meditation is good, i will probably move on to the zen practice of 'just breathing' after a few weeks of TM, i simply find that form of meditation is slightly more challenging and i have an easier time tranceing with TM.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3222889 - 10/06/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, but calling it TM brings the Maharishi into it by virtue of using his trademark. Negative associations like this are best avoided in any situation hence my judgement of "trendy".

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3224392 - 10/06/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

alright, one day down!

I got a good nights sleep on my new matress, rememberd my dream, got up in time for a healthy breakfast of eggs, toast and fruit, had green tea instead of coffee, took my health pills, didnt smoke any weed, had a good free weight work out, did 2 homework assignments, got a test back (100%!) and now im going to do my meditations!

peace out yall lets see how long it can remain

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3224634 - 10/06/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds cool! Just remember, you may slip, and you have to be forgiving and allowing of that and pick it up again and move on. Don't let any slips or off days blow the whole program.

It helps to start the day with the atittude for it, ya know, set a tone that will carry you through. Before you get out of bed, do a morning attitude adjustment, it'll take a few seconds but make a big difference for the day.

You'll do great, thanks for sharing this with us. No doubt it will motivate many to do lot's of things they have been putting off. Sometimes people get so caught up in their spiritual health that they neglect care of the physical body. :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3230068 - 10/07/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

nice new avatar jiggy and good advice.

aight heres day two: progress continues more or less,

i got an even better sleep tonight and rememberd not one but 3 different dreams! good start.

I was able to wake up in time to get up, do all my hygiene, eat a good breakfast and even do an assignment i had been procastinating on! this is a big change! before i was lucky if i could get out of bed at all in the morning, let alone have time to do anything other  than throw on some clothes and chug some coffee. continued my herb/vitamin regimen, green tea again instead of coffee.

I got my math correspondence stuff (i have to teach myself now) and immediatly got started on the assignments and reading. I also did my daily work (for money) and i did my cardio exercise (100 jumping jacks, 100 ski jumps, 100 step ups, 100 jump-punches) modest, but enough to break a good sweat and get the old heart pumping.

i took a puff of weed today that was offerd by a friend but still havent bought any drugs. Head feels generally clearer and energy higher, body is already starting to regain its old carved shape.

My meditation yesterday was great, really deep and enjoyable, so ill definetly continue with that today.

I also used my evening time to read the tao te ching and the prophet, two of my favourite spiritual works, when i normally would have had my before bed toke.

Health is improving.

All in all things are staying cool.

A few modifications to my regime: instead of trying to cram all those meditations into a single night, i will choose one to practice for a good chunk of time each evening.

tommorow will be a test. Friday night is my party night...

im very tempted to buy a flap of cocaine.

:crazy:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3233793 - 10/08/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately swami?s 3 month challenge never materialized...

*sigh* Wrong yet again. A full report will be forthcoming in early January.

Good "luck" with yours.  :thumbup:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3233894 - 10/08/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if I'm depressed for giving up on my personal goals, or inspired to start again.

I feel terrible compared to when I was trying these things.

ugh

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Swami]
    #3233909 - 10/08/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Can you tell us what discipline (or lack of it) you have chosen to follow?

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3234174 - 10/08/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"*sigh* Wrong yet again. A full report will be forthcoming in early January."

my mistake. Correction: unfortunatly swamis 3 month challenge hasnt materialized yet . I look forward to the results!

"Good "luck" with yours."

thanks, you too.

What did you practices did you decide to adopt for yours?

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3236881 - 10/09/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

moonshoe go get that book I told you to get. Do what I say and you'll be enlightened.

OfflineZaphire
Pedestrian

Loc: Netherlands
Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3238638 - 10/10/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Moonshoe,

Like someone above said, be forgiving when you start to slip. It sounds healthy though, having goals and working up to them. I hope it works out just fine and it will.

However, I noticed the "Big Ol' Wavy" as I like to call it from now on. Mr. Bow seems to be able to make me slip and slide all over the place, leaving me disorientated, depressed and generally a wacko. I reached my peak at the end of summer, I lost 22lbs and felt kinda good. Somehow, it gave me a wrong sense of stability, like I would stay like this forever. Fortunately, the weight is more or less staying low, but my general health and activity level dropped considerably. I'm just starting to - this huge for me - just handle it and go on.

Like shrooms, some people have an onset, peak and landing. Like you know, peak time can be great, but is short lived in comparison with the weeks of baseline you'll spend waiting for another trip.

Even IF you fail, remember you can walk again. But only if you decide to stand up and take your rightful place as an precious individual in this strange large universe! *big applause*

Why am I somehow inclined to assume we are going to fail? It doesn't sound positive, but I want it to. Anyway, good luck man.

Last minute addition: my downs are as low as my peaks high, at least they feel so. Regimes like this will fail miserably here and will bring my confidence down to subzero values. Of course, that's exaggerated, I can handle it quite cooly now. :smile:

Btw, I'm new *waves around*

--------------------
It is up to you.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3238694 - 10/10/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey shoe, good luck with this... I have faith that you can do this, because I'm planning my own hiatus as we speak... and the only reason I think I can do it this time is because I actually have the confidence that I can do it this time. :P Sounds redundant, but when you're only "dealing" with yourself in a conflict, (Such as trying to detox from an addiction) your own confidence makes or breaks success.

I'm moving into my first apartment in 5 days. When I do, I plan to replace my current schedule of spending all my free time smoking weed with something very similar to what you've outlined.

It will mostly be exercise, vocal practice, and guitar practice, meditation.. but your list gives me some new ideas for my own, and I thank you for that.

So anyway, good luck to you. :thumbup: And look for a similar thread from me in the next 5-10 days.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3240298 - 10/10/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the support all and welcome zaphire, hope you stick around.

Well, i made an oath that when i slipped id let you guys know, and in a way, ive slipped.

i made it through a full week without buying weed and barely smoking any. I totally replaced coffee with green tea, i started each day with a healthy breakfast, an a vitamin and herb regime. I had a good workout each day and am already noticing that my carved out shape is more or less back. My energy is higher, ive been remembering my dreams, and i used my paycheck to buy a new hoody and a new touqe (canadian headwarmer :wink:  ) instead of just drugs.

But it was friday. And i still had money left. And i was so proud of myself for my healthy week, and all my friends were going out partying and i didnt want to be left out. And it  was  friday.

So... i bought a half gram of cocaine and  a gram of weed. Had an awesome night. Next day, woke up, took my medicines, ate my breakfast, cleaned my house, worked out, back on track.

What im realizing is that i started this challenge because i was feeling crappy. I felt like my personal power was low, like i was going downhill rather than up hill. So, i over compensated with a lifestyle that was ALL fun and no games.

What im realizing now is that although its important to keep up my health, mental and physical, and my energy, and my marks and my money, im young, and the party animal part of me is something that im not nearly ready to put down for good. So, im making a change to m schedule. No buying drugs during the week. At least half of each pay check goes to things other than drugs. I keep up all regimes during the week. But on friday nights, im allowed to do drugs.

Keep in mind before this schedule i was averaging just under a gram of weed a day, which is like, alot of money and really bad for my motivation.

I think this new schedule is a good balance. When i DO do drugs, i enjoy them way more, and during the week i can stay focused on the important things. This way when i get to do some drugs i really feel like im rewarding myself instead of just fuckin myself up.

Anyways, im feeling about 70% better already, after only a few days of this routine. I highly recomend everyone who feels there life has some room for improvement do this kind of thing. What is keeping you down? what are you doing that you wish you werent? what arenet you doing that you wish you were?

make a detailed list, and an easy to understand routine. keep it feasible, if you overwhelm yourself all at once youll probably just gvive up and feel even worse.

Anyways today was thanks giving, and i spent most of the day helping my parents get ready for the big dinner and then eating the dinner and drinking with my family after, so i didnt do anything on my usual list today, but its a holiday ya know.

Anyways i slipped up a bit. Nevetheless tommorow its right back to the grind, and i dont plan to let this scedule die.

Thanks yall, hope life is good to ya.

oh yeah an mix, next time i go book shoppin ill take a look for that book you recomended, for real.

Peace

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3242230 - 10/11/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That is precisely where I'm planning to go aftere the month off, moon.. back to just weekends. But I want to take a full month off first, because I've really felt a physical toll from my use and I'd really like to get back to 100% before I go back to weekends.

4 days til move out :grin:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3242395 - 10/11/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How's it going, Moonshoe?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Frog]
    #3242619 - 10/11/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

pretty good froggy thanks!

when i started getting back into school and other work routines, i was having a really hard time readjusting. During the summer i was free to do thing when i wanted, so i was doing really good keeping up with a healthy diet, lots of sleep, meditation, exercise, fresh air, etc...

Then when i was forced to readjust my schedule to fit school (waking up at 7 instead of 2 pm, going to bed at 11 instead of 4am etc) all those healthy routines were shit kicked. Id wake up a few minuites before i had to leave, skip breakfast, chug some coffee, be a zombie through class, more coffee, come home , sit in front of the tv and veg or go get fucked up.

By making a concious effort i was more or less able to reintegrate my healthy routines with the school schedule, it just took some adjustments, gradually getting a better sleep, forcing myself to eat breakfast, take vitamins and herbs, was very good for my energy, letting me enjoy and function better at school and be more motivated to do things like meditate and exercise when i got home.

Its a process but its alot quicker than i initially feared.

Jacquescousteau, if you are feeling the effects of too much use and want to detox, i highly recomend the following

Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, 1-2 glasses of green tea, take a pill of echinacea and a pill or 2 of goldenseal in the mornings, and exercise to perspiration once a day. Even if its just some jumping jacks or whatever, if you break a sweat you will detox alot faster.

I noticed that the main effects of laying off herb smoking for 3 days is a clearer head and clearer piss.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3242686 - 10/11/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want to seem judgemental or anything, but if you want my honest advise here it is:

If you are fully, 100% interested in spiritual advancement, do away with the cocaine and the marijuana. Physical pleasures can be blinding to spiritual awareness.

Of course, this has to be a self-decided transition. Don't take my word for it :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: deff]
    #3242694 - 10/11/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"If you are fully, 100% interested in spiritual advancement, do away with the cocaine and the marijuana."

I am glad someone finally said it so I didn't have to. At least the cocaine...that stuff is powdered death.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3242879 - 10/11/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"If you are fully, 100% interested in spiritual advancement, do away with the cocaine and the marijuana. Physical pleasures can be blinding to spiritual awareness."

oh no doubt man no doubt. But where do you draw the line? does that mean i should also be abstinent for my entire life? sustain myself on dry toast and water? no more warm baths or backrubs?

My understanding of spirituality is this

1. Understanding of the self, the world, and our place in it, where we came from and where we are going
2. compassion for fellow man and fellow life, striving to do good and not harm
3. Full awareness and concious enjoyment of life and its experiences

To be honest, im not sure where the idea of whats it called, asceticiscism? something like that (renunciation of physical pleasures) fits in...

A large aspect of spirituality is the realization that we humans are multifaceted beings, with a physical side, a mental side and a spiritual side. All of them must be developed, and we cannot renounce one and entirely focus on the others.

We must not become slaves to any one facet of the self. It is important to realize that material pleasures simply WILL NOT be fufilling to the soul, however i do feel that they have their place.

Prima Vitae, live first.

The time may come when i decide that the time for physical indulgences has past and i dedicate myself entirely to fasting, meditation and prayer. But now, not even 20 years old, the idea of renunciation just doesnt jive. Thats why i say im trying to bring more of a balance into my life. The week, the majority of my time, should be focused on physical, mental, spiritual, academic and financial development. But, for one or two days a week, im allowing myself to cut loose (still in safety and moderation)

as for cocaine, i fully realize that in that respect, i am playing with fire. Isnt that what humans do best? weather the precautions and moderation i enforce on myself will be enough to prevent me from getting burned, only time will tell.

Heres two relevant quotes from my favourite book, the tao te ching

"Life is at once spiritual and material, and the sage is concerned with both, Our anxieties cannot be solved by embracing one and rejecting the other. With equal attention, we must attempt to understand the ways of both"

" it is through our senses that we experience the world, through them we enjoy and learn, and through their use we find our way. While we may know that abuse is ultimately hurtfull, the line between use and abuse is something we can only learn to distinguish through experience. To find a happy ground where we can enjoy our sensibilities and not become a slave to them takes much attention"

The second quote is one i really take to heart. I stive to exert much attention and control in my enjoyment of the senses. That is why i have decided that my use of marijuana had crossed the line from use to abuse, and decided instead of a daily thing, it should be a weekly thing. As for cocaine, some would say that their is no use, only abuse. But again, this is something that i can only learn to distinguish through experience. Rest assured, i will exert much attention to ensure i do not become a slave to it.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3243134 - 10/11/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"A large aspect of spirituality is the realization that we humans are multifaceted beings, with a physical side, a mental side and a spiritual side. All of them must be developed, and we cannot renounce one and entirely focus on the others."

This is true. However, up until one begins to cultivate their spiritual side, their entire life has been isolated in the physical - as our society has pressured most of us to live. So, when persuing spiritual insight, it is advisable to do away with physical desires and pleasures in order to focus one's energy towards catching up on spiritual development. I mean, sure balance is key, but now you have to balance all of the years of pure physical consciousness with this, mostly spiritual consciousness.

No one said it was easy :smile:

(not to come as an insult or anything, I'm actually quite impressed by your regime already, just giving some extra advice :wink:)

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3244524 - 10/11/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

no worries i wasnt taking it as an insult, just exploring the idea. cuz its something ive thought about, i went through a stage of thinking all money/material/physical stuff was just a distraction from the 'true' purpose of life.

No i aim for a healthy balance

thanks for all contributions!

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3244611 - 10/11/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Glad to see your doing good :smile:

coke is something hard to get off, but you will overtime.......You've already made a huge change, this is something you got to focus on now untile it feels like everyday life, after you do that you will realize....hmmm ok i dont have many problems, except_____.....only then you can focus on perfecting your habits :smile:

you know what your doing, just dont forget :smile:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3245206 - 10/11/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

interested in spiritual advancement, do away with the cocaine and the marijuana.
So much for the rastafari.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3245211 - 10/11/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

some buddhist monks smoke hash more or less constantly as well

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3245270 - 10/11/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have a lot of respect for people who religiously smoke weed all day.

For example, there's this guy I know who lives in the woods. He grows a few plants during the summer so he's able to live in the forest and meditate and practice martial arts and yoga all the time. He's a rastafarian and he smokes weed constantly. It doesn't deplete him at all. I guess I always wished I could get stoned all day, but it just doesn't work for me very well.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3247284 - 10/12/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"For example, there's this guy I know who lives in the woods. He grows a few plants during the summer so he's able to live in the forest and meditate and practice martial arts and yoga all the time"

wow... thats basically my life goal outlined right there. Check out my 'whats your ultimate life goal' thread.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3247351 - 10/12/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey nothing against it used productively to aid in spiritual endeavors :smile:

I meant the usually unproductive pleasure seeking use :smile:

Marijuana is a great aid in meditation for a lot of people :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3247405 - 10/12/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

" Marijuana is a great aid in meditation for a lot of people "

thats what i hear, not true for me personally though. I find that for me weed use alone is a kind of meditation, as it has some of the same effects, quieting the internal dialouge, relaxation etc, but if i try to meditate while high, it just doesnt work, im way to distracted and unfocused.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3247533 - 10/12/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Staying addled on drugs all of the time is nowhere. Using a conciousness altering substance occasionally for recreation is one thing, BUT just staying drugged all of the time is not what your body was designed for. When one moves beyond using alcohol or a drug more than once or twice a week, at the very outside, then they have a problem whether they choose to face it or not. When I found myself drinking every day or two, several years ago, I deluded myself by telling myself that I wasn't hurting anybody and I was just relaxing. Then one day I found out that I was starting to have liver failure. ANY drug used chronically will cause damage.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3247743 - 10/12/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Staying addled on drugs all of the time is nowhere."

:confused:

"staying drugged all of the time is not what your body was designed for."

i absolutely agree. Thats why ive made my schedule to stay drug free during the week, and enjoy drugs recreationally on the weekend. Spiritual drug use, (use of ethneogens) falls into a different category entirely and will be even more limited than recreational use, confined to the most suitable of occasions.

"When one moves beyond using alcohol or a drug more than once or twice a week, at the very outside, then they have a problem whether they choose to face it or not.'

i dont think i entirely agree. I think some drugs, although few, such as weed and yes even alcohol (beer) can be used responsibly even daily (one beer after work, one toke before bed) , although i think more commonly it becomes a problem.

"When I found myself drinking every day or two, several years ago, I deluded myself by telling myself that I wasn't hurting anybody and I was just relaxing. "

This is sort of like me with weed. Although at first i dont think i really WAS hurting anyone and WAS just relaxing, i eventually decided that staying high was limiting my progress in pretty much every aspect of my life. I just ignored that earlier because inspite of my heavy pot use, i was still in good shape, doing well at school, good social life etc. Now i realize that even though all those aspects are good, they can be even better with no weed at all.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (10/12/04 03:27 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3248371 - 10/12/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was responding to Mixomatosis saying he respected people who stayed stoned all of the time. You have the right of it concerning marijuana. Yeah, if someone can limit their use to just a moment before bedtime like someone might do with having a beer. I, however, would challenge you furthur...to not just limit drugs and alcohol to the weekend, but just to special occasions. Then, engage your mind in activities that leave no room for intoxication. I, myself have numerous related hobbies that I could not engage in while intoxicated. I like to write computer code, for instance. With even 2 beers in me I ain't worth a shit because I lose focus. Archery require a steadfast hand and a keen eye which is lost even with a mild entheogen dose. I fill my time with so many activities that require focus that I don't have time to be bored or intoxicated. Then, when you do indulge in intoxicants it takes on a special, more positive meaning. I don't believe that giving up partying is where it's at...just limit it to special occasions. I am immenently more capable and productive now for it.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3248496 - 10/12/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"people who stayed stoned all of the time"
i have to break in and say, man i wish that was possible :P
i say, com-on,.. :smile: hehe even i got those 2 seconds of soberness before I got to my stash :P j\k
me points to my disclaimer :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/12/04 06:24 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Gomp]
    #3248626 - 10/12/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"even i got those 2 seconds of soberness before I got to my stash"

You must not have much of a life.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3248678 - 10/12/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Define 'much of a life' realtive to Gomp, rather than your own views :smile:

Oh wait... you can't :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3248908 - 10/12/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I can. Staying intoxicated on a regular basis = no life. Also = misery
Use your brain...Oh wait... you can't.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3248936 - 10/12/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Um... alright then.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3248987 - 10/12/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good advice huehue, im sort of already doing it, at least during the week, as i cant do homework well stoned, working out fill some time, meditation also, kung fu when i get back into it...

But, weekend use is still good for me. Life moves in phases, now im moving out of the daily use phase, because the weekend use works for me now. Probably in a year or maybe 20, ill decide to stop that as well and go down to yearly or bi-annually... but for now, its workin out.

and ps. your lifestyle isnt actually the best possible one, nor is it mature to judge someones entire life based on one joke.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3248994 - 10/12/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

just saw this: "I can. Staying intoxicated on a regular basis = no life. Also = misery
Use your brain...Oh wait... you can't. '

:grin:  :rolleyes:

whats more of a flame, huehue saying deff has no brain, or gomp has no life, or me saying that huehue is a pretentious, elitist wank?

hypothetically

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3249202 - 10/12/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Since yours is justified, hue's is more of a flame

:wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3249234 - 10/12/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

seriously, i stayed intoxicated on a regular basis for like 2 years and i sure as hell wasnt miserable, i was a happy mother fucker. And i had tons of shit goin on besides drugs too, i transformed my life for the better during the time i was using weed alot.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3249235 - 10/12/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

one way is not the only way.

one rule I apply to myself is to not go to the extremes. moderation is key.

question: would limiting drug use to only special occasions an extreme in itself?

:grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: kaiowas]
    #3249254 - 10/12/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

personally i think you could do more damage to your brain typing computer code for fun than smoking weed but...

to each his own

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3249271 - 10/12/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what do you mean by damage?

and can damage ever be turned around into a positive?

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3249329 - 10/12/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im just joking, and pointing out that what one person considers healthy, another person considers totally sick (daily pot use, computer programming for fun)

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3249339 - 10/12/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ah gotcha! 

its one thing I love about hte internet is that htere is zero tone :laugh:

so where has your new found path taken you so far?  :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3249387 - 10/12/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you mean my moonshoe challenge path?

basically just closer to where i was at the end of summer, more energy, healthier habits, a little bit more richness of life (remembering my dreams, being a little bit more aware) i enjoy meditation for its own sake, ive been hiting the gym a good bit lately, and already noticing some good results in the form which is good for happiness and self confidence. Doing less drugs means more money for clothes and stuff, and more ability to do homework and keep on top of work work (for $ ) nothing huge, but compared to how i was feeling at the beggining of the year (shitty, fatigued, amotivated) its a big change.

speaking of which, enough shroomery, time for some stretching and meditation.

And im still FAR from a perfect, so room for improvement...

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (10/12/04 09:17 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3250902 - 10/13/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

everything can be turned around into a positive! :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: with you as my witness (the moonshoe challenge!) [Re: Gomp]
    #3262167 - 10/21/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ok guys time for a moonshoes challenge update!

i officially declare the moonshoe challenge over, and here is a post of the results

Successes:
at the beginning of the challenge , i made immediate gains, physically regaining some strength and muscle definition and increasing the frequency of workouts.

I recoverd fully from lingering sickness with a regime of healthy eating, herbal immune boosters etc

I increased the quality and quantity of my sleep schedule, and began remembering my dreams again

I increased the frequency of my lucid and pre lucid dreams

I totally cut out weed purchasing during the week and seriously reduced smoking

I stayed on top of school work, assignments and aced all of my first term exams

i cut out coffee entirely and replaced it with the healthier alternative of green tea

failures:

i did not manage to cut out weed smoking during the week and ended up getting mildly stoned with friends almost every day, although it was with free weed

I totally failed to maintain any mediation schedule .after 2 days of basic relaxing mantra meditation, and one use of shroomisms unity meditation, and one use of the lesser banishing ritual, i dropped all meditative routines entirely.

In the last few days, i have dropped my workout schedule entirely, althhough i plan to restart soon

My health eating plans became increasingly more slack, and there was only rare meals that included all 4 food groups. An increase in microwaveable meals was noted.

Worst of all: my cocaine use frequency increased significantly, although the volume remained small. This had some effects on my sleep patterns, resulting in staying up later and sleeping in later.

Although i never really tryed not to, i also ended up spending a few hours walking around down town spray painting due to my inability to fall asleep after a line.

My plan to buy clothes and paint instead of drugs suceeded to a large degree, i have a hoody, a touqe and a few t shirts to show for my efforts, but i think cocaine use more or less made up for savings in weed use, which is hardly an accomplishment

well there you have it folks! this edition of the moonshoe challenge is concluded.

The moral of the story?

fuck if i know.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (10/22/04 04:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag