Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineirie420
Stranger

My cakes aren't growing right! Please Advise!
    #3219643 - 10/05/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have a relatively inexpensive setup for 3 perfect uncontaminated fuzzy as hell vermiculite cakes. all were inoculated w/ 20cc syringe and set in a perlite styrofoam cooler for growth.... eventually 2 giant mushrooms popped out of one cake, i set cake #2 ( cake #3 is still colonizing) so as of now TWO CAKES are in the chamber, i am using a perlite bedding and have a cool mist humidifier attached to a thick vinyl tubing providing the chamber with constant humidity.

the shrooms growing very very huge, but THE PROBLEM IS: THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES!! cake #2 hasnt grown very much at all and is just sitting there, i am thinking maybe the humidity is too high? does it pose a problem if tiny dew droplets are forming in the chamber and on the cakes? although the shrooms that are there are huge (3 total, one huge one, second huge one and a baby tiny one) NO OTHER SHROOMS are popping out and im beginning to get concerned. is this normal growth? just a few and no more?! today i purchased a snake cage hot rock to heat the chamber up because i think the temperature may be off ... but i know this isnt normal they should be flourishing if the conditions are right. what can i do?

remember my problemn is : only 2 giant mushrooms are coming out of one cake, cake #2 hasnt shown much activity since i placed it... and no other pin heads are appearing... what can i do to stimulate further growth?

is the humidity too high? temp too low?  its between 70 and 80... prolly mid 70's

please advise - thx irie420 :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: My cakes aren't growing right! Please Advise! [Re: irie420]
    #3219720 - 10/05/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

the problem my friend is not a problem with your environment but a problem with your preperation.

verm cakes commonly produce very few bodies, unless cased. as you can definitly pick up from reading the grow logs on this site, casing your cakes will lead to a very dramatic increase in the amount of and yeild of the fruitbodies your substrate produces.

i wont tell you were the grow logs are, or how to case, because they are READILY available on this site. and you hafta learn to find your own answers sooner or later.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

#3219765 - 10/05/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Amyloid is right your not gonna get some really impressive yeilds from a brf/verm cake (you can its just pretty hard) if you just fruit them as cakes. Also next time try dunking for 24 hours and mabey cold shocking too. The cold shocking should help them pin faster and the dunk will help with yeilds. After this cake flushes dunk it.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#3219810 - 10/05/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wait

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

#3219818 - 10/05/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah liveby is right thats the #1 thing you need to do is wait patients is key in this hobby man.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract