Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Loc: Puget Sound Vicinity
The Freemasons and you
    #3219469 - 10/05/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just to let everyone know who doesnt the election is over it has been over since the democrats chose a non-freemason Nominee, think iam lying the last 5 out of 6 of the last presidents have been freemasons. Oh yes they do have the power to chose the president. Abraham Lincoln a non mason president was Killed by John Wilkes Booth a freemason. JFK a non mason president was supposedly killed by Harvey Oswald a free mason. so they next time you hear the name Freemason you say fuck the freemasons.

--------------------
god made pot who do you trust, yeh i stole that off a lighter, so what, you wanna fight about it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: sos]
    #3219494 - 10/05/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You almost,but not quite, had a sentence in your post

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3219497 - 10/05/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You've got your dates mixed up here :wink:

Yes MOST of the presidents in the last century have been Freemasons...AFTER they became president!

I have a friend who is a Freemason, so of course I've asked him about the Masons on quite a few occaisions (he tells me what he can, he says). One of the things he DID tell me is that it has become tradition for the Freemasons to initiate any new president into Freemasonry if they are not already Masons. Some of the presidents have been Masons when they became president...nearly all (at least in the past 100 years) have become a Mason as soon as they became president.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Loc: Puget Sound Vicinity
    #3219504 - 10/05/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

clinton was president of the freemason club in high school, and the bushes have been freemasons for years

--------------------
god made pot who do you trust, yeh i stole that off a lighter, so what, you wanna fight about it?

Edited by sos (10/05/04 06:12 PM)

J♠
Male User Gallery

#3219530 - 10/05/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

clinton was president of the freemason club in high school

"Freemason club"???

What, my dear friend, are you talking about? The Masons don't let anyone in who isn't of legal age...kind of removes any highschoolers from the picture doesn't it? Or are you suggesting that 'ol Willy was president of some highschool knock-off club of the Freemasons? I can assure you that the Freemasons would not appreciate such an organization...they certainly wouldn't want their name attatched to such a thing.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3219532 - 10/05/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You're almost there.

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3219857 - 10/05/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

there seems to be many clubs from what ive seen.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3221696 - 10/06/04 04:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Secret societies are icky. It's not that I can't accept the idea of the world being run by people in back room meetings, that's just how things work. It's that it's run by people in back room meetings while dressing up in gay robes, performing juvenile 'mystical' ceremonies.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3223154 - 10/06/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno how secret it is...my neighbor is a Freemason, and his cars have freemason license plates on them...not vanity plates, but actual New Jersey plates that say freemason in small letters under the number and has a symbol or something to the left i dunno thats weird

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3223222 - 10/06/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

the clubs' existence are not secret.

however, in the case of skull and bones, if u ask bush and kerry(for example) what they are. you get the same response. "they are secret."

i dont think the people who are acting as public servants should have higher obligations.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3223525 - 10/06/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

> i dont think the people who are acting as public servants should have higher obligations

Such as marriage? I don't mind public servants having higher obligations, but the higher obligations must not be in contradiction of the service that the public servant is supposed to be doing. The problem with something secret like dicks and balls (or skulls hold the brains, or whatever they are part of) is that the public has no way of knowing what the higher obligation is.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: trendal]
    #7486812 - 10/04/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
clinton was president of the freemason club in high school

"Freemason club"???

What, my dear friend, are you talking about? The Masons don't let anyone in who isn't of legal age...kind of removes any highschoolers from the picture doesn't it? Or are you suggesting that 'ol Willy was president of some highschool knock-off club of the Freemasons? I can assure you that the Freemasons would not appreciate such an organization...they certainly wouldn't want their name attatched to such a thing.

Bill Clinton was a member of the Order of DeMolay.  DeMolay is an organization sponsored by the Freemasons, but isn't the same thing.

Any other questions?  :smirk:

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #7486835 - 10/04/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Drink_Punk_Soda said:Any other questions?  :smirk:

Yea, where can I sign up?  :smirk:

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: DieCommie]
    #7486882 - 10/04/07 11:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You may find the links in THIS POST helpful. Where are you located? I'd be glad to help you find a local lodge and some more information. If you don't want to answer that here, you can send me a PM.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#7486955 - 10/04/07 11:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Phoenix, Arizona.  Give it to me  :yesnod:

Are you a member?

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: DieCommie]
    #7487001 - 10/05/07 12:16 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You've got a very nice lodge in Phoenix- here's a picture:

If you're truly interested I'd recommend reading through this site:

Grand Lodge of Phoenix Arizona

Also, there's a great library there. If you're truly interested in becoming a member, your best bet is to either call the number on the "Contact Us" page and express that, or to go there and ask to speak to someone. It really is that simple- you have to make the first move, no Mason can ask someone to join.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7487563 - 10/05/07 07:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i feel like an idiot, realizing this is yet another bump from years ago.

comments deleted.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by kotik (10/05/07 07:38 AM)

J♠
Male User Gallery

#7487578 - 10/05/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Are you a freemason?

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: trendal]
    #7490367 - 10/06/07 02:27 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Do they even may answer that ? Or do they have to lie about :shrug:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #7490453 - 10/06/07 03:47 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

No Mason will ever lie about his membership. A Mason will be proud to be one, and should have nothing to gain by denying his membership. To do so would effectively be to nullify his membership.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7490589 - 10/06/07 06:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Drink_Punk_Soda said:
No Mason will ever lie about his membership. A Mason will be proud to be one, and should have nothing to gain by denying his membership. To do so would effectively be to nullify his membership.

incorrect.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
    #7490598 - 10/06/07 07:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Looking at the website I see that there are a lot of misconceptions about free masonry....I thought it was a cult....but I looked at the site and it looks decent...as long as they really don't infringe on religious beliefs...

--------------------
aka NHMI

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: kotik]
    #7490620 - 10/06/07 07:27 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
Quote:

Drink_Punk_Soda said:

incorrect.

incorrect.

I have actually met a real Mason. They are definitely not going to lie about their membership to you.

He had no problem telling a total stranger what his ring meant, and was pleasantly surprised that I wanted to know about the Freemasons.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: rizingfire]
    #7490626 - 10/06/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the very foundation of the masons is to accept various religious, political and philosophical standpoints. That's is one reason for so much negative attention - when Christianity was more aggressive (i.e. back when they would kill you in public and admit it - even get help from the public) within a masonic lodge was one of the only places people could gather to discuss their opinions and views on taboo subjects without fear of exposure.

--------------------

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#7491536 - 10/06/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Care to elaborate?

I suppose there might be some situation where admitting as such would put himself, a Brother, or a family member in direct danger, and he might be required to deny that fact. If you meant something else, I'd be interested to know.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7491637 - 10/06/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

for example, in Germany still today, it is taboo to wear masonic pins or other regalia in public, or speak of it to others. It's still a bit more secret. There are also many masons in the states that look down on bumper sticks and etc.

--------------------

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#7492009 - 10/06/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I should have been a bit more specific- I was referring to American Freemasons. And that relates to my other point- in places like Germany, and several other countries, Freemasons generally hide their identity because to reveal it would but them in direct danger.

Contrary to popular belief, bumper stickers or other car badges are used not to broadcast the fact that they are Masons to the public. but to identify themselves as Masons to fellow Masons. While a random Joe may know what the symbol means, a Brother might see a car on the side of the road with a bumper sticker, license plate, or badge, and be obligated by his sworn oaths to help that person out. That's why the wife, son, daughter, or other relative might also have such markings on their car. If you are, or are related to a Mason, and request help from a Mason, you WILL get help to the best of their ability.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7492494 - 10/06/07 08:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

perhaps, but they are really just bumper stickers, just like having one of those 'i donate to police' stickers. they dont mean shit, because you can get them on ebay.

--------------------

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#7493522 - 10/07/07 03:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's true, and as a Mason is simply a man, you may deceive him in the same way you might deceive an officer of the law. But I can tell you this, a Brother can identify another with a single gesture or a single question, and unless the impostor (also referred to as a Cowan, or pretender) has done his homework, he will easily be discovered. It is the nature of Freemasonry to help ALL others in need, so you'd likely get your assistance anyway.

I could go online to a number of places and purchase a ring signifying that I've attained the 14th, 32nd, or even 33rd degree (and the 33rd degree rings are quite nice in their simplicity), and I could pin a masonic square and compass to my lapel, and I could read up on the signs and grips and passwords used in ritual (which in truth, I have), but I have no doubt that if I tried to pass myself off as something I am not, I would be discovered with little effort. Such is the nature of Masonic ritual; it involves symbolism in a way that to hear the dialog and see the images is insufficient to pass yourself off as a Brother. This is intentional, and any Mason will tell you as much. It was done so that if a Brother were tortured or in some other way had the information extracted as to what occurred during a Rite, the information would be useless to the tormentor, even though the Mason might fully describe to the best of his ability every last detail.

--------------------

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
    #7522876 - 10/16/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They have been having a lot of open lodge advertising lately for certain days. I will check it out. I like that the masons are accepting of everyones faith as well as bringing men together in greatness..<<I am not a mason but am interested....

--------------------
aka NHMI

Offlinecasgoodie
weedwright
Male User Gallery

Loc: terra
    #7525212 - 10/16/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

too much power for there to be justice, freedom and peace in the world. 1% controls 99%

--------------------
TRAPPED IN LINGUISTIC CONCEPTS

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: casgoodie]
    #7526026 - 10/16/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

blah blah blah; theories are fun, but no evidence makes it an idle brainstorm

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#7526945 - 10/17/07 08:51 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Freemasonry = a way for senior citizens to feel cool

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: The Freemasons and you [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #7526974 - 10/17/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm honestly more worried about the shriners, I heard they keep the codes to our nuclear launch controls in their cap seams! They are the ones with the inside power

Don't trust them!

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#7526975 - 10/17/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's a common misconception. True, there have been considerably less initiates in the past 20-30 years, but ask some of those seniors when they became Masons, and you might be surprised.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#7527556 - 10/17/07 12:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They're still stupid frat boys to me.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#7527574 - 10/17/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's another matter entirely.  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder