Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
MycoBag Weirdness *DELETED*
    #3219399 - 10/05/04 07:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by dblaney

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
Re: MycoBag Weirdness [Re: dblaney]
    #3219486 - 10/05/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

did he give it any light yet?

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3219515 - 10/05/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have had a problem like that and i cut the top off of the bag, down to the top of the mass, then i put it in a rubbermaid bin, then i fanned it several times a day and misted the inside of the container, gave it 12 hrs of light, and 70-75 degrees. boom, pins then shrooms, i would check to see if the bag has dried out, that would be bad. also strains differ in time from start to finish, but five months??

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3219525 - 10/05/04 08:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

did your friend happen to mention how long it's been colonizing, or what strain...
a few take longer, especialy if the temps are too low, and also the extra substrate can make it take a good bit longer.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3219585 - 10/05/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

break open the bag. case the shit. dunk it first. now that its def. fully colonized contams are a little issue. if u are svcared of casings going bad, use a straight verm cover. dont use anything besides verm or coir, as itll prolyl contam ona newb.

GL!

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3219600 - 10/05/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

are the temps correct, do they change much?
light should be 12/12 more or less.
i dont understand why he moved it from light to dark, thats not right, unless it was getting way too much light. i was just saying what i did with good results, but being patient is really the key.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: MycoBag Weirdness [Re: tomekk]
    #3219746 - 10/05/04 09:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

its really really really really really really really really really....hard to NOT to give a bag your trying to fruit enough light... it only takes a millisecond (maybe less?) of light exposure to initiate pinning. dropping the temp usually works for my stuborn cakes.

i think the cake is stalled, if not you might want to incubate it at 86 for a day, then put it in the fridge for a night, wait a week to see if pins form... then i suggest repeating this process if you still have no luck. when your friend gets tired of this he can give up.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: MycoBag Weirdness [Re: amyloid]
    #3221459 - 10/06/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

amyloid said:
its really really really really really really really really really....hard to NOT to give a bag your trying to fruit enough light... it only takes a millisecond (maybe less?) of light exposure to initiate pinning. dropping the temp usually works for my stuborn cakes.

milliseconds or less?
Does this mean that fruiting depends more on light levels then length of illumination?
Would flashing a strobe light on a cake for a minute a day work?

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: MycoBag Weirdness [Re: shobimono]
    #3237184 - 10/09/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i think beyond presence for initiation, light has little to do with ps. c. pinning. but who knows id like to see what would happen if u used a strobe light. i think the mush would just grow towards the strobe light.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3238045 - 10/10/04 02:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It only takes a millisecond of light to initate pinning but that little of light will not be enough to produce an even and full pinset. 12-18 hours of light IMO is needed for a nice full pinset.

Very little light:

Same strain/substrate/conditions but 12-18 hours of light for pinning and 4-6 after pinset:

I had more casings going at the time of those pictures all with similar results. I would expect the strobe light would work if ran all day though since it would be on about 12 hours and off 12 hours..I don't imagine it would hurt you to much to have it strobe. That's just a guess though and I wouldn't think that it would give you any better results then a mini flouro.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: MycoBag Weirdness [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3247471 - 10/12/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

those pics are hardly conclusive, im sure you know every colony is differnt and yeilds fluctuate very dynamically even with the "same" strain/substrate/conditions. it obviously wasnt the same if it didnt have as much light. and was this "same" strain a multispore inoculation? any hoo, i use a very small led night light on 24/7 and my casings do fine.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
    #3287135 - 10/27/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

sometimes they just nead to come outa' the bag. i dunno. why.

--------------------
check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation