Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Malt gone bad?
    #3218971 - 10/05/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Does anyone know if malt can go bad? A friend used a bag that he had not used in over a year and so far 2 out of 2 jars have gone bad. On one the water turned gray a week after inoc. The other one is not clumping up, just a cloud that never settles. The first I'm sure is just a contaim, no biggie. On the second one though I am starting to wonder if the malt is breaking down to much for the myc to fully form. Both were made from karo syringes that were created by shooting karo water into a old, yet still good cake, shaking and then sucking it back up. I'm sure the age of the cake doesn't help the matter, but it is the only source left of this strain. Any help would be great. Really do not wish to buy the strain again when there is still a source, be it weak, to build from.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Malt gone bad? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3219365 - 10/05/04 07:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i dont trust how u got the origonal KARO sample.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Malt gone bad? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3220327 - 10/05/04 11:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How else would you recommend making a syringe when you only have a old cake to work with? Shy of cutting out part of the cake, which would have a much greater chance of contamination, I can not think of any other good way that would not risk loosing the only sample left. The cake could of course be birthed with the hope that after all this time it would take off and produce, but that is a pretty big risk to take when from all that I have read the method that was used is supposed to work. Normally this has never been a issue, but my friend has been out of the country for several months without someone to babysit their samples.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation