Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Lawn mowers and thieves in one of my cyans patch
    #3214647 - 10/04/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well I was suppose to go picking today with someone here fromt he shroomery who had some family illness . My friend did get some cyans. But was unable to take f me picking in a pasture today becasue of family illness.

So I bussed it to a certain neighborhood and checked on 11 patches.

One was really torn up byu thieves who apparelnt took shovels of mulch patches from the yard near Carkeek Park.

Then I came upon another patch and here comes the lw2nb mower dudes, Three of them with lawn mowers on each side of the mulched gardens area where I was. They stri0pped along the grass at the edge of the mu8lchbeds and made a two foot insertion into the mulch with their blades and chopped up a whole lot of shrooms I was just getting readcy to photograph.

I picked 37 mushrooms after they finished destroying a nice little grassed in area alongside of a mulch bed.

Here qare 8 photos of what I found after they left and the ninth image is the 37 specimens I got fromt heir chop-chop inititive.

Also found 9 blue ringers on an old lawn which a few eeks ago had some pasture shrooms popping up on it and today I found nine blue ringers in a new location. However, they were old and probably low in conteent so I just photofgraphed them. Will post those and some other shrooms later. Took some other images of non magic shrooms, but nothing worth posting. which hasn't already been posted byu others.

HEre are the cyans and the lawnmower damge to the earth and mycelia as seen in number one and two

There were numerous caps and stems chopped off or in half left int he ground and around where the lawnmowerrs did their evil blade cutting this day. Poor little shroom souls, al tortured by the blade.

Hm!

What can one do.

Also I did not cropped the images so one can see the distrurbance of the lawnmowers action on these fellow shrooms

have a shroomy day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Lawn mowers and thieves in one of my cyans patch [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3214962 - 10/04/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

very nice! we definitely need some rain, the only stuff i'm finding is real dry!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
    #3215069 - 10/04/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

All so sick and pale, so desperate for water...

Forecast says tomorrow were due for all day/night showers. :cool:

Nice pics as well.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Lawn mowers and thieves in one of my cyans pat [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3215823 - 10/04/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i sorta like em when they're mustard-tan colored on the caps

nice pics mj

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3215847 - 10/04/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

jsut north of you guys its real foggy cloudy and temps droped real low.  its coming tonight!  its gonna be a wet one me thinks :smile:

cool pics mj, 3 lawnmowers?  where they trying to mess up peoples picking?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Lawn mowers and thieves in one of my cyans pat [Re: kadakuda]
    #3215878 - 10/04/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well at fiove o'clock i went shopping in Capital Hill and found these in a planter on a side street.

Its kinda funny how aI find things when I am not looking for them.

mj

Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
    #3216026 - 10/04/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Its kinda funny how aI find things when I am not looking for them.

Why oh why do edibles just jump out at me and the actives are still so illusive?  :frown:

I trust the rain will help in my quest.

Too bad about those landscapers mj.  They've been raking the HELL out of the mulched beds down here in Pierce County this week.  Tidying up for winter I guess!  *grump

Peace~
L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Re: Lawn mowers and thieves in one of my cyans pat [Re: freedomseeker]
    #3216044 - 10/04/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

freedomseeker said:

Why oh why do edibles just jump out at me and the actives are still so illusive?  :frown:

i'm the exact opposite!!

i have found a few chantrelle babies... and went on 5 or 6 different expeditions!!

i feel your pain!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
    #3216153 - 10/04/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i'm the exact opposite!!

I think it's having our eyes opened to their habitat...their look...and their hiding places.

Chanterelles and I seem to be good friends...they show up all the time and are beautiful. (hope you enjoyed yours the other night BTW)

Since this is the first year to look for the actives my eyes haven't seen their way yet...if that makes sense to you.

I have no doubt that the load of alder chips that had mushrooms all over it a few years ago on my land were actives...and I remember whining because they weren't edible. WTF Different seasons of life. I was growing some beautiful plants at the time...but active mushrooms weren't on my mind then.

What can I say.

Hemlocks Psily....Hemlocks!!!!

L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by freedomseeker (10/04/04 10:23 PM)

InvisibleBorealis
Riverdog

#3217668 - 10/05/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The mycelium theives are everywhere. I've noticed missing mulch in lots of my haunts too. :mad2:

--------------------
Freedom of information... act.

Chasing Sunsets.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom