Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Loc: third stone from the sun
HARD TO ANSWER...
    #3217453 - 10/05/04 10:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Guys..here comes a big problem of mine. My girlfriend is so very concerned about my interest in eating and growing shrooms that she
complains about it all the time. She says it is very dangerous for me and she wouldnt even want me to do it once a year because she thinks it would endanger our future, our relationship and so on..
She said "..if they were (mj and shrooms) so harmless we'd be able to buy them in the supermarket" do the y sell cigarettes or alcohol
there because it is healthy???
I eat shrooms every now and then (3 times a year or so) for feeling "good" and clean and spiritual and so on.. I never eat them
at raves or so. I feel the effects are ideed good for me, because I feel like reborn and fresh and alive and one. Something like an instant-meditation maybe. But she says she definitely does not want me to do this. But I cant explain her why I want to. She wasnt able to experience them like I did and cant see why they are important for me. She thinks wanting to eat shrooms is a sign of not taking life seriously!!  :rolleyes:

any opinions on this? any potential help ideas of how to prove her:
-they are not as harmful as she thinks they are

--------------------
we are reasonable people...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: HARD TO ANSWER... [Re: nimbus]
    #3217462 - 10/05/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think you guys worry to much, you have nothing to fear.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3217493 - 10/05/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would say that she has absolutely no understanding of what the mushrooms are all about.  See if she would be willing to read a book like food of the gods or listen to some mp3's of Terrence McKenna's.
http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org

I don't know how tight you guys are but if she listens to these, and reads the book/s and she is still trying to control your use of these sacred portals to expanded reality, then maybe you should consider getting a new girlfriend with an open mind. Sorry if that sounds rude, but I am just considering your happiness and freedom. :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Re: HARD TO ANSWER... [Re: gdman]
    #3217495 - 10/05/04 10:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gdman420 said:
I think you guys worry to much, you have nothing to fear.

my girlfriend is the one who's worrying..about the shrooms.
I am the one "worrying" about her, wanting to prevent me from eating them ever again..

--------------------

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Re: HARD TO ANSWER... [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3217505 - 10/05/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks Phishgrrl
i think that's not a bad idea..i mean letting her read some of it first. maybe eventually looking for someone who's more openminded.
she thinks I use them to "escape" from reality!! but it is the other way round..
and yes she unfortunately has no idea of what they are about..she
tried a few times but always fought back and didnt let the things just happen, just be as they are..but not everybody has to like shrooms of course..she should tolerate it though.

--------------------

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3217529 - 10/05/04 11:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

She sounds close-minded and ignorant. You just need to educate her. If she cares about you that much, she'll open her mind and try to atleast understand and respect your perspective. Work on her :wink:

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#3217533 - 10/05/04 11:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah..and I think she would say "who's mckenna? of course would someone who likes eating shrooms and other psychedelics talk about them as if they were smoething good..that does not proove anything.."
:mad:

she was the one who really wanted to try them with me..just 2 months ago. but after 2-3 times of failure to enjoying it she decided they are bad for me, for us, for our future..they may change me in bad ways, make me mad maybe. I really love her. but it drives me crazy that I cant show her the good sides of them. she hates it when I defend eating shrooms. she sees it as something you have to stop
doing when you've become an "adult"..geees

--------------------

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3217538 - 10/05/04 11:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

tell her to educate herself fisrt. then point out how mcdonalds is bad for people too. alcohol and cigarettes have more damaging and long term effects then any shroom i know of. (except deadly ones, but why would you eat those kind). point out that more people die from alcohol related deaths then most other drug on the market. also DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT. maybe if you could convince her to try a low dose just once, she would see some of what it is about, and maybe change her mind. have her read a few posts on this site about how wether or not they are bad for you. most of peoples fears come from ignorance. educate her in a non argumentative way. if she refuses to see the light, then do what you feel is more important.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3217539 - 10/05/04 11:14 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it sounds like she is not ready for them in her life and thinks you are at the same place. I don't know you or her, but from what little I can see, I would say that you either need to move on and go your separate ways or invest a lot of time, effort and love helping her to understand if you think this relationship is worth it. Because something like this is a lot deeper than shrooming 3 times a year, she is not respecting where you are at in life and not respecting your free will. That is a huge problem. Good luck bro! Namaste.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#3217560 - 10/05/04 11:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

she already tried them 3 times till now..in the past 2 years or so..the first half an hour was always interesting and cool, but then it was "uncontrollable" and stuff..I told her not to try to control it, just let go..try to enjoy..but no..
and I have told her the facts about alcohol and cigs..but what she tells me is "if shrooms were harmless, why dont they sell them in suoermarkets.." all of this happened during arguments of course, I think that's why she answered like that..because I know she's not stupid.but stubborn sometimes..like many of us.
she thinks it is a waste of time, being interested in shrooms or growing them..
oh man..I have probably already complained too much..
I am thinking of how to convince her to read and learn about them a little more..and she should trust the sources of course..because, as
I said, she wouldnt believe just any website writing about shrooms, because everyone here loves them.. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3217638 - 10/05/04 11:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I perosnally wouldn't want to be in arelationship with someone who dosen't understand me.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#3217690 - 10/05/04 12:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I personally wouldnt give up on someone just because she/he does not
understand me at the moment, but I still have a chance. And if everything else is going almost perfect and just this one thing is not, this is also no reason for not wanting to be in a relationship.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3217709 - 10/05/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh yeah, now you gotta think what's more importent to you? try all you can to set her streight but form the looks of it, she's pretty brain wahsed... it seems to be a commen condition. she doesn't like you smoking? that's rough, there is the very real posibility that you will have to give it up for a while or do it behind her back.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3217715 - 10/05/04 12:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Tell her that if these plants and fungi where so dangerous, they wouldn't have such a long history of use. People have been using Cannabis and Mushrooms since people have been around.

--------------------

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#3217721 - 10/05/04 12:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah I know..you're right concerning that..but it is impossible making her believe that you know..
she hates it when I start defending them against alcohol or cigarettes. thats why I posted this at first. if it were easy for me, I would have thought it alone..

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3217726 - 10/05/04 12:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah it's hard, you guys try mdma, would she be willing to try that?

Also keep in mind that mushrooms are not a garunteed good time, they amplify your feelings and thoughts and state of mind... set and setting, take her out in a beutiful secluded spot in nature, eat mushrooms, bring headphones.

go here www.erowid.org hell even police, doctors, and teachers go here, it's an online library and about as non-biased as they come.

--------------------

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#3217737 - 10/05/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah man..thanks for trying to help but I am talking about shrooms..not MDMA, which I have tried but dont do anymore, because
I dont want to consume lab-chemicals.
going to the nature and eating shrooms is a good idea too, of course, but I am talking about convincing her about mushrooms being
not bad and shit..but you say give her some..she wont eat any dude..dont you get it? she hates the idea of me wanting to eat them.

and I have been reading erowid for 4 years..hows that gonna convince her? I am not looking for the perfect answer, just wanted to share my problem and hear others opinions thats all..
but thanks anyway..

--------------------

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3218145 - 10/05/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm really not trying to create a nasty stereotype but girls (<30) tend to be less prepared for psychedelics than guys of the same demographic, from my experience atleast. I can understand how overwhelming/uncontrollable experiences are more common for them. I'm in the process of preparing my girlfriend for mushrooms... About once every 20 times we smoke she'll get emotional over something silly so I'm going to dose her quite conservatively.

That said, my girlfriend would never do something as ridiculous as condemning them, even if she's had bad experiences. If drugs can't be your girl's mind-opener, sounds like you need to find something that is :/

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #3218173 - 10/05/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have noticed lately, no matter how good the arguments, examples, metaphours - some people just are not ready to change their mind. I hope one day they will. And good luck, I understand how difficult it may be!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3218184 - 10/05/04 02:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Some people are just so far gone and ignorant, there's no bringing them back to being open-minded.

Those people are more trouble than they're worth in my opinion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience