Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuinny
Alien

Loc: NSW, Australia
ID Required
    #3217198 - 10/05/04 04:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey I found these in my yard out in the backyard

I live NSW Australia. Can anyone ID them

They look purple in this but aren't

THey are a chocolate brown
1 cm across the top
3 cms tall
Thin brown stem almost indentical colour to cap
Brown Gills underneath

ANy help would be appreciated

--------------------
Understand, Think free & be set free!

Edited by Quinny (10/05/04 04:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: ID Required [Re: Quinny]
    #3217237 - 10/05/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey quinny! funny lookin little mushies aren't they? From an unprofessional point of view id say they were Panaeolus foenisecii.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

#3217240 - 10/05/04 05:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Have a look here tell me what you think http://www.mushroomjohn.com/panaeolina1.htm  apparently foensecii has psilocybin and psilocin in small amounts but MAY also contain other toxic qualities

i don't think it's something you wanna eat...unless it's Panaeolus subbalteatus. Then you do want to eat it  :crazy2: I say get professional ID first

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (10/05/04 06:01 AM)

OfflineMarcd046
Captain CiderConnoisseur

Loc: North East, Uk
    #3217305 - 10/05/04 06:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, they do reemble pan foes a bit but seem to be a more darker colour.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Required [Re: Marcd046]
    #3217446 - 10/05/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

No, they really don't resemble foens. The stem is too thick and the gills look too light.

I'd be surprised if it was any kind of Panaeolus or Panaeolina, doesn't look like it.

What was it growing from?
What color was the spore print?

Shrooma: please don't give out advice if you aren't sure what you're talking about. This can be very dangerous and is against forum rules. #1 Those aren't foens #2 foens are not active, period. The sites or books that say that they are is due to an error in idenfication when they were testing for presence of psilocybin(you'd think the mycologists would have their shit together, eh?).

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: ID Required [Re: shrooma]
    #3220323 - 10/05/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry gumby, i spose ois hould have made the point
Quote:

shrooma said:
I say get professional ID first

more clear. I guess i have a lot to learn.  :thumbup:

--------------------
-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder