Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: An interesting article about 'race' [Re: Phluck]
    #3216733 - 10/05/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
There's one thing I like about bullshit like this. The guys spewing it are losing so badly. Black culture is huge, and it's getting bigger. As more blacks get money, you see more black media, and more money going into producing black tv, movies, music, books, etc...

Laughing at the death of your people is like laughing at the rainforests being burned down :smile:  One day something will happen that will change all of it.  Maybe the blacks can use their ICBM's, nukes, and knowledge of nuclear warfare to annhilate us. :smile:
Quote:

As more and more people grow up in integrated environments, racism slowly begins to fade, and the general attitude is much less rascist now than it ever was. These morons like to make it look like there's no way blacks and whites could ever coexist, but that becomes less and less true everyday. The whole issue of blacks being worse off than whites is true, and it is changing, but it's not something you can change overnight. It's only been like one, maybe two generations since civil rights. You can't bring an entire segment of society to an equal level in a couple generations, it takes a long time, but it's certainly happening, and it's pretty funny seeing these racist idiots try to pretend it isn't so they can justify their opinions.

Blacks getting money for traversing balls up and down fields/courts and rapping isn't the same as them being "better off". It's sad. Blacks should be given positive role models like doctors and such, rather than P Jiggy.

If you appreciate the cultural input of all groups, as I do, what do you think about Shakespeare being taken out of schools, and "Johnny has two daddies" being put in in it's place. These people, or myself at least, don't care if other cultures thrive, thats fantastic and will only serve to improve humanity. They care that white culture is being demonized and other cultures are eating away at it. White kids aren't taught as much about their history as they should be. How many white kids know the dfference between East Coast rappas and West coast? How many know teh difference between Chopin and Bach? See my point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: An interesting article about 'race' [Re: retread]
    #3216788 - 10/05/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I belive Shakespeare had a vocabulary that is 4-5 times what the average person does now, he also invented a number of words

Wow, never heard a rap song with invented words in it...
Not all rap is about gattin' mofos, pimping, or crack. Some of the mainstream bullshit is, but using that as a guage for all of black culture seems pretty simple minded to me. If I were to use lyrics from Creed or something as my guage for white culture, I'd think we were a bunch of pink mongoloids.

"Describe for me the sun" said the blind man. If you don't realize why Shakespear is superior to G Funk Dawg, you never will.

People with no real understanding of art will judge it by what they can see on the surface. Shakespeare can craft a very elegant set of words, Michelangelo can paint a very realistic painting. But that's not what's so great about them. Shakespeare used lots of words, and he used them in a compelling way, that conveyed an interesting message. There were bad poets around the time of Shakespeare, and not everything he wrote was golden either. Good rappers do the same thing Shakespeare did, and bad ones fail for the same reasons bad poets failed.

Rap is not worse by default than Shakespeare (or 'Shakespear', as you call him). There is nothing about rhyming to a beat that prevents brilliant lyrics. Listen to Talib Kweli, or K-Os, or one of dozens of other rappers with intelligent lyrics and you're bound to find something good.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3216837 - 10/05/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Wow, never heard a rap song with invented words in it...

What "shizzle" doesn't count? You racist!
Quote:

Not all rap is about gattin' mofos, pimping, or crack. Some of the mainstream bullshit is, but using that as a guage for all of black culture seems pretty simple minded to me. If I were to use lyrics from Creed or something as my guage for white culture, I'd think we were a bunch of pink mongoloids.

If you'd like to use the few hundred year old written languages and masters from Africa to compare, feel free. I can't think of any, maybe you could? Modern writing, Steinbeck, who are you going to put him up against? Dr Dre?
Quote:

People with no real understanding of art will judge it by what they can see on the surface. Shakespeare can craft a very elegant set of words, Michelangelo can paint a very realistic painting. But that's not what's so great about them. Shakespeare used lots of words, and he used them in a compelling way, that conveyed an interesting message. There were bad poets around the time of Shakespeare, and not everything he wrote was golden either. Good rappers do the same thing Shakespeare did, and bad ones fail for the same reasons bad poets failed.

Good rappers aren't the same as good authors. Name a "Good rapper", some of the guys from J5? Ok, i'll go with that. Are they as good as Steinbeck? I'd say no.
Quote:

Rap is not worse by default than Shakespeare (or 'Shakespear', as you call him).

Fuck me running, a typo.
Quote:

There is nothing about rhyming to a beat that prevents brilliant lyrics. Listen to Talib Kweli, or K-Os, or one of dozens of other rappers with intelligent lyrics and you're bound to find something good.

I'm sure I will. I never said I didn't appreciate other cultures music. After naming Kweli and K-Os, i'm wondering how many painters you could name, and the genre they painted under?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3216844 - 10/05/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Blacks getting money for traversing balls up and down fields/courts and rapping isn't the same as them being "better off".

There are lots of black business owners and professionals. Many more than there are rappers and basketball players. Just because the only blacks you know of are playing basketball and rapping, doesn't mean they're the only ones that exist.

what do you think about Shakespeare being taken out of schools, and "Johnny has two daddies" being put in in it's place

Who is saying Shakespeare should be taken out of schools? I do think it's kind of stupid that we had to devote half of our english classes for all of high school to studying one playwright from 500 years ago, instead of studying the other literature out there, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with bringing "Johnny has two daddies" into the school. It would be pretty dumb to replace Shakespeare with "Johnny has two daddies", as if you've already reached the Shakespeare level, you've probably been able to handle "Johnny has two daddies" for a few years now.

They care that white culture is being demonized and other cultures are eating away at it. White kids aren't taught as much about their history as they should be. How many white kids know the dfference between East Coast rappas and West coast? How many know teh difference between Chopin and Bach? See my point.

I see how you reached your point, but your argument is vitally flawed. How many of these kids you're referring to know anything about black musicians from Bach, or even Chopin's time? How about any music history from that time? How many of them know who Britney Spears, Evanesence, Garth Brooks, or one of many contemporary white artists are? All of them, maybe?

The kids know about current culture, but not history. What a huge suprise.

We teach lots more about western culture in schools than about any other cultures. Sure, there has been more education about other cultures as well, and perhaps this means that some of the things that were being covered before are being replaced, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, white culture being demonized? WTF are you talking about?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3216851 - 10/05/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Laughing at the death of your people is like laughing at the rainforests being burned down

Wow, I mean I've been called a racist on these boards, but wow......

I don't see how the advancement of the black race has to "kill" the white race.

Quote:

Blacks should be given positive role models like doctors and such, rather than P Jiggy.

Blacks (most, some, I don't know) reject these type of leaders (see: Bill Cosby)

Quote:

White kids aren't taught as much about their history as they should be. How many white kids know the dfference between East Coast rappas and West coast? How many know teh difference between Chopin and Bach? See my point.

I'm a white kid, and I know how retarded you are.

Oh, and about the flames, fuck you. fuck you up your stupid asshole.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3216861 - 10/05/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
There are lots of black business owners and professionals. Many more than there are rappers and basketball players. Just because the only blacks you know of are playing basketball and rapping, doesn't mean they're the only ones that exist.

Without looking them up, name a couple. How many G's in da hood know of them? Any? hardly. How many homeboys know of star athletes or rappers? All of them? Which is the more prominent role model?
Quote:

I see how you reached your point, but your argument is vitally flawed. How many of these kids you're referring to know anything about black musicians from Bach, or even Chopin's time?

A-hah. I don't think that their were any. Name a few?
Quote:

We teach lots more about western culture in schools than about any other cultures. Sure, there has been more education about other cultures as well, and perhaps this means that some of the things that were being covered before are being replaced, but there's nothing wrong with that.

As long as western culture isn't demonized in the schools, I'm fine with learning othe things. If schools offered "Western Civilization" classes along with Affican American history, Asian history etc, I'd be even happier, you?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3216862 - 10/05/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i'm wondering how many painters you could name, and the genre they painted under?

I'm not huge into rap, and I'm an art student, if that tells you anything.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3216865 - 10/05/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ah :smile:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: An interesting article about 'race' [Re: Skikid16]
    #3216880 - 10/05/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Wow, I mean I've been called a racist on these boards, but wow......

I don't see how the advancement of the black race has to "kill" the white race.

If it doesn't, then thats fine. If you thinkt hat the majority of white youth today act in accordance with their heritage and role models, thast your opinion. Most of them that I see act like G Homie from Da Haalem Projecks.
Quote:

Going to any gatherings?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3216893 - 10/05/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A-hah. I don't think that their were any. Name a few?

Of course there were, there just weren't any famous ones, Black spiritual music existed in the mid 1800's, when Chopin was around. It eventually grew into jazz and blues, which have had an enormous influence on all modern music.

If schools offered "Western Civilization" classes along with Affican American history, Asian history etc, I'd be even happier, you?

I took "Westen Civilization" in grade 12. I did pretty well in that class. Do you approve of the fact that Martin Luther King was discussed closer to the end of the class?

From what I can tell, the elimination of western culture and philosophy from schools today is an idea fabricated by racist organizations to scare people into thinking that the negroes are taking over.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3216902 - 10/05/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Of course there were, there just weren't any famous ones, Black spiritual music existed in the mid 1800's, when Chopin was around. It eventually grew into jazz and blues, which have had an enormous influence on all modern music.

Yes yes,  I said "name a few". Lets make that on the whole. Name some black composers that rival Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, etc. Now this isn't to say that I don't love a good Louis Armstrong song :smile: I definatly do
Quote:

I took "Westen Civilization" in grade 12. I did pretty well in that class. Do you approve of the fact that Martin Luther King was discussed closer to the end of the class?

It depends on what was said. Anything about him plageurizing his PhD thesis, but noone revoking it? Anything about him not being a real reverend? or the fact that MLK wasn't even his real name? Or the fact that the FBI tapes taken the night before he was murdered have him beating a white woman saying "Whos the negro now?"  Somehow, i'm doubting that it did.
Quote:

From what I can tell, the elimination of western culture and philosophy from schools today is an idea fabricated by racist organizations to scare people into thinking that the negroes are taking over.

Look at white kids around their teenage years. See any black cultural influence?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3216942 - 10/05/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Most of them that I see act like G Homie from Da Haalem Projecks.

Yeah, some white kids act like that, until its time to get a job and pay for their own shit....

Quote:

Going to any gatherings?

I may be going to the oregon gathering, why?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: An interesting article about 'race' [Re: Skikid16]
    #3216969 - 10/05/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Yeah, some white kids act like that, until its time to get a job and pay for their own shit....

What, then they start listening to Mozart? Gimme a break.
Quote:

I may be going to the oregon gathering, why?

I'm a white kid, and I know how retarded you are.

I'd like to discuss those in person, but a shroomery gathering shouldn't have negativity. Next time I'm in that neck of the woods I'll IM ya my hotel.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3216982 - 10/05/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes yes, I said "name a few". Lets make that on the whole. Name some black composers that rival Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, etc. Now this isn't to say that I don't love a good Louis Armstrong song

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, etc, don't compare with Mozart and Beethoven? Why not?

It depends on what was said. Anything about him plageurizing his PhD thesis, but noone revoking it? Anything about him not being a real reverend? or the fact that MLK wasn't even his real name? Or the fact that the FBI tapes taken the night before he was murdered have him beating a white woman saying "Whos the negro now?" Somehow, i'm doubting that it did.

Cecil Adams puts it well here: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030502.html

"As every reasonable observer has commented, neither King's sexual wanderings nor his scholarly misdeeds detract from his core achievement. By continually publicizing black grievances while putting a palatable, nonviolent face on resistance to jim crow, King paved the way for the landmark civil rights legislation of the 1960s and a major turnaround in public attitudes about race. But there's no getting around the fact that he was a complex and deeply flawed man. Was he a great American? No argument here. Was he a fraud and a hypocrite? He was that, too."

Look at white kids around their teenage years. See any black cultural influence?

Yeah... what does that have to do with white cultural influence being eliminated?

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3216990 - 10/05/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Miles Davis, John Coltrane, etc, don't compare with Mozart and Beethoven? Why not?

Well, as usual, for blacks to thrive,they have to be in a white society. Name some blacks from Africa that compare, and some whites from Europe.
Quote:

"As every reasonable observer has commented, neither King's sexual wanderings nor his scholarly misdeeds detract from his core achievement. By continually publicizing black grievances while putting a palatable, nonviolent face on resistance to jim crow, King paved the way for the landmark civil rights legislation of the 1960s and a major turnaround in public attitudes about race. But there's no getting around the fact that he was a complex and deeply flawed man. Was he a great American? No argument here. Was he a fraud and a hypocrite? He was that, too."

I was asking if the class you were in mentioned that. Did it?
Quote:

Yeah... what does that have to do with white cultural influence being eliminated?

Would you say that white kids today are more acquainted with black culture, or white culture?

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3217195 - 10/05/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, as usual, for blacks to thrive,they have to be in a white society. Name some blacks from Africa that compare, and some whites from Europe.

Name some white from the US that does compare.. You can't? Maybe because the US is a cultural wasteland except for the culture developed by the blacks? [I'm sorry, you've got Friends and 24, that's culture!]

When people left Europe for the US, you got the greedy but unable to cope in Europe genes. That's who you are, and that's who you'll always be.

--------------------

Offlinehound
Loc: NAPTOWN
    #3217241 - 10/05/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Also, we are more naturally inclined to be attracted to members of our own race.

That is in direct contradiction in what the article that you used as the basis for this thread states.

Quote:

All dark races prefer white skin, and it is a general rule that the female of the inferior race prefers the male of the superior race to the male of her own race, no matter how striking the difference. That the inferior male considers the superior female more beautiful than the female of his own race is indicated everywhere, and clearly demonstrated among the Turks."

I have always been more attracted to females of a different race than my own.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3217246 - 10/05/04 05:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Keep up the good work....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinehound
Loc: NAPTOWN
    #3217251 - 10/05/04 05:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Idiots fucking and breeding are one of the biggest problems we face.

That is something that you need to take up with your parents.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3217257 - 10/05/04 05:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Well, as usual, for blacks to thrive,they have to be in a white society.

No. In order to whites to thrive, in the sense of the word understood by you, blacks need to be in white society.

Quote:

Name some blacks from Africa that compare

I dont know enough about African music to say whether any of their composers compare with Beethoven etc and Im damn sure you dont.
There music will obviously sound alot different to Beethoven and it seems that you will translate this difference as inferiority. All this really proves is that you are a small minded bigot.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order